Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 AM   #1606
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausibatla
OK 800rider, go ahead and disown me if that's your attitude. Never mind the pm's, be up front mate. It's a world wide website. As a club where are you going hold your weekly/monthly meetings and your AGM. I'm all for fun but it's really a site for 750/800 owners to help each other. I don't know what language you're alluding to but if I said anything inappropriate then it would have been in fun. Learn to read between the lines and not be so literal. But as I said at the start, if you want to take my name off and drum me out of the service then do it. I've got a life to live and I certainly won't be castized by the likes of you. And if you think I haven't thanked you, check page 94.
ausibatla
I think you need a hug

This thread would get pretty boring if it was just a 'How To' or technical info. The moderator of the new DRBig site has already said the he won't let that site just be about Help issues, as he's had 16 years of that at the Suzuki Owners Club.

We're still a community, whether that's internet based or out in meatspace, and I'm guessing a DRBig meet-up could well happen for some of us (eg. good chance I'll meet E2 at the w/e, and I've already made steps to have a camping and riding w/e here in the north of england).

ADV, broadly, wouldn't have the Inmates forum or much of Ride Reports without a sense of camaraderie and sharing. I've been enriched by the connections I've made on this site, both online and 'out there'.

800rider started this thread and feels a sense of ownership about it, which imho he's entitled to do. It's a Page 1 regular in Thumpers, and he's coaxed 50 DRBig riders to poke their noses in here. Not bad for a lone enthusiast.

Sometimes it's about what you put in, as well as what you take out.

Anyway, just to cheer you up, here's a photo of me with Charley Boorman

IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #1607
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBigEd
Shall we chuck in a beef-munching South African? At least we won most of the cricket and some of the rugby
My Church is full of South Africans they all talk funny and are tall but we like them as they know how to have a good laugh, O I think they might be stubborn to ??

Ray thanks for that, I appreciate the support and agree we need the human aspect, O and which one is Charley, watched the Africa journey that was cool
Nave and others also said nice things yesterday, Ta

Rob youre getting thier with those pics soon youl be a wiz

And on that note its Goodnight to all zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MCmad screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 05:01 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 AM   #1608
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,824
chrome frame

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/CIMG0621.jpg
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #1609
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Nice

What the shocker you have lying there?
IBA #40578

Old 04-15-2009, 05:08 AM   #1610
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBigEd
Oi mate, tell you what seeing we thumped your mates in the cricket, how about I paint all them Ricky Cross stuff for you and keep it safe on my bike

Worth a try I guess
Well Im sure your trustworthy.. I'll send you my keys and a short trip to australia and they are yours.. Feel the love..
shannonr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #1611
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

picture size

Hi again everyone, I was wondering the photo I just put up is it to small or to big on my computor it takes up about 2/3rds of the sceen can someone please tell me what they see am I doing it right the tips of my fingers are getting sore, thanks again, regards Rob.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #1612
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

shocker

Ray Rev, the shocker I think is the stock one and so is the spring it is black under the yellow which probably the standard soft version as the white version from memory is the stiffer some one can correct if Iam wrong and thanks for help about photos to Rob.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:40 AM   #1613
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

ktm triple clamp

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/CIMG0622.jpg
Old 04-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #1614
dashmoto
Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
I was wondering How you cope with hoping from DR to ZXR their totally opposite looks from pics like you manage to
Well...

I haven't actually ridden the ZXR since blowing it up last August, and I only bought the DR in December. I've got a trackday booked on May 8th and unless I seriously pull my finger out and get it through an MOT so I can ride it on the road before then that may be my first time back on the ZXR - talk about in at the deep end!

I rode my wife's GPZ500 (or EX500 or 500 Ninja depending where you live) for a few days last month, and it was a pretty big leap from the DR to the semi-sporty riding position of the GPZ, but after a couple of days commuting on it I was back into the swing of it. Other than those few days I've only ridden the DR since December.
dashmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #1615
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Quote:
Hi again everyone, I was wondering the photo I just put up is it to small or to big on my computor it takes up about 2/3rds of the sceen can someone please tell me what they see am I doing it right the tips of my fingers are getting sore, thanks again, regards Rob.
rob, separate the pic from the line of text, it will centre better.

(that's what I did when I quoted your frame pic, above).

Notice that you can Preview a post before submitting it, so you get an idea how the pic will look.
IBA #40578

Old 04-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #1616
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
OK, fellow DRers...now I need your help :) with one of my boring technical quests (800Rider, sorry about that)

I have started tuning front suspension yesterday (yep, WP Extreme forks and all stuff).
I have correct springs, but I have to get preload spacer to right lenght. Mr. Hessler gave me very good pointers, but I am having some issues with comparing how bike sits now vs. how it was.
Does anybody have SR43 DR with standard forks to measure 2 things:
1. Distance from front axle to lower yoke with no rider onboard? On sidestand is OK.
2. How much it sags with rider aboard? Would be good if rider will be not too big :) Like 85 kg? but even just info on point 1 will be good start.

Pleaaase?
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #1617
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
OK, fellow DRers...now I need your help :) with one of my boring technical quests (800Rider, sorry about that)

I have started tuning front suspension yesterday (yep, WP Extreme forks and all stuff).
I have correct springs, but I have to get preload spacer to right lenght. Mr. Hessler gave me very good pointers, but I am having some issues with comparing how bike sits now vs. how it was.
1. Distance from front axle to lower yoke with no rider onboard? On sidestand is OK.
2. How much it sags with rider aboard? Would be good if rider will be not too big :) Like 85 kg? but even just info on point 1 will be good start.

Pleaaase?
Oh that's not fair; you're supposed to know everything bluesman!!
IBA #40578

Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #1618
Letsgo21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman

Pleaaase?
Distance from center of the front axle to the lower yoke is 654mm.
Cant answer yre second question because mine is still on the worktable waiting for brakes an wheels, i guess i'll be able to measure that by this evening Oh, and i weigh about 75kgs, is that acurate enough? :-)
Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #1619
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Letsgo21, thank you ! That's what I need. Yes, 75 kg is OK Thank you!

Ray_rev, oh, shame on me I'll do my best to comply it's just my bike getting to that point where I can't even remember original state of it

We all learn something everyday
Since stock DR forks have no adjustments I never bothered measuring anything (not first time I do that mistake)
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #1620
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
If I were to see my ride like that I'd have to book in somewhere with padded walls Question, is the frame chromed, painted or naked fresh steel? Dummy asking remember...
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote