Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #46
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Oddometer: 437
THis will work with a Corbin wont it. With that little flap where the backrest goes its tight stock just wanting to make sure that it will fit with this on there.

RR

The worst of all fears is the fear of living.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe.
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #47
GrauTier OP
Unmitigated nOOb

Oddometer: 180
I don't know for sure...

if it will fit when using a Corbin seat with a passenger backrest. If you look at the picture in post #2 (page #1 of this thread) it appears there is plenty of room. However you have to factor in that my rack is raised around 3/8" due to the Jesse saddlebag mounts being under it.

If I can see what you're talking about maybe I can give you a more informed answer. Can you take a picture of the rear of your seat (when it is mounted) and post it here?
GrauTier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:44 AM   #48
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,391
questions on the large rack..

Does the rack seem to block the tail light? I am a little concerned of cagers in trucks seeing my tail light.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:39 AM   #49
GrauTier OP
Unmitigated nOOb

Talking Not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR
Does the rack seem to block the tail light? I am a little concerned of cagers in trucks seeing my tail light.
I appreciate your concern, but I've been running the regular size for years and it doesn't block the taillight. I think what helps this is the extensions (regular or large) do not sit level but actually slope slightly up and to the rear. This gives the taillight much more visibility than you would think.

Look at Eakins post #45 to see what I mean.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #50
frank walsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
rack

PM sent
Old 03-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #51
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Are you still in business? I'm gonna need that rack to mount spare TKC80 on my trip on TAT this April. I was thinking using some kinda rack, tie a tire, throw sleeping bag in the cavity and strap bag and tent and such on top. Do you think I'm gonna need a larger vergion? I'm traveling solo and part of the passenger sit can be utilized.

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #52
GrauTier OP
Unmitigated nOOb

Yes, Still in business.

Sounds like you have an excellent trip planned Voluhzia. I can offer a few suggestions, but in the end you'll have to figure out your needs.

Heavy items down low and forward. Light weight items higher on the bike. The factory rack is only rated for 20lbs, and weight that far back (and high) on the bike affects handling. Please don't over do it.

A tire is heavy so it would be a good idea to slide it as far forward as possible. The question is "how much will you need to move around on the bike" while riding the TAT?

I could be a bad thing if the tire locks you too far forward. I'm sure there is a decent compromise that you'll find.

Note that I have plenty of regular extensions but only a few of the large version on hand at this time.

PM me for payment details.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #53
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Thanks, GrauTier,

I did not have any weight distribution problem last year, well, this year I'll leave tail bag, couch and sink home

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrauTier
Sounds like you have an excellent trip planned Voluhzia. I can offer a few suggestions, but in the end you'll have to figure out your needs.

Heavy items down low and forward. Light weight items higher on the bike. The factory rack is only rated for 20lbs, and weight that far back (and high) on the bike affects handling. Please don't over do it.

A tire is heavy so it would be a good idea to slide it as far forward as possible. The question is "how much will you need to move around on the bike" while riding the TAT?

I could be a bad thing if the tire locks you too far forward. I'm sure there is a decent compromise that you'll find.

Note that I have plenty of regular extensions but only a few of the large version on hand at this time.

PM me for payment details.

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #54
inspector54
Just Looking............

Oddometer: 46
Is that a moving van , nice packing..
inspector54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #55
frank walsh
Adventurer

Got the rack yesterday, Wednesday, and put it on. Took about 1/2 hour. I did read the instructions but after I installed it. The instructions call for two rubber washers on top of the stock rack, I put one on top and one below. I also didn't remove the stock rack, I just loosened the bolts since I have a Givi side rack mouted and didn't want to screw with the alinement. Anyway other than the washer screw up it was a seamless install and a great looking product. I'll take some pics after I finish wiring the bike.
Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #56
GrauTier OP
Unmitigated nOOb

Thumb

Nice packing indeed!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #57
frank walsh
Adventurer

rack

Reinstalled the rack this afternoon with both rubber washers ON TOP of the stock rack and there is a difference. With one washer on top the racks did touch as I was told. Redid everything and now I can see daylight between the racks. Thanks for the info. Pics on the way as soon as I hide all my wiring and put all the plastic back on.
Frank
Old 03-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #58
tomstrommer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Pm sent for original rack!

PM sent
tomstrommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #59
frank walsh
Adventurer

rack pics

Grautier:
Here's a couple a shots of the rack mounted. I did hang a 16 led aux brake light under it and hooked it to a modulator and I believe I will have to extend the turn signals when i have the rev pack on the back.
Attached Images

frank walsh screwed with this post 04-05-2010 at 04:58 AM
frank walsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #60
frank walsh
Adventurer

rack pic

Here's another
Attached Images