ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti27
I could have used a riding partner on Sat. My Husky lost spark 15 miles from the cabin, south of Mt. Pleasant. Some good ole boy campers saved me from a long walk home.
Damn, Gary! It happened again?! You better figure out what's going on!

Chuck and I were up in the Montebello area on Sunday with Michhub and JaySee. We saw that 525 rider with the street tires and a couple of Deputys (!!!). They were hanging out at Shoe Creek .
pplassm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #17
yeti27
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm
Damn, Gary! It happened again?! You better figure out what's going on!

Chuck and I were up in the Montebello area on Sunday with Michhub and JaySee. We saw that 525 rider with the street tires and a couple of Deputys (!!!). They were hanging out at Shoe Creek .
I found the loose wire on the coil in my well lit garage tonight. I replaced the radiator hoses, so I must have knocked this wire loose. Good lesson learned.

I'm heading up to Montebello this weekend if anyone's up for a ride.
yeti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #18
vagt6
Bit the Bullet

Oddometer: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG
VaKTM - Iszat you I have seen go by my house on Yorktown Dr. a few times? If you know of some good D/S riding around Madison do tell and/or show - Ruth something road is one I vaugely know. Some others I know better are around Sherando and Montabello. Lemme know if you wanna go.

SRG
You're right down the street from me. I'm on Meadowbrook Hts. Rd.

Small world, it is.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #19
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagt6
You're right down the street from me. I'm on Meadowbrook Hts. Rd.

Small world, it is.
Back in '74 I rented a basement apartment on Yorktown. Does that count?

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #20
Johnny-Five
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 53
I'm by Ruckersville, rockin' the TW
Johnny-Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #21
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagt6
..I'm on Meadowbrook Hts. Rd...
I'm around the corner from you, almost, on Rio.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
Briant3113
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I'm just west of C'ville. If anyone have patience to show a young noob how to ride dirt. or just point me to some dirt and i'll go see if i cant kill myself.
Briant3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #23
mtnflow
LFC, more pie please

Oddometer: 2,209
I haven't DS'ed in nelson county much. I was looking at google maps and can't find the "shoe creek" road people are speeking of. I'm going over 56 from rt11 thursday morning to explore. There is an irish creek road and painter road I'll be looking for, where is shoe creek in relation to those. Help a brotha out. Every one is welcome to ride along if they'd like, I may go friday too.
mtnflow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #24
SST
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
I'm in Earlysville.
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #25
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnflow
I haven't DS'ed in nelson county much. I was looking at google maps and can't find the "shoe creek" road people are speeking of. I'm going over 56 from rt11 thursday morning to explore. There is an irish creek road and painter road I'll be looking for, where is shoe creek in relation to those. Help a brotha out. Every one is welcome to ride along if they'd like, I may go friday too.
Entrance here:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=37.....12192&zoom=18

I believe it's route 826 (?). Follow Meadows lane up the hill, past Crabtree Falls Trail and the AT. Keep going. It gets rough from there.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
Va KTM'r OP
2many places 2little time

Oddometer: 10
Laugh Coooooollllll!

We'll have to get together sometime. I know the back roads around Orange, Madison, and Culpeper pretty well, Albemarle and Spotsy OK. There's a cool place in Madison known as Devil's Ditch. There used to be an old cabin (really old) and some mountain side pastures. There's a water fall up there. If I remember right it's where the Rapidan starts. The last time I was there was about 18 yrs ago. You can find it on a trail/road from Graves Mill to Kinderhook . There were a few good water crossings that I could make on a dirt bike or in a Toyota that were across the Conway River. Blakey Ridge Fire Road was always a fun run!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #27
youthenrage
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Richmond city here, me and a friend roll through forest hill dirt bike trails once in a while, we're trying to go out farther, with more people too.
youthenrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #28
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va KTM'r
We'll have to get together sometime. I know the back roads around Orange, Madison, and Culpeper pretty well, Albemarle and Spotsy OK. There's a cool place in Madison known as Devil's Ditch. There used to be an old cabin (really old) and some mountain side pastures. There's a water fall up there. If I remember right it's where the Rapidan starts. The last time I was there was about 18 yrs ago. You can find it on a trail/road from Graves Mill to Kinderhook . There were a few good water crossings that I could make on a dirt bike or in a Toyota that were across the Conway River. Blakey Ridge Fire Road was always a fun run!
18 years ago was before the 1995 floods wiped out the access from Kinderhook to Graves Mill. It wasn't rebuilt. Same for a couple of other places up there, Sugar Hollow in Albemarle above the reservoir, etc.
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #29
delt1ks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Nelson County is just a ways south of me, not far. I'm not familiar with the area around Montebello. Pm me on any given weekend and perhaps we can hook up.

Might be interested in a Tech day as well. I have no knowledge of these things. For me, it would be more observation.

Also would like to explore Shoe Creek, everyone speaks of. What tires would I need? I have dirt and motard. Is there a place in Nelson County to unload the bikes and ride up to Grabtree falls and then the shoe creek area abit. My bike only holds 3.5 gallons so roughly 90-100 miles and she's empty.

delt1ks screwed with this post 06-25-2008 at 08:17 AM
delt1ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #30
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Umm. I'm thinking DIRT!!!!!

What bike are you riding? (nothing in profile)