User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #151
Scott Davis
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 657
That was Selmer TN!

:) Hope you are doing well? We are trying to work ourselfs crazy! Maybe I will get fired and go for a long ride soon? :")

Scott
Scott Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #152
advshawn
n00b

Oddometer: 2
i'm starting the TAT in 09' Not 100% sure when but getting my xr650 ready bit by bit. I will probably do the eastern part, Tenn- oklohoma during long weekends. I live in Nashville so this shouldnt be a big problem. I sent the check to sam 2 days ago for the maps for tenn - ok. My work is slower in the winter so my goal is to be to oklahoma by may1st. Its all weather dependant. Tennessee gets some pretty nice weather even in jan and feb... so on a nice weekend when I get an itch i'll probably take a friday off and head out thursday night. I'd like to complete the second half in the summer of even early fall (during the colors) and will probably take a week's vacation.. maybe 1 1/2... hoefully I can get it done in that time.. i'm still getting the bike ready and have so much prep to do. I just bought a really nice rack from TCI- Turbo city inc, still need my panniers, gas tank etc.

-shawn
advshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #153
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,649
Seeing the fall colors on the mountain passes will be hard as most of them are already snowed in by then. The window for the passes is late June through mid September.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #154
boniface57 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
After Glow

Scott,

The after glow from that trip lasted awhile. What a time! I hope Bill is ok, and that the Mrs. is doing well in school and at work. I know they're working you hard, but its nice to know that there's plenty for you to do in this economy.

I plan on doing that early June sidecar rally I e-mailed you about awhile back, and then I'll be sitting around with time on my hands. I'll probably take a tent this time so as to save money. Those motels were expensive, when it was all totaled up.

I know its a long way off, but I wonder if you've had time to consider what riding you all might be interested in this coming July or August or later. You may recall that guy I told you about who is willing to take us on about a 3 day ride in the Rockies. He and Bill would probably hit it off, with both of them being in their 70s. I also remember that you were interested in maybe doing the Continental Divide. I don't think I'm ready yet for Alaska, but maybe in 2010.

Bye for now.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #155
Scott Davis
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 657
Hiya Ed! Guess you are getting snow now? That should be fun to ride in with the rig!! :)

We are still considering all options for next years trips. I really would like to ride the continnental divide, but looking at the distance, I don't know If we could get it all done in one trip. Possibly we should consider doing 1/2 from say Denver to Mex this year and CA Border to Denver the next year? I need to get the maps and check it all out. I have read some good ride reports on here.

I am still open to good ideas!! :)

SD
Scott Davis is offline   Reply With Quote