User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #526
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
08 Blue/White for sale, Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Hi everyone. Feeling pretty shitty about this, but I have to sell my bike. Chronic low-back pain is just not making riding comfortable anymore.......
Here is the link to my Kijiji ads with some pics. I'm asking 5500( which is the average price here in Canada), but will take a reasonable offer.
Feel free to ask any questions through here or through Kijiji.
Cheers all
Steve
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ371517262
Bigolechalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #527
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 768
Bigo,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, especially as the spring is just starting. With any luck, a season's rest might sort it out & you could be looking for a new ride in a years time.
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #528
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

tks...

Thanks Jim. I know, the weather is just kicking in..... I do hope to be back on a bike in a couple of years. Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for best motorcycles for lowback pain??

I've been doing a lot of looking around, and the Triumph Scrambler looks like a pretty good ergonomic setup.

http://motorbikecycle.blogspot.ca/20...torcycles.html

Bigolechalupa screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 10:11 AM
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #529
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

Naked

Well, I was giving her a throrough cleaning today, and wanted to see what she'd look like naked. Well, here she is! I kinda like it. Just like a Bandit.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC06521.jpg

There is a few more in the photo album................http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o525/Bigolechalupa/
Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #530
jptsr1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigolechalupa View Post
Well, I was giving her a throrough cleaning today, and wanted to see what she'd look like naked. Well, here she is! I kinda like it. Just like a Bandit.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC06521.jpg

There is a few more in the photo album................http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o525/Bigolechalupa/
Interesting how well your Sargent saddle fits around the tank. Mine has a substantial gap there.
jptsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #531
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptsr1 View Post
Interesting how well your Sargent saddle fits around the tank. Mine has a substantial gap there.
I have the high seat....Wonder if that makes a difference?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #532
jptsr1
Adventurer

Quote:
I have the high seat....Wonder if that makes a difference?
Me too. I'm thinking its just a manufacturing anomaly with the seat or the bike.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #533
MidMo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
My Sargent sits right up next to the tank as well.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #534
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Thanks Jim. I know, the weather is just kicking in..... I do hope to be back on a bike in a couple of years. Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for best motorcycles for lowback pain??

I've been doing a lot of looking around, and the Triumph Scrambler looks like a pretty good ergonomic setup.

http://motorbikecycle.blogspot.ca/20...torcycles.html

I tried a cruiser, and it was THE WORST thing for lower back pain. I couldn't ride it for more than one hour.

Actually, for me and my back, the best bikes have always been sportier bikes. My XJR1300 is about perfect, and quite close to the GSX ergos, what I've found helps the most is a back support belt, like the weightlifters use:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/s.../aa060201a.htm

I really never use the belt on the SV1000 or the CBR 600RR, my wrists are killing me way before my back is sore on those bikes. But on the XT660 and the XJR1300 the belt makes a world of difference, specially on the XT660 which has a more upright riding position than the XJR. I think a bit of forward lean with the feet under you is the best riding position, you can rely on your legs on big bumps, and the forward position will not send every little bump up your spine.
Süsser Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #535
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

tks...

Thanks susser Tod...... I agree. I've been sitting on some cruisers at the shop, and almost immediately I can tell that my back is gonna hate me.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #536
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey all......I've been spending some more time on the bike this month, and I ended up selling the Sargent seat. The thing was super comfortable, but for some reason I just found it pulled me back further from the handlebars. Killed my back.

I've found that just having the risers-along with the stock seat- has made a pretty big difference. I may just try out a Bandit 1250 gel seat. Also been working on having the proper posture for riding, and that's making a difference as well for comfort.

Cheers
BiGo
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #537
mminob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Givi bags and Top box gsx650f for sale...SOLD...SOLD...SOLD

Hey guys and gals...I just got a 2008 gsx650f and dont need the Givi v35 saddlebags and v46 top box all mounts and hardware...matte black ...good condition...all monokey...so $500 shipped is one half off new and you can travel in style on this mile munching fun machine that has to be one of the best bang for your bucks around...mminob@cox.net for pics...cheers malcolm in socal SOLD...SOLD...SOLD...Thanks guys...

mminob screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 10:57 AM Reason: sold
mminob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #538
jptsr1
Adventurer

Which Sheepskin?

Ive got a Sargent seat on my F which works wonders over stock but im looking for a little extra comfort for an upcoming trip. Which Sheepskin fits and works best?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #539
jptsr1
Adventurer

Quote:
Ive got a Sargent seat on my F which works wonders over stock but im looking for a little extra comfort for an upcoming trip. Which Sheepskin fits and works best?

Thanks
well, i decided to give the Alaska leather one a try. it just arrived today and i have to say, for 60 bucks im not overly impressed. the fit isn't perfect but i guess that would be a tall order with a one size fits all cover. i probably should have just dug one of my old sheepskin coats out of storage and cut a patch out to fit. also, the buckle is in a spot where it looks like its going to rubb on the seat piping. anyway, hope this thing works. ill be posting a review as soon as i have some miles on it.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #540
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

It is with great sadness that I.......... ahhhh screw it, I'm happy as hell, lol!......that I traded in my GSXF and am bought a 2012 Kawasaki Versys
The GSXF was a really good bike. Reliable, powerful, nice looking, and more. But, for me.....my body just could not get comfortable on the thing. I tried a sargent seat...risers....stock seat...pads..... Nothing made me comfortable. And with long legs, the knee angle sucked And to top it all off, I could not get a break from the brutal wind buffeting on the highway.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But the Versys in a natural fit! So I'm happy. Plus, I may throw on some knobbies and turn her into a gravel/light dirt ADVer