ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #4786
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,651
oooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Mousitass, pics please
Sorry for missing this out. Will take a couple and post them tomorrow.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #4787
juss
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanterman
Little fuse box ( 2x15 ) 1 is spare at back of battery box
i have a box with 4 fuses just behind the battery... sadly it misses the cover and the good vibes recently shaked the plastic off one of the fuses the metal part's still there and does its job, but i don't remember what color the bloomin' plastic was...


that's how the season looks like up here at the moment. it's getting dark.

Foto NAGI's: SDC11522

i modified the back fender a bit with a heater. originally it just is there - now it aso keeps some of the shit from boosting skywards. my tail lamp has been more visible since the mod, nunno about the licence plate.. ;)

Foto NAGI's: SDC11521


these pics are taken on tuesday a week ago, at 10.30.AM. it was still so little light i had to push the ISO up a lot to be able to take these photos, it's dark again at 5 PM. and it cuts off another two hours from both ends of the day, leaving us with about 5 hours of daylight before the new year.

it's not the cold and the slippery making it hard to commute in the winter - it's the lack of visibility, as it's just totally dark all the time, (my) bikes headlights tend to be totally crappy and so is the visor of the helmet in the winter ooze, so when you're heading towards oncoming traffic, you just see the lightshow... that (combined with the slippery) often makes one choose other means of transportation.

Foto NAGI's: SDC11512

i hate that shit buildup. and there's really no point in cleaning it, cause it's like that on the first minute i ride... i took my sons (2y and 3.5y) for a 10 minute ride on the fields and it was looking pretty much the same after that..

i'm going to build a soft mudguard there as soon as i have nothing else to do... has anybody already built something to avoid that?

***

there has been a tyre subject again - has anyone got some bad experiences with mitas E07?

***

ok, have to get some sleep now - me beloved wife just drifted away to WOrldMusicExpo in Denmark for a week, rendering me responsible for the boys to hit kindergarden on time... and that's NOT anything like chess, where one just has to fiddle with the figures. here i need to THINK.


cheers, juss

juss screwed with this post 10-27-2009 at 02:43 PM
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #4788
MonstaBlokaz
DR800 User
 
MonstaBlokaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Estonia, Tallinn
Oddometer: 78
What's that bottle on the left side ?
And I gotta say, that in my opinion this is one hell of an ugly DR
__________________
Suzuki DR 800s 1997
MonstaBlokaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #4789
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hoegaarden, Belgium
Oddometer: 3,144
That's TRUE DR at it's best! :)

At the end it is just DR with no plastic. Accept it people, DR is an tough offroad thumper first and beauty only second (or third? fifth?)!
I never painted plastic on mine. I let it self-destruct of age and use and then will replace it. I painted all metal thou.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #4790
juss
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaBlokaz
What's that bottle on the left side ?
And I gotta say, that in my opinion this is one hell of an ugly DR
thanks for the compliments, mate!

the bottle is a part of my semi-automatic chain oiler. works just like the Loobman system but doesn't cost nearly as much - took about 30 minutes.

cheers, juss
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #4791
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 842
Nice roads there Juss, thats the sort of stuff I like, nice and wide so if it does get out of shape there's plenty of time to get it back before it hurts
Still not to sure about the "look" of your bike though

E-07's will be going on my DR next, or E-09's. I have E-08's sitting in the shed for road trips, Pirelli MT21 are finished after 2500 k's

Just coming into summer here Long days, warm temps, and B-B-Q's
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 AM   #4792
Chanterman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 299
Juss, the 750 has a lower plastic mudguard and a little extra bit on the bottom. It goes down the wheel side of swing arm and keeps the suspension spring and linkages free from the wheel splash
There is a real amount of mush inthe back end . You can hose it down after your return home , I wouldn`t use a power wash though. The bearings in swinger and suspension links will suffer. I would strip and re grease every 3 - 4 months , swinger every 12 months. It`s not bad getting dirty as long as you can wash it off
O!, one of the fuses on mine the plastic (blue) bit is loose.
Chanterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:15 AM   #4793
Okta
rooky
 
Okta's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Was it old(er) guy with mustache? Name Gerke?
No, he was a Hungarian Teneré-guy...but he knows Gerke well...

:o)))))

You might find him on one of these pics (Hungarian Teneré meeting, Transylvania Trip): http://www.takacsek.hu/2009-07-23/

Some other Big related pics from this website:

http://www.takacsek.hu/2009-09-11/
http://www.takacsek.hu/2009-10-23/
__________________
Okta
www.drbig.hu
Okta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #4794
juss
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj
Nice roads there Juss, thats the sort of stuff I like, nice and wide so if it does get out of shape there's plenty of time to get it back before it hurts
yeah, there's a lot of roads like that up here. sadly - most of it belongs to somebody and the landlords tend to be far too jealous about all the beauty. there are lots of signs saying "PRIVATE PROPERTY!" and when you dare to pass one of these you place yourself in danger of their (over)reaction. people tell tales about shotgun blastst in the woods...

i kind of understand them too - we've had too much shit from strangers here through the centuries - cristian attack for 700 years, homicidal soviet occupation for another 50, now the newcapitalistic money rule BS - no wonder no one wants to see strangers on their property.
so we can't really blame the landowners. we're a proud nation with deep culture dating back thousands of years, our ancestry's been living up here on our own lands since forever... suspicious mind and unconfidence is the inevitable result of the constant abuse of the recent times.

