Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #7276
Faken00b
I might be...

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdreyer View Post
Nice photo illustration faken00B, there used to be a guy that used that marking paint like you have on your banjo bolt but he's......no longer with us.
tdreyer... I believe the guy you're thinking of has been attempting to survive colon cancer for the past few years... and prefers not to participate at the same level as his previous persona. Perhaps anon.

mtbdemon... if you click on the link in my last post, there's more on 640 brakes.

Cheers,
FN
Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #7277
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faken00b View Post
tdreyer... I believe the guy you're thinking of has been attempting to survive colon cancer for the past few years... and prefers not to participate at the same level as his previous persona. Perhaps anon.

mtbdemon... if you click on the link in my last post, there's more on 640 brakes.

Cheers,
FN
I'm not kiddin' I love you guys!!!!
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #7278
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faken00b View Post

Cheers,
FN
Hey Fake,

If you happen to know "the other guy" please pass on ALL our best wishes to him.

And welcome back.

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #7279
Faken00b
I might be...

Oddometer: 41
Should I see him, I'll be sure and pass that along David.

Best,
FN
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #7280
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrobertson View Post
Hi, Looking for contact details for ZeroDog (a member on ADV). Used to be a 640 owner and I heard he was good with the suspension. Anybody know what happened to him, or have contact details?
I belive he is no longer doing it and is photographing .. I may be wrong but couldnt find infinity machine and desgin's website.. i know that Javier at trailtricks has done a good job with mine but see you are in OZ and should find someone local I imagine the shipping would be pricey
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #7281
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
Lets say I know where a 2001 640 with 1000 miles on the clock is and it can be had for $3000.00.

What say yee!!!

Bundy
my friend may be interested
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 06-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #7282
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrobertson View Post
hey fake,

if you happen to know "the other guy" please pass on all our best wishes to him.

And welcome back.
+2
Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #7283
eizrah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
KTM 640 adv rallybash plate with toolbox

Anyone know where i could get the rally bashguard with tool box on the left and right compartment type? I have been searching high and low, lost a bid on ebay... googlingthe net... so any kind soul could assist me on this? Rockhard rally bashguard sells it but sorry its NOT the one i wanted. So 640 owner pls show me the light!!!
eizrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #7284
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizrah View Post
Anyone know where i could get the rally bashguard with tool box on the left and right compartment type? I have been searching high and low, lost a bid on ebay... googlingthe net... so any kind soul could assist me on this? Rockhard rally bashguard sells it but sorry its NOT the one i wanted. So 640 owner pls show me the light!!!
This fella makes them.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #7285
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
As far as I know Rockhard is the only one that makes skid plates with two tool boxes.

The KTM plate has a "liquid" reservoir on the left side.

Cheers
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #7286
ararat
Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer: 1,906
Any one up for sharing some pics of their electric hack to make the high and low beam work together on low?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #7287
tdreyer
KTiM

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ararat View Post
Any one up for sharing some pics of their electric hack to make the high and low beam work together on low?
No pics but, does your lamp have a European marker lamp? That lamp on my SMC is always lit when the light is on low or high. Use the power wire to that lamp for your low and keep the high as is. Then when you switch to high beam the low will stay on. This is what I did for my rectangle H-4

"04625 SXC
'04 625 SMC 76,xxx mi.
'97 CR500 Sold
tdreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #7288
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by ararat View Post
I think you want low beam to stay on when you go to high beam. That way, low beam is just the single light and won't upset anybody.

As stated on another of your threads, I highly recommend you do this with relays (1 for low, 1 for high). Also, 110W is a lot to be drawing from the 640 electrical system (especially with heated grips on HIGH).

Don't have pic but:

1. Buy a BIG diode (with relays you can use much smaller as the switching wires draw nearly no amps/watts)
2. Solder wire to each end and cover with heat shrink tubing (buy this at Jaycar as well).
3. Now just patch into the wire that goes to high beam over to the low beam wire. If it doesn't work (or high comes on with low), just reverse the wiring.

I have recently done a similar thing, but with a Rigid Industries 6 x LED light bar.

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom

dnrobertson screwed with this post 07-05-2012 at 02:57 PM Reason: fix some typos
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #7289
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Twisted Throttle carries the SW Motech ones, not great shots but it's all I've got at the moment

RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #7290
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
SW-Motech makes these tool boxes for bashguard:
http://shop.sw-motech.com/lshop,show...0.014.103,.htm

and thats how their bashguard looks:
http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/co...typid=68451374

I think positive is that this boxes are screwed on the bashguard, if you don't need them just unscrew them, or if you are going on big trip just screw them on and then weld it to be sure you will not lose them somewhere on hard off road
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote