Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #61
Dirt Diver
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_au
Hi all from sunny Honiara, my KLE is sitting under a cover up on its hoist in my shed and looks like it will be there for at least the next 12 months. Im planning on getting a new bike on my return to Australia and would love to turn the KLE into a project bike. Subject to ministerial approval of course. Have to see what happens. Glad to see others out there riding this great bike.

Stay safe
Doc_au
Link supplied by doc_au:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=24627.0

Looks awesome!
01 VFR800 Sold and missed.
Adventurers like it dirty!
Dirt Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #62
althasaur
who sells kle 500 parts?

Oddometer: 99
photos

photobucket will also host the photos..
Old 06-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #63
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 9,990
guy is planning extensive mods to a KLE, very interesting

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463467
Old 06-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #64
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #65
Keater
Live to play!!!

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat00m
time to bump this thread

so what happend on your xmas ride Mick
G'day all I've been in hidding! I've now got some Renthal bars, bar risers and fitted and bark busters feel heaps better than the stockos.
My trip up the coast was fun, still nervous as hell in soft sand but the 606's love it. I'm going back to crappy roadies next though as it's nearly always on the road and the 606's are shit for that. the old girls in the shop at the moment as she died of some fuel issue even though it's under warranty period still, they reckon it wont be covered see how it goes on monday???
Old 06-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #66
Oaka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Question Fuel filter

Has anybody fitted an inline fuel filter on their KLE?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #67
Keater
Live to play!!!

Oddometer: 80
Well I got the bike back after forking over $260 not happy. Because the needle is a consumable part they wont cover in the warranty. They replaced them and cleaned the carby out (By the way this is a cheap price as the manager [who I bought the bike off] ripped it up the mechanic for not telling me saturday the bikes not ready). So much for only putting premium fuel in and at 11500ks new needles Grrrrr. As for inline filters the tap mechanism has a fine filter in it but obviously not good enough! Lets just hope i dont have to do that every 11k??? Anyone else had this issue?
Hard to trust good fuel now!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:12 AM   #68
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keater
Well I got the bike back after forking over $260 not happy. Because the needle is a consumable part they wont cover in the warranty. They replaced them and cleaned the carby out (By the way this is a cheap price as the manager [who I bought the bike off] ripped it up the mechanic for not telling me saturday the bikes not ready). So much for only putting premium fuel in and at 11500ks new needles Grrrrr. As for inline filters the tap mechanism has a fine filter in it but obviously not good enough! Lets just hope i dont have to do that every 11k??? Anyone else had this issue?
Hard to trust good fuel now!!!!
Keater old son!!

Hot tip - Just use plain old 91 octane unleaded....

Had only 2 tanks of Premium thru mine in 44,000km - trouble free thus far - Mudgee Kawasaki mechs told me "....stay away from the Premium and the E10..." Gonna send the rebuild bill to the NSW State Govt sometime in 2011-2012 when the old girl gives out 'cause I can't buy anything but PULP or E10+ after 2011... feckers!!

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #69
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Oddometer: 90
Since the tax man is so kind to me every year I thought it time to purchase my pannier rack.
Ordered my Hepco and Becker rack. Only problem is it will be about a 4-6 week wait.
Bike is also booked in for a new fresh set of 606's in the morning.

Thank you ATO..haha
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #70
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

got the new shoes..no drama's...

well I also put it in for it's 24,000 k service...what a shock...turns out that the carbies were all out of whack, as with the (insert massive brain fart here) alignment was all out.

While it was in I got them to do the chain and sprokets....apparently the front sproket on it was far to big and they needed a pulley thingy ma jiggy to get it off..the mech reckons they would have needed a hammer to get in on in the first place. Just wanted a stock standard normal chain and ended up with a racing chain...hahahaha, like I need a racing chain on the KLE.

With all that done I thought she was sweet to go...pulled out and found as soon as the revs got up to the 5g mark she wouldn't rev any higher...this happened all the way home. After I got it home I went for a spin to the bottle shop and tried my mates way of fixing shit...give it a fistful..didn't work on the way home but this time it still was a little groggy round the 5k mark but pusehed through and revved higher...take it back in the morning and get them to take a quick look.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #71
Oaka
Adventurer

Shocking

Sorry to hear your KLE is still giving trouble after all that work, MadGalah. Mine is currently hanging from the roof in the shed as I have pulled the rear shock and sent it away for a new spring and revalve.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:51 AM   #72
MadGalah OP
Lovin the riders life!

Took it for a run yesterday morning before deciding on taking it back..well she ran fine..may have just been some gunk in the fuel line or something.

Yeah my brain fart in my last post was for the valves.

Good luck with yours Oaka
Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #73
KLEaner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Just clocked over 46,000 on mine - still no major dramas as yet, although the bash plate has taken a hiding and all the mounts are bent and the sump plug is protruding markedly through its hole... Was thinking that spark plugs may be in order as they were changed around 10,000km.

Next service will be back at Mudgee Kawasaki, have been a tightarse with the past two, just an oil change and new filter. Must get around to washing it too, 10,000km since the last one...

Cheers
Ian

... was expecting 100K from this bike; now aiming for 150K ...
KLEaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #74
Oaka
Adventurer

Shocking KLE

Shock is rebuilt + new spring, put them back on the bike yesterday (fitted new gel battery while I was there) and went riding on my favourite tracks, rocks lumps, deep sand. Great fun and made it up the hill which had always defeated me in the past. New dog bones (tie rods) nearly finished!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:13 AM   #75
atgreg
Africatwinarama

woohoo, built in vic !!!!!