Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #61
creeper OP
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunan
i'm not saying this was fun, but it was an adventure...and it got us into death valley. don't even want to talk about what we had to do to get out again...
Sure looks like fun to me... you Bastard!

Creeper
Old 02-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #62
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by twsiv
Nate, how do you like that seat compared to your stock brick? I've been thinking about a seat mod or a switch to the '03' stock seat.
The seat is much better but not as good as the stock BMW seat. I would say it's good enough. If I wanted to ride across the country, I would visit Coribn first.
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #63
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Baja huh! You bastard! I'd hate you but I hear your a decent sort of guy

Lookin' all business like and shit there Nate. How you likin' that SW Motec side stand? That the bolt-on unit?

There's a thread I started somewhere in "Thumpers" here with a pretty good listing of LC4 exhausts... if you haven't already seen it that is.

I've got the roadbook holder on order, any trouble with that for lock to lock?

See ya' round the WWW,
Creeper
Hey, who said I was a decent guy? That SOB!
That SW Motec stand is awsome. It bolts right up in about 3 minutes. and I did see that Exhaust thread you had. That's what got me started on it in the first place. Every time I see your posts, I know I am going to gona want something. THANKS!!!!

Oh, and that roadbook holder works great. I can still lock my Forks. I tried it for the first time in Baja and Yep! it still works. The Brush guards to hit it but arn't in the way. It hasn't afected my riding any. I fall off without any help.

ktmnate screwed with this post 02-23-2004 at 05:24 PM
Old 02-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #64
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I think we is talking about the sub $30, genuine KTM widget... at least that's what I'm talking about. The one in the KTM hardparts catalog.

Creeper
Yep! that's the one I got. I paid $32 and me thinks it's worth it. If you want some Pictures, I can post them for ya.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #65
creeper OP
Still alive...

Hey ktmnate... you bastard,
When I track down the rat bastard that called you a decent guy, I will personally send my kitten after him, no charge... other than the cost of 1 round of .338 Lapua Mag.

I got my roadbook holder for... less than you paid! (This makes up for some of that "Lookit' me, I went to fuckin' Baja" thing)

Take a look at the latest post on the pipe thing, I consolidated all the links and offered up a "shut the fuck up your motorcycle" editorial, for which I'm sure I will take shit from the "loud pipes save lives - you can have my loud ass pipe when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" types.

Ta Ta,
Creeper
Old 02-23-2004, 11:26 PM   #66
Alchemist
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:

You Aussie bastard you! There are lots of folks in the US that are really pissed at KTM for not bringing in the '04 640 Adventure. We'll have to hear all about it when you have more time on it.
What carb is installed? Please don't beat me up anymore by telling me it's a FCR Congratulations!

Creeper
No, its just got the Mikuni. Staintune system and airbox mod on the way ('bout another 1000km)

PS how do I attach pics. Do I need someone to host them ?
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:17 AM   #67
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
PS how do I attach pics. Do I need someone to host them ?
After you have selected the "quote" or "reply" button, on the new page below the "submit reply" "Preview post" you will see another dialog box: "Manage Attachments." Click on this box, and a pop up window will appear allowing you to browse through the files on your computer, and select the one you want, then select upload. You should be good to go! (A kiwi once told me there wasn't anything worth taking pics of pics of in Austrailia. Guess he was wrong, after all you guys have KTM's down under. . )
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #68
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
After you have selected the "quote" or "reply" button, on the new page below the "submit reply" "Preview post" you will see another dialog box: "Manage Attachments." Click on this box, and a pop up window will appear allowing you to browse through the files on your computer, and select the one you want, then select upload. You should be good to go! (A kiwi once told me there wasn't anything worth taking pics of pics of in Austrailia. Guess he was wrong, after all you guys have KTM's down under. . )
Mack, the "Verbose Pontificator!" and closet computer geek has spoken.... heed his words well O Aussie dude, and take not the word of the Mack in vain lest ye be struck down by Creeper's avenging kitten of death.

On a lighter note, you got the Mikuni BST, or the cool and bitchen' Mikuni TMR? You have to go 1000km farther before someone will let you have the airbox mod?... Australia has strange ways of doing things, must be the below the equator thing.

Creeper's kitten,
Mortius
Old 02-24-2004, 12:17 PM   #69
ncfitton
Summit Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
(A kiwi once told me there wasn't anything worth taking pics of pics of in Austrailia. Guess he was wrong, after all you guys have KTM's down under. . )
i wouldn't trust a kiwi further than i could throw his sheep^H^H^H^H^H... errrr, i mean mother
ncfitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:18 PM   #70
Nicke
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hello all!

I felt an urgent need to tribute to this thread..

This is my bike..a old one..(97) but sooo fun (more pics at our website=)
Attached Images

www.fraggel.se
Nicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #71
creeper OP
Still alive...

White! I love white! Pretty, pretty, pretty! You Bastard!

Sweden! I love Sweden! You Bastard!

If you drop your bike in the snow... do you have to wait for summer before you can find it?

Creeper
Old 02-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #72
Nicke
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:

If you drop your bike in the snow... do you have to wait for summer before you can find it?

Creeper
Hehe.. Yeah, it´s hard to live here in Sweden, with a white bike like mine..
Thats the reason why i dont have tires for ice ..

Heres my friend KTMDanne in action on his Adventure (2000)..

www.fraggel.se
Nicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #73
Alchemist
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Mack, the "Verbose Pontificator!" and closet computer geek has spoken.... heed his words well O Aussie dude, and take not the word of the Mack in vain lest ye be struck down by Creeper's avenging kitten of death.

On a lighter note, you got the Mikuni BST, or the cool and bitchen' Mikuni TMR? You have to go 1000km farther before someone will let you have the airbox mod?... Australia has strange ways of doing things, must be the below the equator thing.

Creeper's kitten,
Mortius
Got the standard Mikuni. The mods are to be done at the first service which is at 1500k. Did 500k first ride. Trying to get time away from work to do the rest as I've got some touring planned for April and want to get it all sorted.

re the below the equator thing, mmmm didn't think of that. Should I alter the jetting for the heavier air down here

Comments of pics noted. I'll post up some of my track bike (GSXR600) as well (but in another thread of course).
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #74
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicke
Hehe.. Yeah, it´s hard to live here in Sweden, with a white bike like mine..
Thats the reason why i dont have tires for ice ..

Heres my friend KTMDanne in action on his Adventure (2000)..

those are some cool pix. Are you guys running studed tires?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #75
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
Got the standard Mikuni. The mods are to be done at the first service which is at 1500k. Did 500k first ride. Trying to get time away from work to do the rest as I've got some touring planned for April and want to get it all sorted.

re the below the equator thing, mmmm didn't think of that. Should I alter the jetting for the heavier air down here

Comments of pics noted. I'll post up some of my track bike (GSXR600) as well (but in another thread of course).
I believe, based on the equatorial "amalgamated theory of the counter-clockwise flush", all jetting choices should be multiplied by pi squared and divided by your dogs birthday.

Creeper