ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #106
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,540
hey, which brings up a question.

is there a time limit on the "next" tag?? I almost sat on my last grab due to a upcoming trip north I was going to set it in NOVA.

any suggestions on a time limit?? 2 days?? 5 days?

I'm thinking 3 days max

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #107
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
hey, which brings up a question.

is there a time limit on the "next" tag?? I almost sat on my last grab due to a upcoming trip north I was going to set it in NOVA.

any suggestions on a time limit?? 2 days?? 5 days?

I'm thinking 3 days max
The new tag should be posted asap. Nobody gets to play until the new tag is posted.

Under certain circumstances, hurricane, blizzard, shit happens, a delay is inevitable. And I agree with you on a 3 day absolute maximum, but please make sure the delay is unavoidable.

The game is about riding. If you don't have much time in the days after you get a tag, well too bad. It's a game of tag. The game doesn't stop because your schedule is full. Find something down the street and pass the privilege on. Other people want to ride and play.

Most of us have jobs, so we've all got our limitations.

As the game goes on, it's likely that it will take several days for some tags to be found. If it's a week or more between tags with lots of folks taking the maximum time, the game gets boring.

If you've got a really great place in mind, but you can't get there until Saturday, and it's only Tuesday, too bad. Get it back again and go for that awesome place later.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #108
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
The new tag should be posted asap. Nobody gets to play until the new tag is posted.

Under certain circumstances, hurricane, blizzard, shit happens, a delay is inevitable. And I agree with you on a 3 day absolute maximum, but please make sure the delay is unavoidable.

The game is about riding. If you don't have much time in the days after you get a tag, well too bad. It's a game of tag. The game doesn't stop because your schedule is full. Find something down the street and pass the privilege on. Other people want to ride and play.

As the game goes on, it's likely that it will take several days for some tags to be found. If it's a week or more between tags with lots of folks taking the maximum time, the game gets boring.

If you've got a really great place in mind, but you can't get there until Saturday, and it's only Tuesday, too bad. Get it back again and go for that awesome place later.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #109
meltonbmm
Kodesh2

Oddometer: 921
Overtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeslack
check's in the mail

No! My postman rifles the mail.
meltonbmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #110
meltonbmm
Kodesh2

Heads Up Charlottesville

New Tag will be posted Fri.6:45pm. You have the home court advantage. Use it!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #111
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro

I agree that it will be more fun if it stays "in motion". One thought is that the tags don't have to be "monumental". I would suggest that if someone gets a tag and then has trouble placing the next one (time, wx, whatever...), they can just keep it simple - better to let someone else pick it up quickly, than to sit on it.

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #112
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltonbmm
New Tag will be posted Fri.6:45pm. You have the home court advantage. Use it!

a Jefferson building?

Old 07-11-2008, 05:46 AM   #113
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeslack
I agree that it will be more fun if it stays "in motion". One thought is that the tags don't have to be "monumental". I would suggest that if someone gets a tag and then has trouble placing the next one (time, wx, whatever...), they can just keep it simple - better to let someone else pick it up quickly, than to sit on it.
Agreed. That's pretty much what I suggested in my post.

This is what happened with the Ohio guys. They started out doing mostly historic locales. It broadened out into tags as simple as rusted trucks beside a good road as well as the historic or very large and impressive buildings, and even mom and pop restaurants that serve really good pie or ice cream.

But, if folks know of a place with some cool history behind it, or can introduce other advriders to the local history that most people don't know, I hope people will do just that.

Retro screwed with this post 07-11-2008 at 06:16 AM
Old 07-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #114
chiba
elitist BMW snob

Oddometer: 1,177
6.45 p.m.!!!!

BUT I HAVE ALL DAY TODAY OFF!!!!!

Dammit... guess I'll mow the lawn instead.

--chiba

Iron Butt Magazine - not just for LDR!

- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #115
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,171
I'll be at a wedding this evening...
Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #116
meltonbmm
Kodesh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT
since we have figured out you hit it early in the am, you flew out 360

jeebus, I hope you took the long way home
You are a good sleuth. 360 both ways. Got a work for a living........"and promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep". (Do you recognize the quote?)
Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #117
meltonbmm
Kodesh2

Mow the Lawn Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba
6.45 p.m.!!!!

BUT I HAVE ALL DAY TODAY OFF!!!!!

Dammit... guess I'll mow the lawn instead.

--chiba
I gave you a time so you could plan your day. Be free at 6:45pm. You should be able to nab the tab before dark. (Hint: Skip all my poetic bull** and go right to the last line of the post. If you do the math and have a map, you will get to the right place.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #118
meltonbmm
Kodesh2

Ground Control........Over?

I assume 6:45pm I am cleared for take off. I appologize for the delay. You know that file photo rule is a difficult one. Had to get up real early. Woops! I broke the other rule...no whining!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #119
meltonbmm
Kodesh2

a Jefferson building?

Sorry, Freak. That would be to easy. Your on to me. I bet if I ask Gimmieslack which internet cafe serves the best coffee, I would find you there this evening. Give the home boys a chance if you want the game to spread across the Old Dominion!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #120
Retro OP
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltonbmm
I assume 6:45pm I am cleared for take off. I appologize for the delay. You know that file photo rule is a difficult one. Had to get up real early. Woops! I broke the other rule...no whining!
You're still good. You found it yesterday morning, and you are going to have a new tag up by evening. That's pretty good.

People would probably be calling for your scalp if you found it on a Friday morning and weren't going to post until Sunday night though.