Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
kamanya OP
Andrew to most

Oddometer: 1,284
Unless you put a pressure tester in the line, (special connector to the front tensioner hole), you can't know what the pressures are.
They should be; min. 0.8 bar at 1500 rpm.
min. 2.4 bar - max. 3.5 bar at 6000 rpm.

I've found that different oils do make the engine sound different, so before you tear into it, drain your oil, check to see there is nothing on the sump plugs magnets and then try going to the thicker oil and see.

But other than that, I don't have much more.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #32
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Thanks again Kamaya. I have rechecked again my cam timing, valve clearance and bridge bolt torque. Guess I'll change the oil and see what is sounds like. I haven't yet pulled the ignition cover to see that end of the balance shaft. Anything there to be checked??
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #33
kamanya OP
Andrew to most

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Thanks again Kamaya. I have rechecked again my cam timing, valve clearance and bridge bolt torque. Guess I'll change the oil and see what is sounds like. I haven't yet pulled the ignition cover to see that end of the balance shaft. Anything there to be checked??

The only thing on that side is the balance shaft seal in the cover. It has been found to play a crucial role in the amount of oil that makes it into the breather pipe and subsequently overboard through your front carb. This however has a marginal effect on oil pressure and I don't think has anything to do with your symptoms.

The cover can be a bit of a pain as there are big magnetic forces, tight frames space and delecate cover gasket. A trick, I learnt on here I think, is putting a few zipties through the covers' bolt holes and into the corresponding case holes to act as guides and keep the gasket in place whilst mounting.