ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Thumb What was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
I'm happy it worked out

..............but............

WHAT WAS WRONG????....AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT? We need the cause to add to the collective database.

One of the diaphragms wasn't seated properly in the groove. It was a bit out of shape originally and I thought I had taken great care as I put the top back on. Obviously I hadn't. When you mentioned a hole in the diaphragm I decided to check it was seated properly and found it wasn't.
Thanks again mate.
Cheers,
ausibatla
ausibatla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #2282
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,725
Glad it was an easy fix.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #2283
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,603
Ray Rev there,s no flat spot with those twin carbies.
I have been very busy lately working on the bike when time permits and will be putting photos up soon I am waiting for more parts to arrive the main bit I want is the cylinder base gasket then the motor can go back in and the little dog or hamster can come back inside.
keep the photos comeing more girls, Rob.
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #2284
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Ray Rev there,s no flat spot with those twin carbies.
I have been very busy lately working on the bike when time permits and will be putting photos up soon I am waiting for more parts to arrive the main bit I want is the cylinder base gasket then the motor can go back in and the little dog or hamster can come back inside.
keep the photos comeing more girls, Rob.
How is little Hamster...?
And real girls please...
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #2285
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 15,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by nave
And real girls please...
Real? What are you suggesting?
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #2286
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by morse
I have BIG hopes for the LC8 Adventure. I have been thinking of buying a new bike after a few (2 or 3 or more) years. By that time I should have 150 K on the ODO of my Big.
I have tried some big gravel capable ADV bikes and I have been dissapointed in some ways: Caponord, V-Strom, even the GS 1200 weren't better than the big. I am hoping that either the LC8 or maybe BMW 800 would be a replacement for my current bike that would feel EVEN MORE right. I'm not looking for comfort, I'm looking for a sportish "heavy" bike that would be skinny and tall, to take for a months trip or a trip to the grocerystore.

I DO NOT have a very good self discipline, but I really believe that people should do all the crazy stuff on the track with machines that are used to crash a little. So when a bike does an "inattentional" little wheelie with a third gear, it's not a bad thing for me

So I'm doing an inquiry to the 800riders database of ADV bikes he has ridden: is there a real good bike I have not thought of... For example some Triumph or Cagiva...

I really really liked Ducati multistrada but I just need a bike that has some offroad capabilities, Like DR BIG for example . Even if I ride 80 percent tarmac.

All others can suggest also ofcourse. OH! And I think I'm not gonna sell the Big... I'm a collector... Haven't sold almost any of my bikes... Capitalistic Pig

Would prefer that you asked me an easy question like say "How the universe began", I will scratch my head and consider the meaning of Dual purpose life
Lets set some parameters

1 Budget
2 Purpose,
3 Relaibility, no Buell;s not sure about Ducati's either
4 Personal preferance
5 Practicality
6 Can I keep my Liscence and own this, eg no KTM 990SM's
7 Visual, eg no V storm's
8 Character, eg no stock Honda's

Sorry Morse Im no help really just as confussed as you Multistrada;s are sausy things but I will say one thing I wasnt confused yesterday on The DR man they grunt out of corners Loved every minute of the Ride and am starting to practice getting on the gas real early out of roundabouts getting close to sliding her on the way out now

MCmad screwed with this post 05-04-2009 at 02:55 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #2287
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by morse
I have BIG hopes for the LC8 Adventure. I have been thinking of buying a new bike after a few (2 or 3 or more) years. By that time I should have 150 K on the ODO of my Big.
I have tried some big gravel capable ADV bikes and I have been dissapointed in some ways: Caponord, V-Strom, even the GS 1200 weren't better than the big. I am hoping that either the LC8 or maybe BMW 800 would be a replacement for my current bike that would feel EVEN MORE right. I'm not looking for comfort, I'm looking for a sportish "heavy" bike that would be skinny and tall, to take for a months trip or a trip to the grocerystore.

I DO NOT have a very good self discipline, but I really believe that people should do all the crazy stuff on the track with machines that are used to crash a little. So when a bike does an "inattentional" little wheelie with a third gear, it's not a bad thing for me

So I'm doing an inquiry to the 800riders database of ADV bikes he has ridden: is there a real good bike I have not thought of... For example some Triumph or Cagiva...

I really really liked Ducati multistrada but I just need a bike that has some offroad capabilities, Like DR BIG for example . Even if I ride 80 percent tarmac.

All others can suggest also ofcourse. OH! And I think I'm not gonna sell the Big... I'm a collector... Haven't sold almost any of my bikes... Capitalistic Pig
I would go for an F800GS. It is sporty and fun, yet not too expensive and capable of some dirt. It also has great resale value, should you need the urge to change it.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 AM   #2288
nave
Nave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
Real? What are you suggesting?
you'r own pictures not from magazines or the web...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #2289
ztaj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
you'r own pictures not from magazines or the web...
Introducing............