**

anyway - removed the rear footpeg holders today - these tended to get in my way more than once in the short time i've had the bike. have no use for them anyhow, as i can never ride with my wife and i don't want anyone else sitting behind my back. much, much more comfortable to maintain the rear end too.

and now - the kids are sleeping - and let's hit the sauna!!



cheers, juss
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #4795
loaderdude
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 6
DR for sale

Just want to put some feelers out there and see if anyone is interested in a '93 DR800. I bought this almost 2 years ago and now my problem is I'm moving back to the states (I'm US military). Well, the euro spec bike is a bit of a hassle to import and I'm debating if it's worth it or if I can get a good price for it. I bought the bike in completely stock, very straight, very clean form. Currently has 36K original KM's. Since I've owned it I put on a Lazer slip on in Apr '09 and had the suspension rebuilt w/springs for my bodyweight (115 kilos). I also had all the stickers removed/plastic repainted with a gloss black. Also got a new choke cable. Sharp lookin' DR and a blast to ride, as ya'll very well know.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know much about the bike when I bought it and may have paid too much for it.... 2,250 euro. I just knew the moment I saw it that I loved it.... then I got on it and it fit like a glove! I'm almost 2 meters tall and I can't say that about too many bikes. Anyway, I'm asking 2.2K euro. Go ahead and tell me I'm smokin' crack if you think I'm asking too much, but I know what I paid and what I've since put into the bike. It's very clean and runs great. I'll take a fresh pic tomorrow and get it up here asap.... all I have right now are some older ones prior to the paint and slip-on.

Bike is located near Trier, Germany. It is currently registered with the US military, but I have all the previous information from being inspected with the German TUV and registered in GE. Still have the original exhaust too.
loaderdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #4796
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,830
Quote:
bike is a bit of a hassle to import and I'm debating if it's worth it
Loaderdude,

That is just about the ONLY way you can get a DR in the States.

YES ! It's worth it to import it.

I could almost make a comittment to buy from you (although I'd like to see photos first and get a rough idea of price).

I'm sure there would be at least 10 guys on ADVrider who'd line up to buy it.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #4797
loaderdude
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Loaderdude,

That is just about the ONLY way you can get a DR in the States.
YES ! It's worth it to import it.
And this is what's killin' me. I love the bike, I know it would be a blast to have in the states since it would be very unique there.... BUT... I've got some other (unfortunatley) more serious commitments goin' on right now and I simply need to at least consider selling. Movin' back to the states and we wanna buy a house.... This ain't my only bike, so at least I'll still be riding. But the fam has to come first now and then!
loaderdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #4798
Dino3310
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: waikato gravel and sand
Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaderdude
And this is what's killin' me. I love the bike, I know it would be a blast to have in the states since it would be very unique there.... BUT... I've got some other (unfortunatley) more serious commitments goin' on right now and I simply need to at least consider selling. Movin' back to the states and we wanna buy a house.... This ain't my only bike, so at least I'll still be riding. But the fam has to come first now and then!
never mind mate, like you say Family first and atleast your still riding.
they would be the 2 most important things in life and you got that covered
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #4799
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by juss
yeah, there's a lot of roads like that up here. sadly - most of it belongs to somebody and the landlords tend to be far too jealous about all the beauty. there are lots of signs saying "PRIVATE PROPERTY!" and when you dare to pass one of these you place yourself in danger of their (over)reaction. people tell tales about shotgun blastst in the woods...

i kind of understand them too - we've had too much shit from strangers here through the centuries - cristian attack for 700 years, homicidal soviet occupation for another 50, now the newcapitalistic money rule BS - no wonder no one wants to see strangers on their property.
so we can't really blame the landowners. we're a proud nation with deep culture dating back thousands of years, our ancestry's been living up here on our own lands since forever... suspicious mind and unconfidence is the inevitable result of the constant abuse of the recent times.

**

anyway - removed the rear footpeg holders today - these tended to get in my way more than once in the short time i've had the bike. have no use for them anyhow, as i can never ride with my wife and i don't want anyone else sitting behind my back. much, much more comfortable to maintain the rear end too.

and now - the kids are sleeping - and let's hit the sauna!!



cheers, juss
I hear what your saying about the "shit" from strangers, we're a small fairly new country so don't have the same issues as you, although we have a few foreigners buyin chunks of the country and putting up PRIVATE PROPERTY signs, aswell as some farms/forests where there has been problems. I realy hate them (the signs) and look at it as a challenge. It's a bit hard to ride quietly on the big though
Have a look here for some pics of an ADV ride we're going to in January
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519881
I would have been there last weekend but the Big's still in bits
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #4800
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Beaches.. Australia
Oddometer: 288
Hi guys.. Well I have to let go of one of my bikes and the DR is the one to go unfortunately.. I even just put my new PIVOTPEGS 2 on but thems the breaks.. Anyone who's interested it's there for the sale.. Anyone in Aussie land that wants it let me know as I will be running it on Ebay next week if not sold prior.. PM me if anyones interested.. Dissappointed but I am off on a huge ride on Friday next week and the Dr will be waiting for a new rider.
shannonr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014