User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #2191
PBee

Oddometer: 8,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana View Post
Wouldnt touch one with a barge pole, but thats just me .

The microscopic gain/weight saving (placebo) that may be achieved are far out weighed by the loss of protection against the elements, water and mud in particular.

For a road bike, no biggy, but for offroad, no way.

If you want the best filtration for your motor you cant get better than oem paper for the finest particle filtration size with and add an easy to clean UniFilter Pre to protect your paper filter.

Just MHO,............ but what would I know.
+1

If you use a Uni pre-filter then possibly a BMC main filter would be the go, then you can wash/re-use the BMC.

I have a standard paper/Unifilter combo & will look at the BMC when the paper is stuffed.

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #2192
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,378
Quick change sock over the Uni pre is good too

1coolbanana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #2193
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
+1

If you use a Uni pre-filter then possibly a BMC main filter would be the go, then you can wash/re-use the BMC.

I have a standard paper/Unifilter combo & will look at the BMC when the paper is stuffed.

Just remember to get the model specific filter as their is a slight difference in the 950 and 990 filters. Some over at orange crush have had issues with incorrect sealing using BMC I suspect due to the wrong model.

Another brand to consider would be DNA, basically the same thing.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #2194
MudratinOz
Adventurer in training

Oddometer: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZWAZ View Post
Weight loss has never been the issue although trying to clean, let alone find an oem filter worth a small fortune in the middle of nowhere has.Also the fact i can pull the skin off with no tools is a bonus.
supposed give a bit of a hp boost aswell, and would make working in and around the carbs a hell of a lot easier.

OZWAZ, did you need to alter your jetting much after fitting the CPR ?
The orange does grow on you. You will not notice it at first..but it starts with a few innocent KTM stickers,.progresses to a KTM key ring, to KTM coffee mug and next thing you know, you have gone completely mad and start wearing orange tee shirts.It is a very bad infection..is this yeast infection (Bronx)
MudratinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #2195
Oldfatbeerman
Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer: 3,486
Quote:
I`ve been using the cpr setup for a while now and find it to be very good.Induction noise is bloody great.I have the red skin on it as well and it has such a large surface area it takes a long time to gunk up.For some reason though i am getting a bit extra heat under the seat, maybe due to air flow changes now the air box is gone.
More info is required to know what the verdict is ....

ie. is yours a 950 or 990 , and Adventure or SE , does yours have std pipe and muffler or aftermarket Mufflers or aftermarket full system and has it been dyno tuned ( or not ) or electronically tuned via a chip ?

We all have different set ups and hardware installed on our bikes so a full knowledge of a particular set up when weighing in on a product review is most helpfull to anybody wishing to take , or , not take your advice .
Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #2196
OZWAZ
In The Dust

Oddometer: 38
990R
SAS Engine octopus removed
Remus 2-1 Ti with standard headers
PC5 & AT300
CPR filter assy

OZWAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #2197
Gee1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
+1

I have this filter fitted and have had serious problems with dust entering the 'clean' side of the filter.
I am running oiled pre filter and have the octopus blocked and siastic aroung where the hose enters the air box.
I have since refitted the BMC filter with lots of grease all around the air box join.
My thoughts are the filter simply does not seal efficiently around the perimiter of the air box and am now considering if the paper filter would be the way to go??
Gee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #2198
Gee1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I`ve been using the cpr setup for a while now and find it to be very good.Induction noise is bloody great.I have the red skin on it as well and it has such a large surface area it takes a long time to gunk up.For some reason though i am getting a bit extra heat under the seat, maybe due to air flow changes now the air box is gone.

Been checking out this CPR system and it really looks the goods.
Has fitting the power tune been a major advantage. ie fuel use, power, smoother running etc
Old 12-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #2199
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1 View Post
I have this filter fitted and have had serious problems with dust entering the 'clean' side of the filter.
I am running oiled pre filter and have the octopus blocked and siastic aroung where the hose enters the air box.
I have since refitted the BMC filter with lots of grease all around the air box join.
My thoughts are the filter simply does not seal efficiently around the perimiter of the air box and am now considering if the paper filter would be the way to go??
Are you using the correct model for you bike? There is a difference between 950 and 990.

I use a DNA and have not had any issues so far. Dries out fast as well when I drowned the bike.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #2200
Gee1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Chop View Post
Are you using the correct model for you bike? There is a difference between 950 and 990.

I use a DNA and have not had any issues so far. Dries out fast as well when I drowned the bike.

Yeah Chop, it is the right one. The last couple of rides I have done have been extra dusty so it has had a bit of pressure on it. I have had a look on the net and that CPR unit is worth investigation
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #2201
OZWAZ
In The Dust

Oddometer: 38
Yes Gee1 the tune system really made a diff.as i now have 2 maps on call and no more fuel is used unless i want it to and the whole bike runs so much better.On full noise, power map used, it is a cranky bastard but thats what its all about isn`t it? The local dyno tune agent just mucked me around and acted as if he was talking directly to the dyno god and said i would have to wait 6 weeks for a booking @ $570 for a map job . F that.
Tight work last week (Coast road Lions Den Hotel 2 Cairns) 199.4km = 9.8l of premium on econo mode
Wide open (Inland road Cairns 2 Rossville) 270 km = 26.2l of premium 40 deg.c ambient fun mode
OZWAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #2202
Gee1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes Gee1 the tune system really made a diff.as i now have 2 maps on call and no more fuel is used unless i want it to and the whole bike runs so much better.On full noise, power map used, it is a cranky bastard but thats what its all about isn`t it? The local dyno tune agent just mucked me around and acted as if he was talking directly to the dyno god and said i would have to wait 6 weeks for a booking @ $570 for a map job . F that.
Tight work last week (Coast road Lions Den Hotel 2 Cairns) 199.4km = 9.8l of premium on econo mode
Wide open (Inland road Cairns 2 Rossville) 270 km = 26.2l of premium 40 deg.c ambient fun mode

Thanks for the reply OZ. Reckon I'll be lookin into this setup
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #2203
Oldfatbeerman
Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer: 3,486
I would like to hear from someone who has done the conversion on a carbed bike............ re the jetting ?????

Trial and error is not my strong point .
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #2204
carmima
All Orange :-)

Oddometer: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfatbeerman View Post

Always seemed that way when we rode together

How you going mate...it's been a while. Was looking forward to catching up at Moonan but the guys I was riding with were a little soft!!

carmima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #2205
MudratinOz
Adventurer in training

Oddometer: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfatbeerman View Post
I would like to hear from someone who has done the conversion on a carbed bike............ re the jetting ?????

bit of info here Al, but you need to filter out the garbage

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786119

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824262

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781887
The orange does grow on you. You will not notice it at first..but it starts with a few innocent KTM stickers,.progresses to a KTM key ring, to KTM coffee mug and next thing you know, you have gone completely mad and start wearing orange tee shirts.It is a very bad infection..is this yeast infection (Bronx)
MudratinOz is offline   Reply With Quote