ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #16
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,588
This isn't real close, but there are some nice Forest Service or old logging roads and jeep roads and such up above Lake Cushman past Hoodsport.

jon
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #17
BenDiesel
uBer n00b

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg_enD
Capitol Forest for the win! It's just a bit west of Tumwater, depending on where exactly you live. 80,000 acres of trees, half of which is ok for motorized traffic. Also plenty of logging roads. Check it out online, there are a few maps. The only caution is that it can be hell after too much rain as it's clay and gets VERY slippery. Not muddy, more like a wet sheet of steel.
-Mike
you thik its bad in the rain? try it in the snow

BenDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #18
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Old Tacoma Airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughatmyvanagon111
Yeah, that may be an idea. Are you referring to the old Tacoma airport off of 56th Street? I've brought my XT down there before and it is pretty cool. Just watch out for the dumped garbage and things. Otherwise its kind of like a rough MX track out in the middle of the city>
First, didn't know it used to be an airport. Cool!

Second, where did you enter? I've been a little worried about riding back there since it looks like private property and I didn't want to get caught or something (it's a little difficult to hide a GS bike =)

Third, where did/do you enter that area? I'm totally game to go out there some weekend if anyone's interested (with a smaller bike, though =)

--Ranjan
intr1gue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #19
slagathor
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by intr1gue View Post
First, didn't know it used to be an airport. Cool!

Second, where did you enter? I've been a little worried about riding back there since it looks like private property and I didn't want to get caught or something (it's a little difficult to hide a GS bike =)

Third, where did/do you enter that area? I'm totally game to go out there some weekend if anyone's interested (with a smaller bike, though =)

--Ranjan

resurrecting this. Did you ever find more good places to go around here? I'm going down to capitol forest today, but for the future I'm particularly interested in the old airport there. I'm gonna scout that out tomorrow.
slagathor is offline   Reply With Quote