ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Screw it Lets Go Riding. (OH)

This is a thread for anyone. If you live in Ohio or near by and wanna go riding post here to see who's interested. Gravel, dirt, or tarmac, If you wanna ride with some other riders. post up here.
half_price_beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,154
I'm in Delaware and wondering if there is any stuff to goof around on in the area. Gonna go over by the Scioto River near by to see what's over there north of 36 this weekend.

Later in the month going east to T-county to ride with a friend when not busy for a weekend.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

In terms of gravel there isn't anything to difficult, but there are some gravel roads around Delaware state park off of Cole Rd. Panhandle Rd. and a few roads off of 229. You do have to get pretty creative if you only wanna go for an hour ride. I haven't check around Ostrander, but that could be promising.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
markk53
jack of all trades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_price_beemer View Post
In terms of gravel there isn't anything to difficult, but there are some gravel roads around Delaware state park off of Cole Rd. Panhandle Rd. and a few roads off of 229. You do have to get pretty creative if you only wanna go for an hour ride. I haven't check around Ostrander, but that could be promising.
There are a few paved roads that actually have really for real turns in them that can't be negotiated at 50 in a car, so I'm hoping there might be some kind of gravel stuff or at least some more enjoyable paved ones close to the river. I just live up the road from Ostrander near the SR37 Kroger.

I'm going to try to go doink around there either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday...

Mark - klx678
Old 09-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #5
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
There are a few paved roads that actually have really for real turns in them that can't be negotiated at 50 in a car, so I'm hoping there might be some kind of gravel stuff or at least some more enjoyable paved ones close to the river. I just live up the road from Ostrander near the SR37 Kroger.
We should meet up, I'd love to go on a mini ride to dinner some night. maybe Bun's in Delaware?
Old 09-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
markk53
jack of all trades...

Quote:
We should meet up, I'd love to go on a mini ride to dinner some night. maybe Bun's in Delaware?
There's a good Mexican place in Marysville too... and of course the Hamburger Inn.

I'd enjoy it. PM me if anyone's interested.

Mark - klx678
Old 09-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,294
Isn't this what the ADV in Ohio thread is for?

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #8
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

That's what it used to be for. Now it's a lot of other random stuff. We could change the name to. Central Ohio ADV Riding; The Search For The Fountain of Youth."
Old 09-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
There's a good Mexican place in Marysville too... and of course the Hamburger Inn.

I'd enjoy it. PM me if anyone's interested.
Been a while since I ate at the Hamburger Inn.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
groundrules
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
Any of you Delaware boys know anything about the condition/status/legality of the slate pits on the southeast side?
groundrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundrules View Post
Any of you Delaware boys know anything about the condition/status/legality of the slate pits on the southeast side?
I have a close friend that works at the Delaware PD. I can check on that.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundrules View Post
My Friend says that the Slate Pits are private property, and they have been keeping an extra eye on it to keep people outta there. Not saying don't ride there, but the word is the best in blue will be waiting when you leave.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
groundrules
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
My Friend says that the Slate Pits are private property, and they have been keeping an extra eye on it to keep people outta there. Not saying don't ride there, but the word is the best in blue will be waiting when you leave.
well, that's good enough for me to stay home

I would have been surprised to hear that it was legal, but I'm sad i don't get to relive my childhood days of riding pedal bikes back there. Probably not a huge loss, google earth makes it look like it's rutted all to hell anyway.

Thanks for checking on that though. Probably saved me an exploratory mission/ticket.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
groundrules
Beastly Adventurer

along the lines of the slate pits, I'd love to find a local screw-around area, you know, a place you could shake out any mechanical stuff, make tuning or suspension tweaks, or hone some techniques without committing to a hocking county trip or a trail ride away from the relative safety of the truck/tool box.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #15
half_price_beemer OP
Wings-it Adventurer

I'd like to find a place like that too. I'm going to start searching the county on this website. http://www.delco-gis.org/auditor/
It shows all the propety lines, and public property, it even gives owner name if you click on the land. This way I could maybe get permission to ride if I want to.
Not that I'm a goody-two-shoes, but I don't wanna tear up the land someone worked hard for.