ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #1516
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer: 1,714
Looks like you had as much fun as I did. We should have gotten together today. I got up late and figured you had left.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #1517
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Looks like fun, Jman955i & Catalyst.

I'd like to ride with y'all one day out on your stomping grounds and I would be more than happy to return the favor if either of you are interested.

Thanks again for taking the time to post all of it up.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #1518
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Oddometer: 980
Sweet guys.
Cat, you crossed the creek on the right side I guess, right Cat? I didn't even see the gate there. I was looking at a crossing spot on the left. I have been on some other those roads too, though you seem to leave trail more than I do
Josh, as the purpose of my map(s) is to find a dirt route to the OHV trails, I do not explore most of the roads around the lake if the map shows that they dead end. You found some good ones though.
I will be doing more exploring this week, I'm off wed and thur. Not off again on the weekend until the end of the month. Up for some more exploring then?
Me and my monkee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #1519
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Old 01-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #1520
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee
Sweet guys.
Cat, you crossed the creek on the right side I guess, right Cat? I didn't even see the gate there. I was looking at a crossing spot on the left. I have been on some other those roads too, though you seem to leave trail more than I do
Josh, as the purpose of my map(s) is to find a dirt route to the OHV trails, I do not explore most of the roads around the lake if the map shows that they dead end. You found some good ones though.
I will be doing more exploring this week, I'm off wed and thur. Not off again on the weekend until the end of the month. Up for some more exploring then?
Yeah sure thing. Oh, Your Boss stopped by while I was washing the XR. He was riding a little red scooter.

Jman955i screwed with this post 01-10-2009 at 06:08 PM
Jman955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #1521
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,633
Hay Catalyst,
Looks like you had a great ride. Wish I was there. Sux that you ran out of gas.

J-Man love the poster but the tire looks too clean.

I took this pic when I went exploring the same day I got my tires put on....in my work clothes.....in hind sight that was a bad idea.
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #1522
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoli
Hay Catalyst,
Looks like you had a great ride. Wish I was there. Sux that you ran out of gas.

J-Man love the poster but the tire looks too clean.

I took this pic when I went exploring the same day I got my tires put on....in my work clothes.....in hind sight that was a bad idea.
Yeah.
I didn't think about till I got home.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #1523
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,633
I ALMOST wish that it wasnt football playoff weekend... I want to check out those trails and fire roads you guys keep finding. Need to figure out how to do a week day ride.
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #1524
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoli
I ALMOST wish that it wasnt football playoff weekend... I want to check out those trails and fire roads you guys keep finding. Need to figure out how to do a week day ride.

Week day rides are hard for me. I work M-F 7:30 to 4:00. Until the time changes and it stays light for more than a 1 1/2 hours outside it will have to be on the weekend. Unless its on a holiday, which the next holiday for me will be Memorial day and then by that time the it will be light outside for more than 1 1/2 hours.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #1525
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Looks like fun, Jman955i & Catalyst.

I'd like to ride with y'all one day out on your stomping grounds and I would be more than happy to return the favor if either of you are interested.

Thanks again for taking the time to post all of it up.
I up for it.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #1526
Catalyst
Explorer

Oddometer: 577
I figured you were going for the tag,Jman! We'll have to swap notes. Not sure if I discovered anything new for the SC monkee map. A bunch of FRS, all gravel. Barr Church Rd, short but clay then gravel. And some road that starts with P. Dang. I do need a gps. Prescott I think: gravel.

International Paper...should have figured. Yeah, I crossed to the right of the bridge.

I'd love to check out some stuff in NA GA, Willy. In comparison, I don't think the roads around here would be quite as exciting unless you tie them all together like M&MM is doing.

Anyone know what mountain Jman saw? Burk and Parsons are the only things I can think of...
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #1527
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst
I figured you were going for the tag,Jman! We'll have to swap notes. Not sure if I discovered anything new for the SC monkee map. A bunch of FRS, all gravel. Barr Church Rd, short but clay then gravel. And some road that starts with P. Dang. I do need a gps. Prescott I think: gravel.

International Paper...should have figured. Yeah, I crossed to the right of the bridge.

I'd love to check out some stuff in NA GA, Willy. In comparison, I don't think the roads around here would be quite as exciting unless you tie them all together like M&MM is doing.

Anyone know what mountain Jman saw? Burk and Parsons are the only things I can think of...
It's Graves Mountain in Lincoln County. It is off Hwy 43. I was thinking of using it as a tag. I might still after some time has went by. You can also see it when you cross over Little River going from Columbia County into Lincoln County.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #1528
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst

Yup, prescott is dirt. Its on google sreetview.
Its amazing how many backroads are covered by streetview. I've been able to fill in some of the monkee maps from in front of my monitor. No substitute for riding, I know, but I can see where the paved roads are so I can avoid them.
+1 on the GPS thing. I would not leave the road without one now. I'm sure I would till be lost in the woods from my ride last week without being able to follow my gps track. I use a basic Garmin etrex legend. Can be used for riding, hiking etc and easy to find for $100 or so. Les for a used one on eBay.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #1529
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Cold Afternoon

Well Catalyst and I hooked up today and did some riding in Lincoln, Wilkes, and McDuffie Counties. Would have gotten more but a slight detour of mine costs us some time so we didn't get as far as I wanted to but we did cover some great dirt roads . Also got accused of riding on Graves Mountain by some guy in a truck , Which I told him that I knew better than to go riding up there. He believe us and we went on our way. Did see some fourwheelers at the end of the road. Found a bunch of roads that give some excellent lake front views. Also found a couple of places for some future tags.

One of the roads to the lake.

Found this grave with shells on top of it. Kinda of strange, the date on the grave was 1862. The beach back then was at least a month away.

And here was a tag on a fence for one of the graves thought it was neat.

Didn't stop to take alot pictures, I guess we should have. Just having too much fun to stop. What my pack looked like when I got home.

BIG RED DIRTY PIG

BIG RED CLEAN PIG

Jman955i screwed with this post 01-11-2009 at 07:10 PM
Jman955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #1530
Catalyst
Explorer

Oddometer: 577
A couple more pictures from Sunday afternoon...

And just the funny name of a road we passed...

Great day for a ride, but I couldn't stop shivering for about a half hour after I got home!
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote