User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #12511
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Hello ladder,
thanks a lot! So it's exactly what I thought of ...
Kind regards, Bambi
PS: sorry, that I don't take off my SR 41 exhaust to measure it's inside-diameter ...
Old 03-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #12512
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,856
Quote:
sorry, that I don't take off my SR 41 exhaust to measure it's inside-diameter
That would have been more than I intended. I thought Resi or Bluesman would know. Turns out I was right....

Thanks,
Resi.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #12513
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Hello ladder,
in Resi you can trust. Concerning things like this, he's like a good bank! Bluesman rides a SR 43, I'm not sure, if he knows the size of the SR 41 header ...
Kind regards, Bambi
Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #12514
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Bambi, thx :)

@All: Here are some impressions from "my" area:

This is what I see whne looking outside the kitchen window:

Source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ilippstein.jpg

This is a stronghold, our village was the last frontier of Hassia-Nassovia to Prussia.
Our colors are still orange-blue

We have a lot of small roads over here, perfect for ride outs, but when we want some real thrill, we do a little downhill racing on modified bobby-cars:

Source: www.holzhueter.com

800m distance, top speed at 88km/h, braking with shoes only.
On the second picture you can see the speed camera.

Here is the whole galery: http://www.holzhueter.com/index.php?...allery&cid=257

Cheers,
Lars
Resi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #12515
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushybutt View Post
Hi DR800 owners. I'm Bushybutt and believe it or not live in the Land of the Long White cloud (New Zealand) I own two DR800s - a 93 model registered in October 92 with 70,000 kms which i have owned since Oct. 2000. I am the second owner of this on which i have done 42,000 kms and on mainly gravel roads which i have set for two up riding with panniers etc. The other one is a 93 model ist registered in NZ in 99 and i am the third NZ owner which has just turned over 95,000 kms which i have owned since Nov. 2004. It was a heap of shit and hadn't been looked after with 86,000 kms on it but with a lot of time and a little bit of money doesn't look to bad now. These 800s rule, there might be faster, more comfortable, newer bikes out there but nothing has the magnetism of the 800. I'd love to hook up with the NZ guys sometime, that would be cool. A group of us do the South Island every 2 years on as much gravel as possible so watch out you guys in the south as well. Hope to hear from some of you.
The quote above was made in 2008 and I had the pleasure of meeting, riding and sharing a beer with Bushybutt yesterday.
He was on a ride around the S.Island with some mates. Very tidy 800 he was riding too loaded up with gear and fiance.
Was good to meet you, Linda and friends Bushybutt.

I know your lurking...

Resi... that is an outstanding view from you window

If anyone is wants to see my back yard.... have a look here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...the-Jatz-s-did
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #12516
Dino3310
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
Small country aye ztaj, was one of his that black one with the fern on the tank that was on tardme
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #12517
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3310 View Post
Small country aye ztaj, was one of his that black one with the fern on the tank that was on tardme
Yip...He has a blue one now. he also owns the blue 800 that was for sale in Nelson a while ago(which was sold new by my local Suzi dealer), which was sold to a guy in Rotorua who then sold it to B,butt. AFAIK that will be turned into a motard when funds/time are available.

Does anyone have a CDI they would loan to me to try ? I will pay postage and beer/bed if your ever in N.Z.
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #12518
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Some pics of my area, San Isidro, Argentina.

San isidro is in the northern area of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Ver mapa más grande

Typical San Isidro view..

San Isidro Cathedral

San Isidro Train Station

Tigre Hotel

Typical view of the delta

Rowing Club

Another train station

Panamericana motorway

Horse racetrack

As you can see.. no offroad tracks near home..
Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #12519
shanekfalcon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted for a while as life has been busy. That's part of the reason for this post.

So I committed a foolish crime - not riding the DR enough. Its been sitting whilst I've been waiting for the Produro to arrive - close enough to three months now.

So I took out the back wheel, cleaned everything up and so on. Replaced the manifold rubbers, the carbie to airbox tube, fixed the rusted nuts and bolts etc, replaced the fuel lines, covered then in heatshield etc. This all came out from rebuilding the starter motor, which turns like a trooper now.

