Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #1531
choccoloco
Cabin Fever....

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd View Post
all i need to do is sort out that bloody surging and i will be a very happy adv rider
Mine was noticeable only with a constant throttle under 4K in traffic. G2 helped that alot. It's not that noticeable now, only when going too slow, but it can be worked around.

The 2012R I test rode was very smooth the whole time.

I think when you ride a 990 just hold the throttle at a constant & see how it reacts, From what I've heard it's a hit or miss with if a 990 does it, and how bad....

On another note, my 990 is going to be short lived. I'm going to have to let it go. Need to make changes due to my youngest health. Have to bring myself to put it on the market.
choccoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #1532
Jassky
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Choccoloco, those are terrible circumstances. Hope it all works out and you get to keep your new bike, or a replacement before too long.
Jassky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #1533
choccoloco
Cabin Fever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassky View Post
Choccoloco, those are terrible circumstances. Hope it all works out and you get to keep your new bike, or a replacement before too long.
Thanks but it's been a long road. Will try not to "overshare".... otherwise skip through now...

Just before my son was diagnosed I was about to buy new, near 2 yrs ago. He's been doing really well for the last 9 months so now it was time to move on. Then in last few days our house has been assessed & way too much money will be required to fit it out to be wheel chair friendly. So... easier to find another home that will require less work. So money that was aside for the 2nd car to help with taking the older boy to kindergarten now needs to go into the new home fund..... but we still need car no.2.... so the payoff is sell the 990, buy a cheap car, buy something like a DR (for now).

But I'll definitely be back, it's such a great bike, I have some time before I sell so I'm not in a hurry to do it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #1534
mickd
crash test dummie

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccoloco View Post
Thanks but it's been a long road. Will try not to "overshare".... otherwise skip through now...

Just before my son was diagnosed I was about to buy new, near 2 yrs ago. He's been doing really well for the last 9 months so now it was time to move on. Then in last few days our house has been assessed & way too much money will be required to fit it out to be wheel chair friendly. So... easier to find another home that will require less work. So money that was aside for the 2nd car to help with taking the older boy to kindergarten now needs to go into the new home fund..... but we still need car no.2.... so the payoff is sell the 990, buy a cheap car, buy something like a DR (for now).

But I'll definitely be back, it's such a great bike, I have some time before I sell so I'm not in a hurry to do it.
forgive me but can any of the adv guys and girls help in anyway with putting in a wheel chair access, i will give as much time as possible with my tools and labour for you and your family,
can we get together some chippies,builders etc that will give up some of there time for a fellow inmate,

pm me if you wish for me to delete this

all the very best mickd

I've just been to my first muslim birthday party. Musical chairs was a bit slow but F**k me, pass the parcel was bloody quick.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #1535
boy60
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Cheap car

or does anyone have a cheap car? I feel it should stay mickd. All the best with your son.

Cheers boy60
boy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #1536
Dale950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy60 View Post
What batteries are inmates using in there 950s. I need a new battery for my 950 and was hoping I could get some input. Thanks.
MotoBatt

http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/sh...FURypAodYBMJFg
Dale950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #1537
choccoloco
Cabin Fever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd View Post
forgive me but can any of the adv guys and girls help in anyway with putting in a wheel chair access, i will give as much time as possible with my tools and labour for you and your family,
can we get together some chippies,builders etc that will give up some of there time for a fellow inmate,

pm me if you wish for me to delete this

all the very best mickd
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy60 View Post
or does anyone have a cheap car? I feel it should stay mickd. All the best with your son.

Cheers boy60
Thanks guys. I very much appreciate it.
This was a long battle we originally thought we were loosing, so for us now we are extremely grateful for his current well being.
As far as access, that's only part of the problem, just think of every walkway, entrance to the bathroom & the rest.
The 2nd car also needs to accommodate his current equipment, not that small.... my prado just fits the gear we have to take now.
Anyway, I don't want to be selfish. it will only be short term (couple of years....hopefully). Like I said before though, I have some time to hang on to it & maybe organise what we're going to do, I did after all just put 12 months rego on it...

So for the time being I'll just have to go on a few rides...
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #1538
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,933
well I had a go on a 950se today which was a huge mistake because now I real realy want one.
So much power

Any way do these bikes have some kind of AIS on them that can be disconected to stop poping on decel?
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #1539
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
well I had a go on a 950se today which was a huge mistake because now I real realy want one.
So much power

Any way do these bikes have some kind of AIS on them that can be disconected to stop poping on decel?

Whose bike Joe, or need I ask

Managed to get rid of a lot of popping on the 950adv by swapping the paper air filter to a DNA unit. Bike has a prefilter and my reasoning was that the DNA should allow the same airflow as a paper filter without the prefilter. So far so good.

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #1540
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,217
...but popping on decel sounds cool!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #1541
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,836
The Duk returns.

xronly
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #1542
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,933
yea where you been Paul?
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #1543
Dee Cee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Thumb Sorting out 990's

had a ride on a xc800 and also the super ten,but again just not my cup of tea,so it could be the 990 again,all i need to do is sort out that bloody surging and i will be a very happy adv rider[/QUOTE]

Well hi there,

I sorted out the surging by having the correct mapping fitted for the Wings pipes, re-aligned the exhaust system so the mufflers are parrallel, removed all of the SAS, took out the secondary butterflys, repaired and correctly fitted the leaking steering damper, repaired stripped threads from fitting of the crash bars, fitted a HID high beam kit and generally have the bike about 80% where I want it.

Just need to top up the incomplete tool kit.

There is now absolutely no popping under heavy de-ecceleration, the bike runs as sweet as and returns me between 17 to 19.6 kls per litre depending on how I ride it.

I would miss this bike too.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #1544
LC8TY
must......find.......fuel

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffAgain View Post
Whose bike Joe, or need I ask

Managed to get rid of a lot of popping on the 950adv by swapping the paper air filter to a DNA unit. Bike has a prefilter and my reasoning was that the DNA should allow the same airflow as a paper filter without the prefilter. So far so good.
I didn't know you had a 950? have you still got the gs 800.

Joe, you can remove the SAS valve and plumbing, install block of plates on the cylinders and plug the airbox and that will reduce popping on decell but not get rid of it in total. It worked on my 950 but on the 990 it doesn't make as much difference.
to hear the cannonball a roar'n!
LC8TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #1545
kougar
go hard or go home

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
So much power

joe what ya doing riding phils bike,he"s not tring to sell it after it spat him off the other weekend is he.? his bike does pop bad on decel,mine was a simple carbie adjustment and some air jet thingy in the carbie i think,{mechanic did it }, now ya hooked dude.
kougar is offline   Reply With Quote