nub

Oddometer: 233
That first "baywatch" pic rox!
Molgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #108
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,199
Betiful photos, one on the beach is just superb!

Here is some from me....
At highest point of road from Otta to Lom, Jotunheimen national park in Norway, this year. Quite cold there I must say...much colder than below that park in valley...
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #109
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

On road to Lysebotn halfway...mountains again. I was really worried sheep will eat my speed sensor cable

One of mini-lakes on montain plateau just before Prekstoelen (Devil's chair) - those trees are no more than 1.5 meter tall. Had to hike there - even trial bike would not make it there and not allowed to.

at Lysebotn, on observation point...beatiful road to there, reallly TWISTY and really messed up tarmac

my wife imposing deer on road to Lysebotn, in mountains about deer that - I never saw one in this tour, she did see one wolf and 3 deer. I was to busy fighting not to fall.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #110
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Side of the road about 20 km from Lysebotn...stunning area
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #111
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Piece of good (but single-lane) road on way to Lysebotn.

and now I think I ran out of space on Photobucket...never used it before....not sure how to upload rest.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #112
pacospain
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Helloo from Spain, new here, DR800 x2 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Heres the place to show off your King off thumpers ( Biggest production single ). ct
Thanks for let me post here, my name is Paco, coming form spain, whith a short english, ...I would like give u my experience on DR 800, I have 2, same year, same model SR43B, they are alive thanks to my hands and Ebay...LOL!
One of them ready and used for enduro and trails routes, and other one for go to work and long trips,during last 20 year, sometime alternate one of my others bikes,have some on garden, my wife hate so many "stupid old irons"...:)

Last route was "El camino del Cid" is an historical way , from a XII Century who was refused by his King, and made nice epic battles over all spain, named "El Cid Campeador" state has creted a website very interesting :
http://www.caminodelcid.org/
is interesting...if u come to Spain.
Follow this lnk for some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.es/paco.ingl...licanteBurgos#

Here in Spain, i use this forum:
http://suzukidrbig.mforos.com/

I had arrive here thanks to google, and i was looking info for what type of front fork and yoke can replace the original , my idea is transform one BIG on a basic SUPERMONO as a project for this winter.

I hope u can help me.

Anyway is a pleasure reading you, really wonder site.
So if someone need further info i will be pleasant to help u.
Paco
pacospain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #113
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

hey, welcome!
Great place to live, and beatiful place to ride!

You realize after those photos you will inevitably going to have visitors? It is too beatiful, one day I MUST do this route too!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #114
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Colleagues,
Quick question.
I am looking for quite aggressive (more than Mefo 99) tyres for my DR. Objective: 200 km to the meeting point on motorways, totally offroad riding for 1.5 days, 200 km back.
I did it once with Mefos and found them to be too bad in mud (rest is fine).
Fellow DR owners from Dutch club suggested Pirelli MT21. Somebody else suggested TKC80. I know TKC80s are better on pavement, but are they good enough for mud? And opposite side: are MT21s that scary on pavement that I will kill myself during that "paved" part of ride? Anybody tried to run MT21 on DR?
I need tyres that would give me more confidence in wet stuff (Mefo's just s..s in the "wet" offroad) but will not kill me on simple ride to meeting points on paved roads at about 120 kmph motorway riding...
I heard horror stories on MT21s like "on pavement it is like riding on bearing balls" - is that truly THAT bad?

i'm riding on with Dunlop D606 on and offroad. happy to recomend them!
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #115
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 882
Im using a kenda K760 trackmaster on the rear, took a couple of hundred k's to scrub in but it seems to be working o.k. now. Don't know what it'll be like in the wet though. Fronts a Pirelli mt21, gripped well straight out of the box, and it's only been on for 1 day but I felt safe with it on seal and off road.
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #116
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

thank you guys! I am going to get myself either D606s or MT21 - depends on what will be cheaper. It seems that D606 and MT21s both kinda similar in way they perform with D606 wearing longer than MT21.
Since it will be my second set of wheels I do not care too much about wear...
I am trying to have 3 sets: on road stock wheels with 80-20 road/offroad Anakees (that I have), off-road stock set with MT21 or D606 - just need new rear brake disk for that second set and put tyres on it, and one set of supermoto-type or even cast wheels off SV650 with sticky 17" 130/160 road tyres (like supercorsa or some michelins).

BTW - last week I was getting tyres for my friend's Varadero and came across Conti Trail Attack. Those tyres are total blast on pavement...Shame I do not need them
Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 AM   #117
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
thank you guys! I am going to get myself either D606s or MT21 - depends on what will be cheaper. It seems that D606 and MT21s both kinda similar in way they perform with D606 wearing longer than MT21.
Since it will be my second set of wheels I do not care too much about wear...
I am trying to have 3 sets: on road stock wheels with 80-20 road/offroad Anakees (that I have), off-road stock set with MT21 or D606 - just need new rear brake disk for that second set and put tyres on it, and one set of supermoto-type or even cast wheels off SV650 with sticky 17" 130/160 road tyres (like supercorsa or some michelins).

BTW - last week I was getting tyres for my friend's Varadero and came across Conti Trail Attack. Those tyres are total blast on pavement...Shame I do not need them
it was hard to find a wet and muddy pic of the D606 here in sunny (and dry ) Israel but i did...
you have no idea how much i'm wating for the first rain to come...
any way- the D606 is a very good comromise between road and off road!

nave screwed with this post 12-23-2008 at 06:18 AM
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:36 AM   #118
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Welcome Megamoto and pacospain will add you to the list on cover page

bluesman, cool pics unfortunatly we dont have roads to other country;s here in NZ so I can;t do the lets cruise across the border thing
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #119
enduroprofi
TR Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hi,
I'm from Istanbul/Turkey and This is mine

enduroprofi screwed with this post 10-07-2008 at 05:31 AM
enduroprofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #120
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroprofi
Hi,
I'm from Istanbul/Turkey and This is mine

Welcome will add you to post 1,How do you find the Knobbly tires in comparison to the Dual sports tires on and off road, personal I find the Dual sports give no front end bite offroad in sand but they are excellent on road and I pitty any road burner who wants to take an 800 on in the sub 140kph twisties, Also was there an Earthquake when you landed that Jump, Impressive
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote