Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly
Didnt get the bike from them
Just the parts

I thought that was the place to buy parts, KTM Talk discount and all
Should I be shopping elsewhere?
use get a quote and if you just order parts direct you can Email Pat and ask him not to use Munns Racing. He has other venders. Chip is known to make promises then raise the price and blame Rance and visa versa as well as keep telling you it's on the way in reality he has it backorderd or hasn't ordered because he waites to get a large order ready before sending off for it. like every two weeks so that could make your order three weeks out.
I've already said to much.
Cycle hutt comes to mind one that will bend over backwards and they are in you're back yard. South Dakota. talk to Justin or Steve.
Dirtrider here has a KTM shop in Montana I think so PM him for info. I think there are a couple more too. Check out the other prices and I think you'd be surprized you don't save that much or anything with munn taking into account time and shipping.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #1082
Surly
surly adventurer

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
use get a quote and if you just order parts direct you can Email Pat and ask him not to use Munns Racing. He has other venders. Chip is known to make promises then raise the price and blame Rance and visa versa as well as keep telling you it's on the way in reality he has it backorderd or hasn't ordered because he waites to get a large order ready before sending off for it. like every two weeks so that could make your order three weeks out.
Cycle hutt comes to mind one that will bend over backwards and they are in you're back yard. South Dakota. talk to Justin or Steve.
Dirtrider here has a KTM shop in Montana I think so PM him for info. I think there are a couple more too. Check out the other prices and I think you'd be surprized you don't save that much or anything with munn taking into account time and shipping.
Thanks man!
We dont have jack local
I will PM DirtRider

I pray that you dont look at me
I pray I dont look back...

Where is Surly?
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #1083
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly

Waitin' over here

But that aint stopped my from buyin stuff....
58214069044 TRIPMASTER SWITCH CPL. ADV. 02 $44.95
58406003200 AIRBOX COVER RACING LC4 640 $29.95
58212090144 ROADBOOK CARRIER CPL. ADV. 01 $28.78
54803045000 CRASH PADS FRONT $25.60
54803046000 CRASH PADS REAR $34.00
Suggested Retail Total $163.28
Your Munn Racing Total (15% Discount) $138.79

Saw the crash pads and thought for supermoto work they might add a measure of protection..prob wont do jack off road and maybe a waste of $50 but a whole lot cheaper than the slider on my sportbike

I was told Feb delivery
That became late Feb early Mar

Going to Baja in April and I want to get 2-3k miles on it first so it better get here soon. I dont know if I can neglect the misses to ride 1k a week and then leave town for two weeks
I am watin for one too. I was going to order the airbox cover but didnt know which one. Does any one know what jets are needed to make it run properly. My 02 was incredibly lean and wouldnt hardly run below 1800 rpm. I want to do the jetting changes right away. I also emailed sommer and they said they would send the jets needed to make it run better. I may go ahead and get that ordered.

john in idaho
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #1084
Surly
surly adventurer

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars
I am watin for one too. I was going to order the airbox cover but didnt know which one. Does any one know what jets are needed to make it run properly. My 02 was incredibly lean and wouldnt hardly run below 1800 rpm. I want to do the jetting changes right away. I also emailed sommer and they said they would send the jets needed to make it run better. I may go ahead and get that ordered.

john in idaho
I have heard from a fella in Boise and aother one in Missoula 160
Given that they are pretty close and close in Alt I think its a decent starting point
Then again neither was an 05...

I pray that you dont look at me
I pray I dont look back...

Where is Surly?
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #1085
gozell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Just sharing this cool pic, riding around in cornfields is NOT such a good idea, beware of soft patches.....

2 KTM's got stuck!!

gozell screwed with this post 02-21-2005 at 10:08 AM
gozell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #1086
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,417

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #1087
mars
Starbucks anyone?

that looks cold. I just got back from a ride in the desert we off loaded near Murphy Idaho and went into the Owyhee mtns. Oh my god. I used to plan vacations to mexico for months and take weeks to get into areas like this. I cant believe what an off road bonanza I have fallen into. We rode in the fog for most of the day and I didnt even try to take pictures. Of course it cleared up as soon as I drank my first beer after running the bike on to reserve and back to the truck.

