User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #1
kbbj OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ktm 690 with EVO 2 tank problems

I have a 2012 ktm 690 with Rally Raid KTM 690 Enduro EVO 2 Auxiliary 9.5 Liter Tank Kit. When I open the evo tanks the main tank over flows the evo tanks until the main tank is out of fuel. I need to figure out how to stop the fuel from flowing from the main tank into the evo tanks.
kbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #2
Brokein2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
This is the "for sale" area of the forum.....you will get more answers by posting it in the "correct" area. (probably the THUMPERS area)

Welcome to Advrider...
'14 R1200GS
Brokein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #3
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbbj View Post
I have a 2012 ktm 690 with Rally Raid KTM 690 Enduro EVO 2 Auxiliary 9.5 Liter Tank Kit. When I open the evo tanks the main tank over flows the evo tanks until the main tank is out of fuel. I need to figure out how to stop the fuel from flowing from the main tank into the evo tanks.
The admins might move or nuke this post as it's in the wrong forum, but the easiest answer is to not fill the tanks so full. A better solution is to install a shut off valve between the stock and RR tanks. I've done this with by replacing the quick disconnect couplings they provided with a cheap plastic shut off from a local auto parts store. This has the added benefit of better fuel management. I keep it shut off and only open it (easily while riding) when the main tank hits reserve. Typically I stop for fuel - and a rest before really needing the fuel from the RR tanks, so when I refuel, I only do the stock tank. Makes life simpler. I actually think RR should ship the tanks this way.
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #4
DesertRatliff
Tinker Tinker Ride Ride

Oddometer: 759
Wrong place, but well documented in the right place: your tank venting is a-miss. Those little trick-looking orange breathers on your filler caps are not functioning properly-happens to all of them and reason to not run them. Run some 3mm hose to vent instead. You can read more about it here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=evo2