User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #1576
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,788
to big

OK, finally but how do i make it smaller do I do this at photobucket thanks.
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #1577
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBigEd
OK, back on topic.

Future upgrades I consider:
- back wheel replacing the drum brake (seems its gonna be expensive)
- rear suspension
- touring screen (is this really worth it?)

I have already:
- stainless brake hose
- handguards
- zorst
- indicators (very small but somehow legal)

Anything else worth thinking about?
Back wheel - not expensive. You need to get second generation 750 rear wheel and swingarm (if you do not want to do anyting). Easily available and cheap on German eBay.
Touring screen - not if you go 90+ mph

Worth thinking about
1. Front brake. Any stock DR800 brake setup is useless, even with braided hose. Or 320 disk with stock caliper, or do it full scale - good 4 piston caliper and larger disk. Of course if you do not have to drive on paved roads or in city it is not that critical.
2. Alu sump guard (or you have one already? can't remember)
3. KLX front end
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #1578
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausibatla
Thank you ppe172 for going to that trouble for me. It's greatly appreciated and I will check the site out. I had expected a few replies to be honest but it seems everyone is busy looking at photo's of each other and thinking of fancy names for a non existant club.
Cheers mate,
ausibatla.
Come on, check your PMs...Do not try to replace everything until you checked it as per workshop manual (as I said - PM waiting for you since yesterday)

What's the problem to get new stator? If German eBay shop says in description "will send to Europe" all you need is to write them and ask if they can send to Australia and that you will pay postage no questions asked.
http://cgi.ebay.de/DR-750-STATOR-DR-...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.de/Lichtmaschine-DR-...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.de/SUZUKI-DR-750-DR7...1%7C240%3A1318

Old 04-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #1579
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Good stuff here. Forgot to mention - have a '88 750 SR41B (I think).

I got whacked by the wind pretty hard doing 120km/h into the wind. Then again, I'm quite a target - can't miss me. I'll think about the screen, but to be honest had buffeting problems with a previous MRA screen.

Unfortunately, anything posted to SA will cost an arm and a leg and bits. The bigger, the mucha more you pay... However, I plan to mostly ride offroad although blacktop till I get there. Brakes is on my to do list, but money not here at the moment. I will keep on planning this one.

KLX frontend - not too common bike around here thus spares will be hard to get - almost as bad as DRBIG parts.

Sumpguard - I have the plastic one still. A friend with an 800 wanted to make a SS one but after a long trip where a VStrom with a SS bashplate rode with him, he recons the plastic one is better. Said the SS plate was a near write off due to stones kickeup by the frontwheel. his own plastic one had a little scuff mark on it and he clearly remembers several stones hitting it daily. They went on a 2500km trip all gravel road. So, I have a feeling I'll keep the plastic till it eventually drops off...

If you look at the list these bikes were pretty good ex-factory.
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #1580
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Thumb Private messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Come on, check your PMs...Do not try to replace everything until you checked it as per workshop manual (as I said - PM waiting for you since yesterday)

What's the problem to get new stator? If German eBay shop says in description "will send to Europe" all you need is to write them and ask if they can send to Australia and that you will pay postage no questions asked.
http://cgi.ebay.de/DR-750-STATOR-DR-...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.de/Lichtmaschine-DR-...1%7C240%3A1318

Thank you bluesman. I didn't know about the private message receipt setup until robmoto told me to get my finger out and where to check. So thank you for that reply and if you would still feel disposed to send me the info on testing the CDI I would appreciate it. My email is: ausibatla@tadaust.org.au
Thanks for the links but they are all the same site I have already visited. I don't have a problem with the stator. I've been led to believe it's the rotor and I found one on German ebay (the same site) with starter clutch attached but it's from a 1994 DR800 and the guy reckons it will fit and work well on my 1988 DR750 but I don't know shit from clay which was why I posted a new thread on the site asking advice about that. It had nothing to do with stators or CDI's. And I am already watching the CDI on the last site you put up just in case that is the problem. So I have been trying.
But for your private reply about the CDI and the above information I am gratefull and I thank you.
Cheers,
ausibatla

ausibatla screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 01:38 AM
ausibatla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #1581
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thank you bluesman. I didn't know about the private message receipt setup until robmoto told me to get my finger out and where to check. So thank you for that reply and if you would still feel disposed to send me the info on testing the CDI I would appreciate it. My email is: ausibatla@tadaust.org.au
Thanks for the links. I'll be sure to check them out but I'm pretty sure they're sites I have already visited. I don't have a problem with the stator. I've been led to believe it's the rotor and I found one on German ebay with starter clutch attached but it's from a 1994 DR800 and the guy reckons it will fit and work well on my 1988 DR750 but I don't know shit from clay which was why I posted a new thread on the site asking advice about that. It had nothing to do with stators or CDI's.
But for your private reply about the CDI and the above information I thank you gratefully.
Cheers,
ausibatla
Wow, problem with rotor???? That's something I honestly never seen before...as I said - I am electrically dumb :) but I really had no idea rotor can go wrong.
Still, I know place where to get rotor for 750 from. Wait, I'll find it an will post it here ;)
Old 04-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #1582
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Thought someone would be interested in seeing our DR market. Estonia is a litle country with 1.5 million people. BUT LOOK how much dr bigs we have for sale here. And also there are the ones that are NOT for sale, like mine.

