User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
kipo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,354
Sellers Remorse

We've all heard of or had on occasion 'buyers remorse' but what about 'sellers remorse' I'm not talking about material things like houses, cars etc., I'm talking about our loved ones, bikes.

I just sold my WR 250 F (sorry XRman, but she has gone to a good home) and as soon as she went out the driveway I started to think I should have kept her. She was a faithful warrior, getting me 2 Finke dog spikes and several road trial finishes. Same happened when I sold my XR 600 and despite years of counselling I am still in mourning.

Who else has had sellers remorse?

P.S. Anyone know of a good Kato 950 / 990 for sale that I can console myself with

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club

kipo screwed with this post 06-29-2015 at 04:57 PM
kipo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
OneOff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
I don't think you're on your Pat there...

I've never been able to afford more than one bike at a time; after 15-20 bikes sold/traded over the past 40 years - I still miss every bloody one of them for a variety of reasons...
Old 06-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,389
My 950SE, was a sad day watching it go up the road. That was one fun do it all bike. The old don't know what you had until it's gone kicked in pretty hard. Anyway, moved on and will have another 950/990 one day.
poppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #4
CCCC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Your not on your own, about to pull the 990 out of storage and put it on the market........it's only just run in(4000km) regretting it already but it has to go.

CCCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
Russ

Oddometer: 17,341
I once sold a Ducati silver shotgun to buy an RD 350
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #6
fayeslane
Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer: 1,873
For me- they come, they go. The reasons for selling are valid at the time and you can always buy another one if the wound doesn't heal. Get excited about what you are going to buy next. I'm on my 5th or 6th R100GS

That wound is never going to heal Russ
various BMW airheads
fayeslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
kipo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCC View Post
Your not on your own, about to pull the 990 out of storage and put it on the market........it's only just run in(4000km) regretting it already but it has to go.

Can you PM me some details and price

Cheers, Kipo

Old 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 6,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post
We've all heard of or had on occasion 'buyers remorse' but what about 'sellers remorse' I'm not talking about material things like houses, cars etc., I'm talking about our loved ones, bikes.

I just sold my WR 250 F (sorry XRman, but she has gone to a good home) and as soon as she went out the driveway I started to think I should have kept her. She was a faithful warrior, getting me 2 Finke dog spikes and several road trial finishes. Same happened when I sold my XR 600 and despite years of counselling I am still in mourning.

P.S. Anyone know of a good Kato 950 / 990 for sale that I can console myself with
Gee, it's not like you don't buy any - hope you made a lot of fanfare at home about it going!! CCCC's looks good and all you'd have to do to get there is to get the other side of Pt Augusta and turn left - and you always knew that jacket would come in handy one day. Use your real estate salesman tactics on him - you'll almost get it for nothing!

That WR was good to you....

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
XRman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,298
+1

Quote:

Knowing that it went to a good home and would n't be abused made it easier to see it go. I had a lot of fun on that bike. Best darn hill climber I ever aimed at the Pyrenees ranges! Realistically it is getting old-ish ( it is 13 years old design now and going to a good paddock seems like a just reward for good service)

What you "need" Kipo is the YZ based 250 model they have in USA.

XRman screwed with this post 06-29-2015 at 06:03 PM
XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #10
kipo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
Knowing that it went to a good home and would n't be abused made it easier to see it go. I had a lot of fun on that bike. Best darn hill climber I ever aimed at the Pyrenees ranges! Realistically it is getting old-ish ( it is 13 years now and going to a good paddock seems like a just reward for good service)

What you "need" Kipo is the YZ based 250 model they have in USA.
What I 'need' is a big Kato and a CRF450R for Finke Well that's the plan (lucky my wife doesn't visit this site )

Old 06-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #11
XRman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,298
Good riddance thread

Next thread should be a "heap of shit that I was glad to off load" thread

I will start Yamaha DT360A ( ignition issues), KTM 300 85 model ( ate its own magnesium castings), KTM250 89 model ( ignition by SEM), XR200 ( breako transmission), XR400 ( would not work under water!),
Old 06-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #12
CCCC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
PM sent

Quote:
Can you PM me some details and price

Cheers, Kipo
CCCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #13
panhead_pete
Gone riding

Oddometer: 1,192
I've been through a lot of bikes and cars and recently sold my 32 roadster. Its the only vehicle I've grieved over and having had time to reflect on it I think possibly that's because I know I'll never get a better one where as with all the other bikes/cars I knew at some stage another better one would come along. A month later and Im still sad.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
Tony T
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,483
I'm amazed at how many bikes I sold cos they were crap, but somehow 20 years down the track, they don't seem so bad.....

I did miss by old DR750, but managed to buy it back 15 years later.

Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #15
OldDog
aka Hugh Jarse

Oddometer: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I once sold a Ducati silver shotgun to buy an RD 350
LOL I feel yer pain Russ, I traded an 850 Commando café racer for an RD350, I console myself with the fact that I was young and dumb.

Interesting thread though. Years ago I sold a Norton Atlas, loved that bike, totally restored it and back then parts were scarce. Didn't ride it much so sold it and almost instantly regretted it. 15 years later I found it for sale on Bikesales (so you could say I was still regretting that sale 15 years later) so bought it back instantly, and its sitting in my shed. Back in 86 I built a turbo CBX for a guy, and regretted handing over the keys when I delivered it. 30 years later and 8 months of searching I found that bike, and its in my shed getting rebuilt. I have a 950S in my shed, I don't ride and its in a few pieces right now. Would I ever sell it? No, because then I'd have to go to all the hassle of finding another one to replace it when in 5 years time I realise what a f*&kwit I was for selling this one.

See I've learnt to trust my gut when it says I'm about to do something stupid. Nothing worse than watch your best bike go down the road and all you have in your hand is some paper. Money you can find anywhere, try finding a decent 950S or in my case the turbo'd CBX.

See, who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote