ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #7111
Tye
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Middle Earth
Oddometer: 28
One question, my 640 is in need of a new chain.
I take it its a 520 and a good O ring is the chain for the job?
__________________
Do not go where the path may lead...go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #7112
NitroAcres
MotoBiggots Suck
 
NitroAcres's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: A ChickenHouse in NorthGeorgia
Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
One question, my 640 is in need of a new chain.
I take it its a 520 and a good O ring is the chain for the job?
I have been having good luck with DID Erv3 chains on mine...
NitroAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #7113
Tye
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Middle Earth
Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroAcres View Post
I have been having good luck with DID Erv3 chains on mine...
Thanks Nitro.
I've always had the WR Regina 520 o ring on my 400exc but had no idea if it was good enough on the 640
__________________
Do not go where the path may lead...go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #7114
axehead
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai, Fek its hot
Oddometer: 48
I just ordered a replacement wiring harness, P/N 58211075300.

Got an email back from KTM parts saying it is discontinued.

Anyone know a shop with NOS, or any aftermarket plug and play looms?
axehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #7115
liferider
Never It's enough
 
liferider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Patagonia
Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Thanks Nitro.
I've always had the WR Regina 520 o ring on my 400exc but had no idea if it was good enough on the 640
My 640ADV has 50.000Kms on the clock, this combination have been working for me (60% dirt / 40% pave)
503.10.800.118/04 - KTM Orange O-ring Chain
584.10.051.042/04 - KTM Orange Alu/Steel Rear Sprocket
580.33.029.016 - KTM Front Sprocket

They last 20.000Kms average, don't know if this is good, or is improvable.


.
__________________
'Long Life to Dirt Riders'
__________________________________________________ _______
Argentina-Chile-Peru - Home of the Dakar ... again ... and again... and again!
liferider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #7116
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,017
Just put the new RK chain on and will add the SuperSprox sprockets for a lifetime warranty combination, should work swimmingly
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #7117
motorjon68
Gnarly Adventurer
 
motorjon68's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: S.W. Ohio
Oddometer: 419
My 2002 pees gas even with the petcock off. Where can I get a rebuild kit? thx, Jon
__________________
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c*#t... me.--Brick Top, "Snatch"
motorjon68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #7118
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorjon68 View Post
My 2002 pees gas even with the petcock off. Where can I get a rebuild kit? thx, Jon
Sounds like the float needle.

You can get parts from Motolab.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #7119
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!
 
juames's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
Just put the new RK chain on and will add the SuperSprox sprockets for a lifetime warranty combination, should work swimmingly
Where do you order them from?
__________________
Roaming Rally 2011RR2012 RR2013 RR14
"I don't hate people...I just feel better when they are not around." - Henry Chinaski
juames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #7120
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Where do you order them from?
direct from Supersprox
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #7121
Tye
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Middle Earth
Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by liferider View Post
My 640ADV has 50.000Kms on the clock, this combination have been working for me (60% dirt / 40% pave)
503.10.800.118/04 - KTM Orange O-ring Chain
584.10.051.042/04 - KTM Orange Alu/Steel Rear Sprocket
580.33.029.016 - KTM Front Sprocket

They last 20.000Kms average, don't know if this is good, or is improvable.


.
Thanks Liferider
__________________
Do not go where the path may lead...go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #7122
AEsco48
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Oddometer: 63
Anyone mount an expansion tank to the overflow port on the radiator?

Will be riding in the desert... No sense in letting the water pour out if it can be captured....

(Did a search and have not found anything...)
AEsco48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #7123
TaxMan
...
 
TaxMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEsco48 View Post
Anyone mount an expansion tank to the overflow port on the radiator?

Will be riding in the desert... No sense in letting the water pour out if it can be captured....

(Did a search and have not found anything...)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2072

Zip-tied mine to the frame in front of the right rad. Fits perfectly and I can keep an eye on the fluid level in the tank while sitting on the bike.
__________________
2002 Triumph Bonneville
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
TaxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #7124
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!
 
juames's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
direct from Supersprox
Thanks Mike!
__________________
Roaming Rally 2011RR2012 RR2013 RR14
"I don't hate people...I just feel better when they are not around." - Henry Chinaski
juames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #7125
AEsco48
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxMan View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2072

Zip-tied mine to the frame in front of the right rad. Fits perfectly and I can keep an eye on the fluid level in the tank while sitting on the bike.

Nice, thx.
AEsco48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014