If any of you have scotts dampner's you might want to look at servicing them. I have had mine for over 2 years now and it just didnt seem to be working right. Took it apart yesterday and what a bunch if black crap there was inside. cleaned it all up with a fresh load of oil and wow. It saved my but several times today riding in the sandy dry creeks.

Chris my new ridin buddy and I tore ass around all afternoon and every weekend seems to be a new greatest ride day for me now. I cant wait to get the new 640 and ride in the Saw Tooth's just down the road and let the poor old 450 exc get some needed rest and repairs.

john in idaho
Old 02-21-2005, 10:42 PM   #1088
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Sounds awesome, miss ya bud. (Rode out to Marble Falls on Sat. with Del and Co. split early do to the rain.)

Getting your 05 jetting should be pretty straight forward, but it will be effected by your silencer choice, that is the only reason I have not mentioned where I think you should start.

Mack screwed with this post 02-21-2005 at 10:47 PM
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:53 AM   #1089
mars
Starbucks anyone?

I miss all the great riders I know in Texas and especially my morning coffee crowd. I will probably just add some disks to the stock super trap if thats what they still use. I just don't need any more power but I would like it to run good at low rpm. We averaged 20 to 25 mph in the desert yesterday and I never once needed all the juice my 450 has on tap. We rode dry creek after dry creek as far up into the elevation as we could. To bad Texas has outlawed the crossing of any dry or wet creek much less using them as trails. My scotts really gets a work out here.
I will be expecting visits this year.

cheers.

john in idaho
Old 02-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #1090
Vespadood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Waitin' here, but for different reasons.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars
How many people out there are waiting for an 05 640?

john in idaho
I've got my eye on one, but won't have enough dough 'til November.........hopefully I'll be able to find one under a rock or sumpthin' then.....

I was talking with Sam from Corse Superbikes in the Milwaukee area, he indicated that KTM is only bringing in approx. 50 units.......somehow I think this is a bit inadequate, especially for someone in my situation!

Oh well!

my baby: 2001 Vespa ET4 (don't laugh!)

recently departed: 1999 Ducati 750SS
Vespadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #1091
hubilado
Motoquiero

Oddometer: 153
Ordering KTM Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
Try Cyclezone Talk to Mike or Kevin. They provide unequalled service to KTM folks all over the country.
hubilado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #1092
mars
Starbucks anyone?

I emailed with Oliver Nix at Sommers and he said they would send the right jets for an 05 KTM with the air box cover for 32,76 euros and the shipping is 30 euros. They seem to understand what jets are needed for the 05's depending on which muffler is installed. If any one wants to go in this the shipping is only 5 euros more for two more kits.

john in idaho
Old 03-07-2005, 06:50 AM   #1093
G.Kennedy

Oddometer: 1,849
Craigincali and me ....

3-06-05 in and around Johnson Valley OHV.

and 180 deg.

IBA#11791

G.Kennedy screwed with this post 03-07-2005 at 07:01 AM
G.Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:54 AM   #1094
ScarrJaw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
ktm fun

So ive been workin on this bike for a couple months now, re did the paint, the decals, painted the windshield, re did the fuel lines, chain and sprockets, added a gps and rollchart, new brush guards - - and now... fuel tanks! Still need to add a second fuel pump and route them, but now at least the home made tank mounts work, (only found the tanks, not the mounts, painted em and made the decals also)
fun fun fun!

Not bad for an old 97!
Andrew
1997 KTM 620 Adventure
2000 Aprilia Mille R
1996 Ducati 900 SL
ScarrJaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:26 AM   #1095
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,363
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarrJaw
So ive been workin on this bike for a couple months now, re did the paint, the decals, painted the windshield, re did the fuel lines, chain and sprockets, added a gps and rollchart, new brush guards - - and now... fuel tanks! Still need to add a second fuel pump and route them, but now at least the home made tank mounts work, (only found the tanks, not the mounts, painted em and made the decals also)
fun fun fun!

Not bad for an old 97!
Andrew
Mmmm, rear tanks, tasty.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on a job well done.

The dakar stickers look shweeet too. If any BMWphile tells ya the stickers look too much like the BMW F650 dakar, just tell 'em ya didn't put them there, ya just over took someone on a BMW and the speed differential between a KTM and an F650 is so great, it sucked the stickers clean off their bike.
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote