ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #1306
c.vestal
Rally On
 
c.vestal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: COS
Oddometer: 4,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky:) View Post
do you mean wearing cameras?

replay xd1080 look really small :)
they could be set up as web cams though... but good catch, thanks
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #1307
c.vestal
Rally On
 
c.vestal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: COS
Oddometer: 4,841
Downloaded the Android app that works for the Contour + and Contour GPS.

Now I just need one of those models.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #1308
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:
 
veetwo _tls's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: FNQLD innisfail/SOUTH OZ murray bridge
Oddometer: 1,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
Downloaded the Android app that works for the Contour + and Contour GPS.

Now I just need one of those models.
reports on that App don't sound good
crashes phone , jerky view & difficulty to get operating.

__________________
Sent from my HTC ONE X - Using Rooted S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon pack
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE
CHEERS: brett
MY07 950 SER
veetwo _tls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #1309
htdub
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 39
My gopro windsock DIY


htdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #1310
rizzer
no longer bikeless
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: finally back in Jakarta :)
Oddometer: 56
hey fellas!
anyone tried the veho muvi HD10 yet?
I'm tempted to get one as it is the cheapest 1080 action cam available...but in overall performance, can someone give a bit of a review?
rizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #1311
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzer View Post
hey fellas!
anyone tried the veho muvi HD10 yet?
I'm tempted to get one as it is the cheapest 1080 action cam available...but in overall performance, can someone give a bit of a review?

Here's some reviews, looks so so
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #1312
rizzer
no longer bikeless
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: finally back in Jakarta :)
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Here's some reviews, looks so so
hmmm...yea seems like it...was wondering if anyone here had experience first hand.

anyone ever built a chest mount or handlebar mount for a conventional HD cam?
I was thinking that something like a toshiba camileo wb10 or a samsung w200 (which are waterproof and inexpensive HD cams) would do a pretty good job as an action cam.




their performance reviews are pretty good, and the samples on youtube are impressive as well.
rizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #1313
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,651
Go Pro

Get the Gopro, those other cams will be history the first time they take a branch hit or you pound them into the ground.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzer View Post
hmmm...yea seems like it...was wondering if anyone here had experience first hand.

anyone ever built a chest mount or handlebar mount for a conventional HD cam?
I was thinking that something like a toshiba camileo wb10 or a samsung w200 (which are waterproof and inexpensive HD cams) would do a pretty good job as an action cam.




their performance reviews are pretty good, and the samples on youtube are impressive as well.
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #1314
rizzer
no longer bikeless
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: finally back in Jakarta :)
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Get the Gopro, those other cams will be history the first time they take a branch hit or you pound them into the ground.
good point...but just for the sake of the argument (hehehe...) these two can survive a 6-10 foot drop according to their manufacturer. and at 1/2 the price of a gopro hd, maybe it's worth to consider...just sayin
rizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #1315
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzer View Post
these two can survive a 6-10 foot drop according to their manufacturer.
Into snow maybe...
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #1316
rizzer
no longer bikeless
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: finally back in Jakarta :)
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Into snow maybe...
I stand corrected

just looked into them again and they're ONLY 6.5 feet drop proof. maybe a bit more in the snow
rizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #1317
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,651
Drop Proof

Not sure how high the GoPro can take but when I had it on my helmet and I fell and my head slid along the dirt on the side the GoPro was on until the picture was dark (camera was under ground) might have been only 5 vertical feet though. Camera was fine! Also I'm still amazed at the quality this camera cranks out, replaceable batteries are a big plus as well. For a day ride I need 4 batts and a 32 gig card.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzer View Post
good point...but just for the sake of the argument (hehehe...) these two can survive a 6-10 foot drop according to their manufacturer. and at 1/2 the price of a gopro hd, maybe it's worth to consider...just sayin
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #1318
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Not sure how high the GoPro can take but when I had it on my helmet and I fell and my head slid along the dirt on the side the GoPro was on until the picture was dark (camera was under ground) might have been only 5 vertical feet though.
My dirt bike spit me off a few months ago, the fall was hard enough to break my hand in 2 places

The GP was mounted to the side of the helmet which took a hard hit as my head bounced few times. It folded the GP mount/camera backwards but otherwise it survived fine!

SloMo Crash Vid
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #1319
Kaneto
Adventurer
 
Kaneto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Not sure how high the GoPro can take but when I had it on my helmet and I fell and my head slid along the dirt on the side the GoPro was on until the picture was dark (camera was under ground) might have been only 5 vertical feet though. Camera was fine! Also I'm still amazed at the quality this camera cranks out, replaceable batteries are a big plus as well. For a day ride I need 4 batts and a 32 gig card.
There are a few vids on youtube where skydivers have dropped their GoPros from 3000ft + and the camera survived and continued recording after it had hit the ground. Two videos I found showed the camera landing in a grassy field and one in water. If they landed on concrete they probably wouldn't fare so well. Still, it shows that the GoPro is a pretty tough little camera.
Kaneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #1320
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneto View Post
There are a few vids on youtube where skydivers have dropped their GoPros from 3000ft + and the camera survived and continued recording after it had hit the ground. Two videos I found showed the camera landing in a grassy field and one in water. If they landed on concrete they probably wouldn't fare so well. Still, it shows that the GoPro is a pretty tough little camera.
And yet mine fogged up yesterday, rendering the days footage useless.

Some anti-fog inserts are on the way...


Rugged but easily bought to it's knees.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014