Mrs ztaj

[IMG][/IMG]

and here she is without the helmet

[IMG][/IMG]
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #2290
MCmad OP
Banned

Morce, I am hoping that either the LC8 or maybe BMW 800
reply continued

LC8 are cool but the injection needs sorting as with the 990SM they are to abrupt on the thottle and wont hold constant unloaded speeds and hunt, I am told by dealers this can be tuned out, but many people preffer the 950 carbed bikes , though I think they lack low end, which the 990 doesnt seem to, ( 950s benifit from lower gearing or like to go faster to be in the power) 800 Bmw hmm personally something about them sends me to sleep though I bet there great bikes and the owners rave about them , Ride one and see, Multistrada the red Italian you could get agressive tires for it but it aant going to go in sand or mud and it may breakdown on the way;

see still no help
Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #2291
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj
Introducing............

Mrs ztaj

[IMG][/IMG]

and here she is without the helmet

[IMG][/IMG]
Difficult choice who has the coolest bike, but I must lean towards the BIG...
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:24 AM   #2292
nave
Nave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Morce, I am hoping that either the LC8 or maybe BMW 800
reply continued

LC8 are cool but the injection needs sorting as with the 990SM they are to abrupt on the thottle and wont hold constant unloaded speeds and hunt, I am told by dealers this can be tuned out, but many people preffer the 950 carbed bikes , though I think they lack low end, which the 990 doesnt seem to, ( 950s benifit from lower gearing or like to go faster to be in the power) 800 Bmw hmm personally something about them sends me to sleep though I bet there great bikes and the owners rave about them , Ride one and see, Multistrada the red Italian you could get agressive tires for it but it aant going to go in sand or mud and it may breakdown on the way;

see still no help
I wonder- what is the price for the BMWgs800 in your country (all over the world...)?
aooohhhh- keep them coming :)
Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 AM   #2293
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Lets set some parameters

1 Budget
2 Purpose,
3 Relaibility, no Buell;s not sure about Ducati's either
4 Personal preferance
5 Practicality
6 Can I keep my Liscence and own this, eg no KTM 990SM's
7 Visual, eg no V storm's
8 Character, eg no stock Honda's
1. Budget. Today I think maybe 5-6 K Euros... Maybe more. (prices from mobile.de) But who knows what is going to be in three years.
2. Purpose: A mostly tarmac rideout for like a month and daily commutes to work and such. And in some cases gravel and a little offroad (but I do have a "offroad sledge" for track also)
3.Relaibility: I don't mind mending and improveing things, but they HAVE TO ride themselves to the garage.

So far it seems as I'm speaking of the almighty Dr Big.

4. Personal preference. Assuming that it's not DR, I tend to fancy 950Adventure and the 800 beemer, I havent ridden either of them, but I REALLY like the seating position of the KTM.
5. Practicality... Is there such thing when talking about motorcycles? Maybe an ability to drive it economically (fuel-wise) would be a pro. But an enormously unpractical heard of horses in the engine wouldn't be bad.
6. As for keeping my license, this is a problem, but in my case I say that I would rather drive a Multistrada 90 km per hour than a 600 hornet. The bike has to feel GOOD in legal speeds, but it may go faster. In my oppinion for example the hornet starts to feel good from 120 km/h. OH! AND THE TUONO! OH MY GOD!!! This thing should be FORBIDDEN I have opened this monster's throttle valves all the way a few times.
7. Visual is secondary but my taste is the bikes with rough edges. Like DR, Beemer and KTM Lc8 Adventure in some way also...
8. A bike HAS to HAVE character. Period.

So it seems you guys could tell your oppinions:
Which is more suitable, the beemer or the katoom. (Beemer has only a "new" version and is therefor more expensive).
OR! Is there a holy grail I haven't discover yet.

Again I couldn't go to the KTM test day. I have to make friends with some cool bikes owners... Only cool bikes my friends has are either super - bikes or BIIIIG tourers (Pan-Europa, Gs1200) and neither isn't too cool.

morse screwed with this post 05-04-2009 at 03:39 AM
morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #2294
MCmad OP
Banned

Regards Girls, do they know they are being put on the meet market or are you boys being naughty and going behind there backs

Remember where you dinners come from before you do anything silly
Old 05-04-2009, 03:31 AM   #2295
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
I wonder- what is the price for the BMWgs800 in your country (all over the world...)?
From Germany to Estonia starting from 7000 Euro...
morse is offline   Reply With Quote