If anyones interested, then 1 EUR = 15.65 EEK and Estonia is so litle that all of these bikes would be a two hour ride from my place.
It looks like it's been stolen from Malta:
http://www.mototehnika.ee/webcache_k...ehnika_ee.html

This one belongs to a friend of mine and I'm riding it this week to show it off to a potential buyer :(

This one is willing to trade it for a BMW or a TRACTOR

Your kinda bike, Ray!

Another one
morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #1583
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb picture size

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
You reckon the picture takes up a whole page. Shit, mate, you must be into minitures. I grabbed my microscope and still had trouble seeing you. If you're such a handsome bastard you should be enlarging the photo not shrinking it. Still, with help and after 4 days and near 24 hours a day you did finally get it up there. Now can we have something good to look at, like that 800 you're working on.
Cheers,
ausibatla
Old 04-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #1584
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Thank you ppe172 for going to that trouble for me. It's greatly appreciated and I will check the site out. I had expected a few replies to be honest but it seems everyone is busy looking at photo's of each other and thinking of fancy names for a non existant club.
Cheers mate,
ausibatla.
A little house keeping

As things transpire it seems people were helping and I seem to remember trying to help you previously, Ive not seen an apology yet for your comments, please don't expect help as a right, remember we also have needs which for some of us includes having a little fun so try to consider that also thanks

Also note to the best of my knowledge you the first one to drop the language tone, please try holding the flag for our end of the world up a bit Higher or I'm going to have to disown Aussies again

Interesting your comments about club This was originally coined and named by someone from a different site about us so it seems others Already thought it existed, and I get the impression most of the others are keen, but not wanting to force you into being involved, so if you wish I will remove your name from front page or put non member next to it

Please Pm, me if you have issue with any of that

MCmad screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 02:10 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #1585
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

Oddometer: 288
Wicked

Mate if you have bikes that look like that in Estonia.. Make room for me as i'm coming to get those bikes!! What a choice.. I'd have to get another garage.. Getting new tyres tomorrow so rego friday.. ride the weekend!! Cheers guys and as usual.. great info!
shannonr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #1586
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
OK, finally but how do i make it smaller do I do this at photobucket thanks.
Am looking forward to more pics did you Try as per front page
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=704 How to post pics on site

Dont foget guys theres a bit of helpful stuff there in the links also ( I know its more fun to ask here )
Old 04-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #1587
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb Posting photo's

Why must we go to photobucket to put a photo on our site. We are supposed to be able to post photos by clicking on the add attachments button in the options below the message window in the reply section. All we ever get is 'Upload error'. If it doesn't work perhaps ADVrider should be speaking to the people who designed the website and ask them if they can rectify the problem.
Cheers,
ausibatla
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 AM   #1588
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Why must we go to photobucket to put a photo on our site. We are supposed to be able to post photos by clicking on the add attachments button in the options below the message window in the reply section. All we ever get is 'Upload error'. If it doesn't work perhaps ADVrider should be speaking to the people who designed the website and ask them if they can rectify the problem.
Cheers,
ausibatla
It used to work that way, but you get used to using photo bucket after a while and It gives you more control once you get the hang of it, you'll also note I put photo bucket on my signature for easy assess when posting and if you you use high speed upload you can load quite a few pics to be close at hand when you need
Eg
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #1589
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonr73
Mate if you have bikes that look like that in Estonia.. Make room for me as i'm coming to get those bikes!! What a choice.. I'd have to get another garage.. Getting new tyres tomorrow so rego friday.. ride the weekend!! Cheers guys and as usual.. great info!
Amazing! I could go live there...
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:34 AM   #1590
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Pissed Not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
A little house keeping

As things transpire it seems people were helping and I seem to remember trying to help you previously, Ive not seen an apology yet for your comments, please don't expect help as a right, remember we also have needs which for some of us includes having a little fun so try to consider that also thanks

Also note to the best of my knowledge you the first one to drop the language tone, please try holding the flag for our end of the world up a bit Higher or I'm going to have to disown Aussies again

Interesting your comments about club This was originally coined and named by someone from a different site about us so it seems others Already thought it existed, and I get the impression most of the others are keen, but not wanting to force you into being involved, so if you wish I will remove your name from front page or put non member next to it

Please Pm, me if you have issue with any of that
OK 800rider, go ahead and disown me if that's your attitude. Never mind the pm's, be up front mate. It's a world wide website. As a club where are you going hold your weekly/monthly meetings and your AGM. I'm all for fun but it's really a site for 750/800 owners to help each other. I don't know what language you're alluding to but if I said anything inappropriate then it would have been in fun. Learn to read between the lines and not be so literal. But as I said at the start, if you want to take my name off and drum me out of the service then do it. I've got a life to live and I certainly won't be castized by the likes of you. And if you think I haven't thanked you, check page 94.
ausibatla

ausibatla screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 03:02 AM