Laugh Its boring? Turbocharge it

Turbo's make everything fun
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #13787
mait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto View Post
Seeing its a little quiet on here have a go at this, watch all of it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHl2...ature=youtu.be
Funny, crazy, scary...
mait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #13788
Puddle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Carb Thumb Screw Source

Hi everyone. I am enjoying my DrBig. Still working on tuning the carbs. Does anyone have a link to who sells the Thumb Screws in the carbs so you can easily adjust them. Mine is 1988 SR41. I am getting tired of burned hands, and dropped mini screw drivers. Thanks for your help.
Puddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #13789
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Gidday.

Do you mean one of these:

If yes, drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Lars
Resi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #13790
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Hello out there,

what about a very special christmas-present for you Big-riders all over the world? Yvonne and Lemmi, two nice fellows from our German forum provide us with a Big-calender, now for the fourth time. They both have a good hand and much experience with cameras (Yvonne is a camera-lady of German tv and Lemmi is a rather good amateur-photograph). 3 years ago they told us to send them pics of our or other people's Bigs to create a calender. This year I thought, it should hang on walls all over the world.
So with the permission of the creators here's a link to the sneak-preview: http://www.dr-big.de/forum/viewtopic...80323&start=20
Scroll down to the line-up of months (Januar is German for january and so on, it's quite easy). If you click the button 'anzeigen' the pic(s) of the month will appear, a click on 'verstecken' will hide it again. The price won't be too high, was 13,50 EUR last year (this year's not calculated yet) plus porto and package (p&p), but that might differ very much depending on your home-country. I'll try to get some information at the post-office on monday.
I offered Yvonne and Lemmy to collect your orders (dead-line is november 28th!!!). As I trust in you I would pay for them and send them to you, just adding p&p for your country to the price. If nothing goes wrong it should be possible to provide you with your Big-calender in time before january 1st in 2013.
Kind regards, Bambi
Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #13791
Okta
rooky

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelXR33 View Post
Thanks, Ladder106!

I like too with the original fender... why not?
Do you mean something like this:
http://www.sportmotor.hu/motoros_kepek/enduro/?dr=34665

I used MZ headlight for this "project": light ot this is better than original!

I rode with Transalps here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ygVxolm-dpI
Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #13792
Bambi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Hi there,
one more sentence concerning the calenders:
Please send me a PN with your real name and address so that nobody gets lost!
Thank your, Bambi
Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #13793
Hyena986
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Talking Hello

Hey guys! My name is Stefan and I've been a "rider" in papers for 3 years now (when I got my license). Due to the recession and a nasty car accident I wasn't able to buy a bike ever since, but the time has come... I'm kind of a "Captain Slow", as my friends call me so i don't like fast bikes :) I live in the capital city and it's very crowded but my grandparents live in the countryside (~100km), I enjoy the hills and the forest witch surrounds the village so i think a enduro - touring will suite me nice. I found this thread 2 weeks ago after i saw a DR750s for sale. I searched the forum for any useful info about this model and today I went and bought it. My first trip was ~130 km on the highway with no equipment except jacket, helmet and some summer gloves at 6 degrees Celsius (43 Fahrenheit)... Thanks god for my friend (spare driver) who I switched (car-bike) every 40km or so...

The bike has 60k km on board but the engine was remade 1500 km ago and the brake pads, chain and sprockets are also new.
Some defects:
the heated hand grips don't work
the turning signals don't work
the clutch sensor (that little button) doesn't work
it has no mirrors
it has no hand guards
but overall I'm very pleased... The bike was 750 Euro witch i think was a fair price

Hyena986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #13794
spen
on my arse

Oddometer: 338
The bike looks good
spen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #13795
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,824
I,m with Spen the bike don,t look to bad, but if you don,t like fast bikes you made the wrong choice
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #13796
Hyena986
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thumbs down

My best friend has a '98 CBR 600 F3 that's what I meant when I said fast bike

Today I kind of failed when I tried to start the bike in the morning... I had some problems finding the choke (I thought it was on the handle bars) so i kind of tried to start it without it... and ran out of battery after recharging the battery and investigating the carbs i found the choke and it fired off immediately and of course one of my old neighbors started to yell
Hyena986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #13797
MiguelXR33
Suspenso en inglés

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okta View Post
Do you mean something like this:
http://www.sportmotor.hu/motoros_kepek/enduro/?dr=34665

I used MZ headlight for this "project": light ot this is better than original!

I rode with Transalps here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ygVxolm-dpI
Ha ha, Okta, you have a really "pretty ugly duck"!!!! Yes, this is my idea... but with a ordinary naked front light... : Rofl

I was thinking about my idea... really is correct? But now I see your pics and I think "this bike remember me when I was a teen": the europeans (in 1982 here in Spain we hadn't japanese bikes) crossed my land going to Africa, with biggest (for a teenager eyes) Enduro bikes with big fuel tank, big front lights (the desert is very darkness), very much bags and a real smile in their faces...

Thanks again Okta, for you my dream is rising... and someday say us why this MZ light and REALLY WHY this fender... I hope you can ride better... or perhaps you want all people see you??? : Lol3

PD: A very pretty land, Okta... like the Spanish land two decades before... when was more Africa and no much Europe... : Freaky
MiguelXR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #13798
Puddle
Gnarly Adventurer

Ricky Cross Crash Bars

So I am not a happy camper today. I installed these bars to protect the tank. Well, I dropped it in single track, soft stuff and the bar moved in and slightly up on the side and took the paint off the tank right where the top and bottom bar come together to the single that sweeps back. They are installed as per the instructions. The side bolts are tight. The front bolts, top and bottom clamps are tight. Not happy. Looking at the situation it actually looks like the right set pushed on the left set as the gap moved between the two sets of bars and the tank on each side. So I am thinking the fix is to weld in a centre pc inside the cross/clamp pc so that they tighten down but in no way will the bar be able to move "in". Anyone else had to modify these. This is such a piss-off. Crash bars that don't meet the softest of all drops. :(

So now I'm looking for the paint code to get the "white" right. Can anyone point me in the right direction please, 1988 DR750 SR41.

Thanks, Rob
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #13799
Resi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Gidday Puddle.

Wich kind of bars have you mounted? Fivestars? These are well known for beeing not so tough
However, colorcode of the white parts is "30H", for blue "34S" (on SR41 drumbrake).
Availlable at your Suzuki drugstore
Or: Get these parts to a painter with a scanner/camera for mixing up matching paint.

Cheers,
Lars
Resi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #13800
Puddle
Gnarly Adventurer

They are the one's on the Hessler sight - Riky.