Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #766
Okta
rooky

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okta
Happy miles on that Big!

We have a friend (name Gyuszi on our website) working in London and took his Big there. Just received this picture:
Btw he is a former member of a metal band called Halor...check out this vid and guess what bikes in it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFHSuXKWo4g
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #767
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okta
Happy miles on that Big!

We have a friend (name Gyuszi on our website) working in London and took his Big there. Just received this picture:
Sorry, forgot to welcome you too!

Hey, how is situation now in Hungary with greenlaning? It's about 5 years since last time I been in your country (loved it, both city and rural) and back then it seemed to be no problem? I was there not on the bike, for work but had few collagues in Budapest and Hygienett who were bike riders, so they told me...
I guess joining EU means Hungarian hills and mountains is no-go for offroading nowadays? Your news about national cross cancellation kinda scared me
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #768
Okta
rooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Sorry, forgot to welcome you too!

Hey, how is situation now in Hungary with greenlaning? It's about 5 years since last time I been in your country (loved it, both city and rural) and back then it seemed to be no problem? I was there not on the bike, for work but had few collagues in Budapest and Hygienett who were bike riders, so they told me...
I guess joining EU means Hungarian hills and mountains is no-go for offroading nowadays? Your news about national cross cancellation kinda scared me
I've spent a few days in Oostende and loved it, really. Now I just had a Stella Artois, I like it too.

Situation in Hungary?...kinda...interesting(?) Greens hate bikers, bikers hate greens...of course it is not as simple. It's a fact, that lot of idiots can not behave and ride everywhere, bikers and quads. So I accept the reason why greens and other people do not like the off road. Another fact that they can not catch and punish these idiots, so they try to "punish" the others (us). Like deleting enduro races...
But don't worry, as I wrote the situation is still better here than in Western Europe, I mean on off-road side. And Transylvania is not far from us.
(Anyway, we are going to have more serious - economy - problems here than off-road - I'm afraid -, but this subject does not belong to this forum.)
Economy systems come and go but DR BIG stays!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #769
Okta
rooky

Just for...eeh...you know...

Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #770
Okta
rooky

A friend asked me to put a picture of him into this forum (name Ice on our website), probably this is NOT the picture he was thinking about...sorry for that!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #771
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,274
You know where I live? I live in Hoegaarden, place they make beer since 1425. Stella is NOTHING comparing to what we have here :) If you ever passing by - you welcome to visit! ;) and get some tasting ;)
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #772
Okta
rooky

Back in 2005:
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #773
Okta
rooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
You know where I live? I live in Hoegaarden, place they make beer since 1425. Stella is NOTHING comparing to what we have here :) If you ever passing by - you welcome to visit! ;) and get some tasting ;)
Really??? I have to go there!...

(Or you have to bring some to here...)
Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #774
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,902
Got the DR through California DMV today....sigh of relief.......

A bit of "head-scratching" on their part due to the Italian 6 digit VIN but they found a way to work it out. They actually seemed helpful.....odd.

Anyways, plate is on the bike, insurance is paid and I'm off tomorrow for a nice long ride through our green (for the next 6 weeks) hills.

Ray
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #775
Megamoto
Yes, I do look like this.

Oddometer: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
Well done. Looks like our bike are almost identical twins.

I'm so happy I could whistle through my willie. (Dan Walsh)

Per Ardua ad Astra
Megamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #776
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj
This one.........http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...=2009-4-25&c=1

I did pull out but am thinking I might just have to go. I need a holiday anyway
I'll know in a couple of weeks
Go on. You know you want to
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #777
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Phew, Front page updated ,

Official welcomes to North Rider, Aquatek69 , ray rev and snocross you are now front page news and have joined the Alete 40 odd DRBIG owners here.
I have also Upgraded links including how to post pictures ( mainly for myself so when I get some time I can figure it out) also put naves amazing pictures link there ( there so cool )

Remember if any off you guys have something you think should go there just PM me

MCmad screwed with this post 03-05-2009 at 02:56 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #778
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamoto
Well done. Looks like our bike are almost identical twins.

MM, where did you source your seat, h/guards, and luggage?
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:51 AM   #779
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy
Go on. You know you want to
'course I want to, got my ahem accomodation issues sorted kind of so it's looking more likely

But keep it quiet aye
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #780
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Bluesman,

I'm certainly not a wheel expert, but that looks a bit scarey to me.

The whole point of the 17 is harder use, correct? Harder cornering and braking loads. Given that I would stay far away from any form of radial lacing.

It may be that the rim and hub are just not compatible. I'd take it to a wheel expert to see what can be done (redrilling rim etc). The wheel guys always seem to have a few tricks.
And me to I wouldnt be riding on that wheel no way http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9213467&postcount=745, but it does bring me to the subject of front wheels why not compromise and go to say a 19" front as Ive been riding a few motards lattly and I recon they may be a bit nervice on those 17", maybe its because im used to the 21" and sure I Know 21s wont have the grip but they seem to give more feed back on the limit (a friend of mine completly lost his DRSM front end on a recent ride, I came apon him pointing in the wrong derection after he;d dumped the bike on the ground with no warning ) so I just wonder if a 19 might be the middle ground, Thoughts ??

megamoto and ray_rev love your bikes, it sure would be interesting to know how different they handle though along the lines of the above ??

PS, the XR500 on my signature picture had a 23" front wheel and it handled well on the street,( or at least when the wheel was on the ground anyway) more thoughts ???

MCmad screwed with this post 03-05-2009 at 03:24 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote