Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #13141
rowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sad_punk View Post
Hi,
Anyone have the dimensions/part no of that weird arsed front wheel bearing
Never seen one like that before. What im trying to do is see if i can source it from an industrial supplier.
Rob i see you tried this road and had no joy but im eager to give it a shot, i know a lad in a well stocked bearing suppliers.
Many thanks in advance
Sorry for the bump of an old post, but I have not been able to find an answer. My 1990 DR650 uses the same bearing and my local bearing shop ordered one for me last year. Finally got the wheels on and the front would bind when tightening the axle nut. Discovered the bind was caused by the speedo drive tabs on the hub rubbing on the inside of the drive housing because the bearing was too narrow. The new bearing is a 3002-2RS and is 13mm wide. Did anyone find suitable replacement, or do I use this one with a spacer?

Thanks!

David.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #13142
the_sad_punk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowie View Post
Sorry for the bump of an old post, but I have not been able to find an answer. My 1990 DR650 uses the same bearing and my local bearing shop ordered one for me last year. Finally got the wheels on and the front would bind when tightening the axle nut. Discovered the bind was caused by the speedo drive tabs on the hub rubbing on the inside of the drive housing because the bearing was too narrow. The new bearing is a 3002-2RS and is 13mm wide. Did anyone find suitable replacement, or do I use this one with a spacer?

Thanks!

David.
Yeah had the same query as you alright Rowie http://www.drbig.info/forum/viewtopi...=351&start=210
Resi (Lars) came to the rescue! http://www.drbig.info/forum/viewtopi...=351&start=280
Used his spacer.
Lately i have noticed there is a slight bit of binding when tightening the spindle. Its not bad and the wheel can be easily enough spun but i perfer it wasnt there. Im weighing options altogether at the mo as i need a new rim as its flatspotted.
Btw i spoke to a bearing supplier tech guy and he strongly suggested not running two 8mm bearings aside each other in this application.
the_sad_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #13143
rowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sad_punk View Post
Yeah had the same query as you alright Rowie http://www.drbig.info/forum/viewtopi...=351&start=210
Resi (Lars) came to the rescue! http://www.drbig.info/forum/viewtopi...=351&start=280
Used his spacer.
Lately i have noticed there is a slight bit of binding when tightening the spindle. Its not bad and the wheel can be easily enough spun but i perfer it wasnt there. Im weighing options altogether at the mo as i need a new rim as its flatspotted.
Btw i spoke to a bearing supplier tech guy and he strongly suggested not running two 8mm bearings aside each other in this application.
Thanks mate, I will get one made. Had a look at the photos you posted. I'm thinking that the bevel you ground on the inside to stop it rubbing on the inner race would cause a lot of side load when the axle is tightened. It would transfer the load from the inner race (where it should be) to the outer race. But I'm only a farmer, so take that with a grain of salt I'll ask the fitter when I take the bearings to him today.

What is the OEM bearing quality like? This US site is the cheapest I have found for # 09267-15002

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...267-15002.html

If the quality is ok, it might be worthwhile doing a group purchase? Something to think about..

Cheers,
David.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #13144
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Hello out there,
just a quick note concerning our mate from the German Big-forum: he's nearly on his way home, another friend bought the damaged bike for a price that's satisfying both sides.
Kind regards, Bambi
Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #13145
the_sad_punk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowie View Post
Thanks mate, I will get one made. Had a look at the photos you posted. I'm thinking that the bevel you ground on the inside to stop it rubbing on the inner race would cause a lot of side load when the axle is tightened. It would transfer the load from the inner race (where it should be) to the outer race. But I'm only a farmer, so take that with a grain of salt I'll ask the fitter when I take the bearings to him today.

What is the OEM bearing quality like? This US site is the cheapest I have found for # 09267-15002

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts...267-15002.html

If the quality is ok, it might be worthwhile doing a group purchase? Something to think about..

Cheers,
David.
Thats the cheapest ive seen that oem bearing priced. If its the same one as in my first link its unsealed and i guess more prone to getting shagged easier than a sealed one.

Ive thought on what you said there about the binding. Famer or not your talking sense. Never considered that as a cause. Il try an unmolested 3mm spacer and see how i get along. Owe you a beer mate if your right and i have a feeling ye are
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #13146
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,824
Why not just buy the suzuki one .
Old 06-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #13147
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto View Post
That's what I ws thinking... Although when I replaced mine I ws looking for other cheaper options
ztaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #13148
the_sad_punk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The path of least resistance eh Rob
Reasons i didnt want the oem one is the cheapest i could find one was 50 euro, its an unsealed bearing and replacing one in a bind if you were on a journey would be messy.
Like yourself i took it to many industrial bearing stockists and they were all raising eyebrows, no match to it.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #13149
Simosez
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
sprockets

g'day all,

i know this has been done before but can someone tell me where to get decent sprockets from. i am after 14:47 and don't really care if it is 520 or 525.
i ordered some off australian ebay but they sent the wrong ones, i'm hoping the supplier can supply the right stuff but if not i'm sure someone can help.

Rob, what do you use? sorry i didn't turn up yesterday, i was called in to work.

cheers.
Husaberg 350
Simosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #13150
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Simon, JT spockets your local dealer should have the catologue.
Don,t talk me about friggan Ebay I am so pissed off, I recieved a sr/43 front disc from italy should have been sr/41/42 4 bolt 130 bucks wasted,
Goodrich brake lines sent front and back friggan wrong , but now has sent the right ones still cost me 44 bucks to send them back,
Arrived today a seat from england supposed to fit dr/ 800 f,,,,,,n crap no where near it 220bucks to dear to send back it .
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #13151
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Colum , I could have bought 4 of those original front bearings for what was wasted with egay ebay..
Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #13152
Simosez
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Simon, JT spockets your local dealer should have the catologue.
Don,t talk me about friggan Ebay I am so pissed off, I recieved a sr/43 front disc from italy should have been sr/41/42 4 bolt 130 bucks wasted,
Goodrich brake lines sent front and back friggan wrong , but now has sent the right ones still cost me 44 bucks to send them back,
Arrived today a seat from england supposed to fit dr/ 800 f,,,,,,n crap no where near it 220bucks to dear to send back it .
bloody hell. at least mine was from aus and i can return it. i think i'll give fleabay a miss from now on.
will call in to the bike shop tomorrow.
Husaberg 350
Simosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:33 AM   #13153
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simosez View Post
i know this has been done before but can someone tell me where to get decent sprockets from. i am after 14:47 and don't really care if it is 520 or 525.
You've got mail :)

LarS
Resi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #13154
p3dro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Carbs

Hello again guys,

So I got my carbs out this morning - followed Ladder106's guide - took 2 hours including set-up and clean-up after, and wasn't very difficult at all - so thanks very much for that!

Here's what they look like before I start the internal clean-out and replacement of rubbers etc:

The Big was imported in '99 and is a '94 SR43A with 25,000 Kms on the clock - looks to me like a previous owner may have had a bit of a struggle getting these out before judging from the scratches on the insides?

To my untrained eye they look like they may be OK if cleaned up well....

Cheers,

P

p3dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #13155
Jakob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Past few days I made a discovery that my dr has hagon suspension .. what can u guys say about it? ..
here's the link for that.
http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalo...?partno=M63070

and now I'll grab another beer and tighten the balancer chain.