Sick of waiting for the Produro and so put everything back together. Fresh fuel and it turns over great but doesn't start. Eventuall I can see that there is no spark. Either the CDI unit is broke or I've missed a cable. Open to any ideas that will not require me to pull apart the back end again as I really want to get this bike going quickly.

If there are any Big experts nearby or coming this way who want to have a look, you are more than welcome. Most of the local shops seems only interested in late model bikes and I'm finding that a bit frustrating.

Thanks,

Shane
shanekfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #12520
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanekfalcon View Post
Either the CDI unit is broke or I've missed a cable. Open to any ideas that will not require me to pull apart the back end again as I really want to get this bike going quickly.

Shane
Shane, I'd check the pickup/trigger cables that come out of the stator cover (left side of bike). Almost same thing happened to me when I rebuilded my motor and found out (after hours of swearing) that the ignition pickup cables where cut/kinked just when they come out of the cover.

If you have the manual, there is a procedure for checking them..

hope this helps
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #12521
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Hello guys,
nice pics you've shown. Sorry, mine will take a bit of time as I have to find me a webspace from where I can upload them. PC-fairy Iris is working on the theme. It might be, that something like that is part of our German telecom 'coverage'. She's investigating this ...
I'm a lucky guy, being able to share Resi's view (and company!) every-once-in-a-while. My views are similiar, some might remember the pics I put in here from the tour with my working-mates last summer and with some Big-friends last harvest. We have a nice country-side here with mountains (or are they just hills?) of up to 800 m and small valleys between them. Connected by small B- and C-roads. And often overlooked by castles or their ruins. Ideal for Bigs, Triumph Twins and even smaller thumpers and 2-smoker-singles ...
Kind regards, Bambi
PS: when uploading of pics works again, I'll also show you some from our maintenance- and repair-lessons by Stefan 'Rallye-Big' Hessler. Including me kicking a works Dakar-bike. Not into life - it refused, but not because of a fault in my operation ... there's something wrong with it as Stefan said ... but kicking in the steps of Gaston Rahier: Great!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #12522
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
PS: when uploading of pics works again, I'll also show you some from our maintenance- and repair-lessons by Stefan 'Rallye-Big' Hessler. Including me kicking a works Dakar-bike. Not into life - it refused, but not because of a fault in my operation ... there's something wrong with it as Stefan said ... but kicking in the steps of Gaston Rahier: Great!

I'll be waiting for that pics anxiously!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #12523
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvalbo1 View Post
Hey friends
yesterday I went for ridung with my new big in the first time.
I'm in love!
a lot of fun with the big beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW62NKx75V8

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Very Awesome, hope you don't but I shared the Video with my Facebook friends
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #12524
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
The quote above was made in 2008 and I had the pleasure of meeting, riding and sharing a beer with Bushybutt yesterday.
He was on a ride around the S.Island with some mates. Very tidy 800 he was riding too loaded up with gear and fiance.
Was good to meet you, Linda and friends Bushybutt.

I know your lurking...

Resi... that is an outstanding view from you window

If anyone is wants to see my back yard.... have a look here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...the-Jatz-s-did
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Yip...He has a blue one now. he also owns the blue 800 that was for sale in Nelson a while ago(which was sold new by my local Suzi dealer), which was sold to a guy in Rotorua who then sold it to B,butt. AFAIK that will be turned into a motard when funds/time are available.

Does anyone have a CDI they would loan to me to try ? I will pay postage and beer/bed if your ever in N.Z.
You know guys I'm feeling quite alone up here in Auckland holding up the BIG flag for the North Island there must be some others around somewhere ?

I may have to fly over to see Rob in Ausie just for consolation, (best I take flipper and a snorkel though)
Old 03-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #12525
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroka View Post
San isidro is in the northern area of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Ver mapa más grande

Typical San Isidro view..

As you can see.. no offroad tracks near home..
Great stuff, I think I might of mentioned but I've been to your City (a while ago now) loved it especially the night market that were on in the centre of town at the time