Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #7396
Simon M
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Aussie get together

Hey robmoto,

Maybe Lloyd and I should drop in from WA at the same time. That would be 6 DR Bigs. Shiney new stuff is GOOOOOD! I'm waiting on my Wilbers shock and Hessler exhaust, (to og with all my other goodies) then the transformation can begin...

Watch this space!

Simon.
Simon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #7397
dizzel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Welcome Dizzel, the cam chain adjuster is spring loaded and is self adjusting, so it may have a brocken spring in it, stick a small blade screw driver in and see if you can feel any tension from memory clockwise should release the tension and it should spring back by itself.
Talking piston its to hard to make a disission over the internet maybe look for fractures on the inside or underside of the crown or take it to a mechanic to make a judgement.
I have a allmost brand new one here I can sell if needed may only 1000klm,s on it, A NEW one is about 450 bucks at the cheapest .
Thanks Robmoto
I felt no tension at all from the tensioner and also I had small metal (magnetic) pieces in the strainer. I'll check the guts of the filter today as well as pull the side covers to check for remnants.....
I've been out to your neck of the woods before! I went to the Bathhurst 1000 back in 97 when I was in Oz for a year travelling. Just love your country. I worked on a sheep station in south west Queensland past Quilpie.
I went to the F1 in Montreal with my bro and we got a thumbs up from Mark Webber when we gave him the old "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi" in the drivers parade. Not his day but a good race

I'll check the pistion today too.
Diz
dizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #7398
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,603
Aussi get together yep good idea I can think 7 / 750,s and 4 / 800,s but don,t know of any more there must be a few others that maybe don,t know about this forrum perhaps.
Where to meet at good question ummmm.
Simon so you like the bling as well the shinyer the better and a wilbers shock fully adjustable I hope but arn,t they like 15 hundred bucks, I think I will just get mine regased, I bought front and back springs from HRT and another set of pumpers for the orange 750 the motor I put back in tonight so frame and motor are the only parts done so far.
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #7399
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Dizzel small world A and yep not a bad place the old Bathurst,
I think HRT in germany sell a better spring for the tensioner.
And yes Mark Webber he is going a lot better this year and about time too .
Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #7400
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamoto
Tantrum.

There must be half a dozen Moto'd DR's here. Say hello to Daisy.

Loads of pictures on this forum, just 493 pages for you to wade through, good luck.
Hellooooo Daisy DR very nice to see you looking so good. Megamoto, thanks for the pic, there's no harm in braggin' a little for the wanna be like me. I'm curious, does the black DR mean a certain production year?

Oh and, I like your sig line. Seeing that, plus your smiling face means you're smart and sexy too . You must whiten cause your teeth are so brite .
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #7401
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,078
OK then :) some more of motarded (click on the photos to expand). Just to explain - offroad wheels can be put back on in 15 minutes + 10 mins to fit heavy duty sump guard and ready to roll into dirt :) so true dualsport

bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #7402
Megamoto
Yes, I do look like this.

Oddometer: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum
Hellooooo Daisy DR very nice to see you looking so good. Megamoto, thanks for the pic, there's no harm in braggin' a little for the wanna be like me. I'm curious, does the black DR mean a certain production year?

Oh and, I like your sig line. Seeing that, plus your smiling face means you're smart and sexy too . You must whiten cause your teeth are so brite .
Erm..................????? Cough...cough.... Erm............

The black is a re-spray. There's a bit of flake in it too. Nice in the sunshine.

Like my teeth.

I'm so happy I could whistle through my willie. (Dan Walsh)

Per Ardua ad Astra
Megamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #7403
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
[quote=Tantrum]Hellooooo Daisy DR very nice to see you looking so good. Megamoto, thanks for the pic, there's no harm in braggin' a little for the wanna be like me. I'm curious, does the black DR mean a certain production year?

Tantrum - if you want to tell the year of a DR750 or DR800 by colour, click on this link.
http://www.dr-big.com/ then click on History.

Cheers.

ausibatla screwed with this post 06-17-2010 at 06:01 PM
ausibatla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #7404
Berg2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J
Pete when I get my bloody licence back I will. Its seriously ticking me off that I can't go for a ride, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel in just over a months time.

While I'm here are any of the AUSTRALIAN DR-BIG owners interested in having a get together somewhere? Suggestions are welcome !!!
Don't forget my 2 for 1 offer "sounds like an add for the end of the financial Year"
Old 06-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #7405
Berg2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Aussi get together yep good idea I can think 7 / 750,s and 4 / 800,s but don,t know of any more there must be a few others that maybe don,t know about this forrum perhaps.
Where to meet at good question ummmm.
Simon so you like the bling as well the shinyer the better and a wilbers shock fully adjustable I hope but arn,t they like 15 hundred bucks, I think I will just get mine regased, I bought front and back springs from HRT and another set of pumpers for the orange 750 the motor I put back in tonight so frame and motor are the only parts done so far.
Sounds like a plan, i just need to start the rebuilding project and get one Registered " should be right for DEC 2012.
Ps:I will get my mate to ride the other One.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #7406
ausibatla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
For Sale

I have a stainless steel DR BIG chain guard for a DR 800, brand new, never been on the bike. Will swap or sell for original plastic chain guard for DR 750 but must be in mint condition. Genuine new Suzuki part is $77 in Australia. So if you buy it, it would have to have postage added to that. So all up I reckon probably about $90 but would have to make sure first. Cheaper than from Europe anyway and you can use paypal.
Probably only suit someone in Australia or NZ.
PM me or email me at ausibatla@tadaust.org.au
Cheers,
ausibatla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #7407
mait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Choke Plunger

Hi
Maybe somebody has a spare choke plunger from DR750? I want to replace my cable operated choke because the threaded part holding the whole thing in the place is broken on mine. CMSNL is asking 25.- EUR for shipping only.

mait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #7408
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Alpine Rally 2010.
Last weekend I went down to the snow country with my mate Denis to Brindabella roughly a hour or so out of our national capital Canberra, while we were there we met up with 3 other guy,s that live not far from me one being Shaun Giles one of our top road race blokes.
I met up with Denis after about 3 hours riding at Goulburn for a bit of brecky at mackas,then we road to Canberra.
The 2 dr 650,s loaded with our gear.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:34 AM   #7409
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

This is a pic of a man made lake in the middle of Canberra, and I think the building is the high court of Australia, you know they wear those gay wiggs I just wear a beany myself
Old 06-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #7410
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

This pic is from the same spot but looking straight across the water to I think is the national library.