ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2005, 09:24 AM   #1021
creeper OP
Still alive...
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Puget Sound
Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
Coming over to the loud side are ya?
Another anti-social, snausage fingered, rat bastard, Akra flashin' POS. Saving grace?... best KTM seats ever. Scofflaw dodges another bullet.
__________________
So... how's tricks?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #1022
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Another anti-social, snausage fingered, rat bastard, Akra flashin' POS. Saving grace?... best KTM seats ever. Scofflaw dodges another bullet.
Go back to your "I have nothing better to do/ I need a life/ please be my friend and tell me what color I should paint my bike and what do you think THREAD!

Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #1023
ChrisC
Molon Labe
 
ChrisC's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Prescott, Arizona USA Earth
Oddometer: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
Go back to your "I have nothing better to do/ I need a life/ please be my friend and tell me what color I should paint my bike and what do you think THREAD!

Hey...be nice, or Creep will kick you in your good knee...
__________________
Chris
'03 KTM Adventure 640
'43 BSA M20WD
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #1024
creeper OP
Still alive...
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Puget Sound
Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
please be my friend
I got enough "frends"... what I really need are some creative enemies.
__________________
So... how's tricks?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #1025
Surly
surly adventurer
 
Surly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Salem, OR
Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Making the semi-safe assumption that 2005 will be the same as '03 - '04 here...

1. Main jet... from 152.5 to 157.5 - 162.5... dependant on other variables.

2. Needle clip from #3 to #4 position

3. Slide vacuum ports... drill to .110 - .125", or 3mm

4. Leave the pilot air and fuel jets alone for now. Doesn't seem to be an issue on '03 and later.

5. Mixture screw... adjust idle speed to 1800 RPM on a hot bike, adjust mixture screw to provide fastest idle (usually no more than 1/2 turn in or out), then readjust idle speed to 1600 +/- 50.

Thazit,
Creep
So if 157.5 is a little rich at 7k is there something like a 155.5? that would be ideal for 5k?
I have ridden fuels injected bikes for so long am I gonna have a problem going from 5k to sea level?
The 152.5 will just get worse, leaner, the lower I go correct? I dont wanna be running lean in Baja in April...
__________________
Surly

I pray that you dont look at me
I pray I dont look back...


Where is Surly?
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:24 AM   #1026
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC
Hey...be nice, or Creep will kick you in your good knee...
I got a good knee??
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #1027
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
I got enough "frends"... what I really need are some creative enemies.
You know I love you Pimp dog
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #1028
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Texas USA Native Oregonian
Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly
So if 157.5 is a little rich at 7k is there something like a 155.5? that would be ideal for 5k?
I have ridden fuels injected bikes for so long am I gonna have a problem going from 5k to sea level?
The 152.5 will just get worse, leaner, the lower I go correct? I dont wanna be running lean in Baja in April...
I have run seal level jetting, that we arrived at on a dyno with a ega, it seemed about perfect. Well this same jetting has been run from 4000ft to 8000ft, and it worked fine, I changed out one full step, and didn't even notice a difference. (It only takes 5 minutes max to swap the main through the bowl screw.)
__________________
Österreichische Motorräder und deutsche Autos. Wie wundervoll kann das Leben sein

Mack screwed with this post 02-05-2005 at 02:51 PM Reason: Changed out one full step, on one day to see if going a main jet leaner would help at the higher elevations, no diff.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #1029
Buckster
Banned
 
Buckster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta GA or London UK
Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
I got enough "frends"... what I really need are some creative enemies.
Duely noted.
Buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:44 PM   #1030
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
I have run seal level jetting, that we arrived at on a dyno with a ega, it seemed about perfect. Well this same jetting has been run from 4000ft to 8000ft, and it worked fine, I changed out one full step, and didn't even notice a difference. (It only takes 5 minutes max to swap the main through the bowl screw.)
this is all contingent on keeping the holy BST

FCR runnin' heathens must use a slide ruler to compute jetting changes as the temperature swings 10 degrees or the altitude changes 10 feet
__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #1031
Surly
surly adventurer
 
Surly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Salem, OR
Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
I have run seal level jetting, that we arrived at on a dyno with a ega, it seemed about perfect. Well this same jetting has been run from 4000ft to 8000ft, and it worked fine, I changed out one full step, and didn't even notice a difference. (It only takes 5 minutes max to swap the main through the bowl screw.)
At sea level you had the best AFR with the 157.5, correct?

I have a wideband O2 that I think they make an adapter for the tailpipe for tuning bikes. I could try that out and see what I get here at 4-5k. Though I am no pro tuner, I just have it for the car.
Jets cant be that expensive so I guess that I could buy a couple (155.5, 157.5) and probably wont need anything richer if you had a 157.5 at sea level.
__________________
Surly

I pray that you dont look at me
I pray I dont look back...


Where is Surly?
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #1032
ChrisC
Molon Labe
 
ChrisC's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Prescott, Arizona USA Earth
Oddometer: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly
So if 157.5 is a little rich at 7k is there something like a 155.5?
BST! ( ) jets come in steps of 2.5, so stock is 152.5, then 155, 157.5.....and so on....

CC
__________________
Chris
'03 KTM Adventure 640
'43 BSA M20WD
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:55 PM   #1033
mars
Starbucks anyone?
 
mars's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: El Reno,ok
Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly
John did you get yours, in Boise? Is it in yet?
Thats where I am getting mine

I ride at 4-6k feet and am heading to sea level for Baja and like to know if I should make these changes for those altitudes also
Im getting from another dealer who is a good riding budy. I need to go to the local shop and confess my sins but they probably will have no problem selling the two they have arriving. I feel real shitty about buying from some where else but hopefully I can redem myself as soon as they find out what I usually spend each year on accessories. If they are like my wife I wont have to say anything and they can read my mind. I always try to suport the local shops.

john in idaho
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #1034
mars
Starbucks anyone?
 
mars's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: El Reno,ok
Oddometer: 1,896
I sent an email to Scott Harden and asked if there was going to be another KTM rally this year like the one in Idaho. He sent me a nice reply that there would be one in Nevada. Cool.

Its great to have sports heroes that actually communicate.

john in idaho
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #1035
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Texas USA Native Oregonian
Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly
At sea level you had the best AFR with the 157.5, correct?

I have a wideband O2 that I think they make an adapter for the tailpipe for tuning bikes. I could try that out and see what I get here at 4-5k. Though I am no pro tuner, I just have it for the car.
Jets cant be that expensive so I guess that I could buy a couple (155.5, 157.5) and probably wont need anything richer if you had a 157.5 at sea level.
2002 - Sea Level - KTM Hardparts airbox sidescreen - SXC Supermoto silencer (Straight through, unbaffled can) yielded a 165 main, I swapped to a 160 to try that at higher alltitude, for one day out of several where I expected to see major jetting changes, and as I said noticed no difference.
__________________
Österreichische Motorräder und deutsche Autos. Wie wundervoll kann das Leben sein
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014