Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #1
drseth OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Time for New Belt and Roller Weights for my Zuma 50

Hi,

I have a 2005 Yamaha Zuma that is about due for a new belt and roller weights. What are the stock roller weights? I am thinking about going to sliders instead of roller weights, but don't know which weight would work best in my situation.

Me: 220 pounds, flat roads at sea level.

I am leaning towards getting a Gates Kevlar belt, as opposed to OEM belt. I though it might last longer than OEM.

Seth Anderson
drseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
DaBinChe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,253
OEM belts performs best and last longest. Stick to rollers, better then sliders. Only good thing with sliders is that it is able to open the variator just a tad bit more to gear a bit taller, but with your weight the zuma might not have enough power to get to the taller gearing. The weight you want is the lightest that can get you to top gear...but sometimes might not have enough power to get to taller gearing if rider is too heavy for bike.
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:53 AM   #3
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,173
As a prior owner of this same machine that happens to weigh close to same weight-I wouldn't spend anymore than what it takes to make the scoot saleable for the market. I worked mine from a non running project into a few bucks profit but did ride it some for a few months. Living up a steep private gravel road told me it lacked guts for my hauling my body
OP, I appreciate this is not a direct answer to your question but do a CL search and you'll see there's some fascinating scoots for sale everyday and many are on your end of the USA. Lots of those have some serious fun available at the flick of a wrist.
Signed another old retired guy.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote