Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
2012 BMW R1200GS fire sale in Calgary, AB

SOLD!!!

So I am a former Ottawa resident that has relocated to the San Francisco Bay area. To ease the transition, I brought my motorcycle with me even though I knew I wouldn't be able to import it into California because the state does not permit the importation of grey market motorcycles due to the stricter California emissions regulations.

So I return the bike last weekend to Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary hoping they would either sell the bike on consignment, or buy it off me outright. Well, there offer was ridiculously low, which I'm not all that surprised given I'm in SF literally have jack shit for options.

So I've placed the bike up for sale on Kijiji in Calgary and Edmonton hoping for a quick fire sale at $11,000. Attached is my Kijiji blurb. The bike has new tires and fresh Rotella T6, so it's good to be ridden anywhere in Canada in a fly and ride. It's currently registered in Ontario and has approximately 28,100 kms on it.

Priced at $10k for inmates.

Believe me, this bike is worth way more than that.

---
Up for sale is my 2012 R1200GS motorcycle. I relocated to San Francisco from Ottawa and brought it with me, but I can't import it inot California due it emissions regulations so I have returned it to Calgary to sell. The motorcycle is currently sitting at Blackfoot Motorsports but their offer is beyond ridiculous.

The motorcycle has been meticulously maintained. The motor oil was last changed a two weeks ago before I rode the motorcycle to Calgary, so it now has 2,100 kms on it. Similarly, both tires were replaced with Michelin Anakee 3's before the trip and are in like-new condition. The final drive and gearbox oil was changed at the 17,000 km mark before I shipped it down to SF.

The bike has a custom front seat (shown) but retains the standard pillion seat (not shown). It has AltRider crash bars, Vibranators, and a custom rim from Woddy's Wheel Works in Colorado. The front rim was damaged during one of my off-road riding endeavours and I decided to replace it with a high quality Excel rim from Woody's because the BMW rims are like butter.

The motorcycle also comes with Pivot Pegz. For the uninitiated, Pivot Pegz are much larger foot pegs that rotate slightly. There are extremely advantageous for off-road riding where you are often standing on the pegs navigating treacherous trails. The windshield is brand new.

The motorcycle was ridden like it was designed for, but well taken care of. There are scratches on the front forks which were caused by the PIAA light bar I had installed.

This is a motorcycle that should be selling for $15,000. Blackfoot's offer was so ridiculous that I'm offering it for less than 75% of that amount and am still slightly better off. Looking to sell before Canada Day, so give me a call!

I'm probably going to get my brother to pick the bike up at Blackfoot this weekend and take it to Airdrie. You can drop by and have a look at it at his place and hear it run. You can start it, but no test riders as it has only fire and theft insurance on it.

---

Here's the motorcycle as we're about to set off for Calgary from San Francisco. Cute cuddly Asian chick not included.

bigbadandugly screwed with this post 06-26-2015 at 05:27 PM Reason: Add mileage to the ad.
bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,434
Nice bike. Good luck with Sale. You may want to post this in the Flea market-Bikes section of this site too for more exposure.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
You're blurb on the bike looks a lot like those shipping scams you see on selling sites. I'm sure yours is not, but you may want to shorten your explanation in kijiji if you have difficulty selling it. Good deal. Too bad I just bought a bike.
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
Nice bike. Good luck with Sale. You may want to post this in the Flea market-Bikes section of this site too for more exposure.
I thought I did. Or at least that was my intent! Anyways, the dealer came up $1,700 to $9,300 and I sold it to him just to move on.

C