Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 AM   #1591
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBigEd

Oh, and this is me on the day my first bike in 12 years arrived. I already turfed up some of the lawn across the road... Didn't even have a helmet yet. The old one shrunk somehow
Ed love this pic , but isnt smoking bad for you and If you have got one In a dress that would be better
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #1592
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

Oddometer: 288
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...ycrossbars.jpg http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/DSC00517.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/DSC00519.jpg
Just some pics after a quick clean and new screen and bars.. Very Nice..
shannonr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #1593
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausibatla
Why must we go to photobucket to put a photo on our site. We are supposed to be able to post photos by clicking on the add attachments button in the options below the message window in the reply section. All we ever get is 'Upload error'. If it doesn't work perhaps ADVrider should be speaking to the people who designed the website and ask them if they can rectify the problem.
Cheers,
ausibatla
I think it's to save space, in fact, must be the reason. This is a huge forum and it'll eat storage like a starving T-rex. If your photos are on Imageshack or photobucket its merely displayed here, not stored here. Hence saving space.

I know it's a bear to deal with, but as 800 says, once you get the hang of it its ok.

I'm also waiting on more pictures.
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:49 AM   #1594
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausibatla
OK 800rider, go ahead and disown me if that's your attitude.na cant we live to close Never mind the pm's,ha I keep thinking of that dirty washing saying be up front mate.and I wasnt It's a world wide website. As a club where are you going hold your weekly/monthly meetings and your AGM.right here as we are right now I'm all for fun but it's really a site for 750/800 owners to help each other.Did you notice who started this thread I don't know what language you're alluding to but if I said anything inappropriate then it would have been in fun I'm a prude and hate bad attitudes and language its a fault I have. Learn to read between the lines and not be so literal.Vis But as I said at the start, if you want to take my name off and drum me out of the service then do it.na i offered to take it out if you didn't want to be a part off the club but you are most welcome to be here I've got a life to live and I certainly won't be castized by you.ohh that doesnt beer thinking about
ausibatla
It would appear the great Ausi NZ battle continues we always say its friendly but neither country likes to lose to each other ( just a bit of sporting history for you all )

MCmad screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 03:13 AM
Old 04-15-2009, 02:49 AM   #1595
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,198
Now what you;ve done! I will have to resist serious urge to make different sump guard Ricky Cross style!!!
I never saw one close up on DR, only on ATs and S10...and I love it, just love it. It definitely lighter than one I made and it really let's engine breath.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #1596
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

just testing if this is right.. Cheers
Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #1597
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonr73
Just some pics after a quick clean and new screen and bars.. Very Nice..
Nice! Is that the Ricky Cross crashbars? Dig the spots Looks the bees knees.

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #1598
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

My bike has full ricky cross sump guard, front bars with lights and luggage bars all genuine so I am pretty happy.. now just need a new seat and ...klx front.. rear disk.. Oh here goes the national debt!!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 AM   #1599
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBigEd
I think it's to save space, in fact, must be the reason. This is a huge forum and it'll eat storage like a starving T-rex. If your photos are on Imageshack or photobucket its merely displayed here, not stored here. Hence saving space.

I know it's a bear to deal with, but as 800 says, once you get the hang of it its ok.

I'm also waiting on more pictures.
Thats what I thought the reason was also, It take a bit of experimenting with but its cool how when you upload pics you can choose size 15" gives you full screen,the picture shannon just posted would have been up loaded at 17'' I thunk
Playing now
http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...arblosBike.jpg down loaded on first drop box under picture, Email & IM
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...arblosBike.jpg, Second, Derect link
http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/tt119/800rider/?action=view&current=P1010515.jpg" target="_blank">[IMG] Third , HTML code
forth , IMG code

MCmad screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 03:07 AM
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #1600
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

Photobucket SOrry last one.. Just love this bike
Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #1601
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
It would appear the great Ausi NZ battle continues we always say its friendly but neither country likes to lose to each other ( just a bit of sporting history for you all )
Shall we chuck in a beef-munching South African? At least we won most of the cricket and some of the rugby

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
Old 04-15-2009, 03:15 AM   #1602
dashmoto
Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Arr uberthumper if your out there look what I just Bought, my very own ZXR 400 track bike ( see I do listen )
Since I didnt want to wreck my DR which is now my No 1 road tourer as Harley is being sold ( Im to young for it and the DR is better)
Now all I have to do is learn how to ride it, knee out and that kind of stuff
Haha good work. Knee (and toe, footpeg and nearly exhaust) down is fun...

I think the biggest shock to your system will probably be having to use at least double the rpm that you would on the BIG! Peak torque is at 12.5krpm on the ZXR.

I hope you enjoy it.
dashmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #1603
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:

just testing if this is right.. Cheers
Do you think ktm stole thier colours from us, BIGs indeed were ahaed of thier time, crash bars I know I should have some but down here in NZ they dont sell them at the local store,
Old 04-15-2009, 03:25 AM   #1604
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberthumper
Haha good work. Knee (and toe, footpeg and nearly exhaust) down is fun...

I think the biggest shock to your system will probably be having to use at least double the rpm that you would on the BIG! Peak torque is at 12.5krpm on the ZXR.

I hope you enjoy it.
Yep Ive got a lot to learn, am going to the fastest Road circuit in NZ on Saturday to start testing, our superbikes do 315kph on the back straight there so its straight in the deep end, though at a more moderate 200kph I would expect, I took bike out on road for a sneak ride and your right I couldn't believe how much it rev;d and it really howled with race pipe, Ill admit to being a little scared,
I was wondering How you cope with hoping from DR to ZXR their totally opposite looks from pics like you manage to
Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #1605
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
My bike has full ricky cross sump guard, front bars with lights and luggage bars all genuine so I am pretty happy.. now just need a new seat and ...klx front.. rear disk.. Oh here goes the national debt!!
Oi mate, tell you what seeing we thumped your mates in the cricket, how about I paint all them Ricky Cross stuff for you and keep it safe on my bike

Worth a try I guess

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973