ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #1531
Royalwapiti
McGillicuddy's pal

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by zDollar Bill
Thanks for the tip about the cafe. On my way up north, I was in a Wendy's near Altoona, and someone asked if I knew where the Bass Pro Shop was. Didn't know as I was just passing through, but seen it when I got back on the road. The sign said there is a restaurant inside Bass Pro. Might check it out sometime...
I am about 20 minutes around the Hwy 65/69 bypass from Altoona. I have heard the Bass Pro restaurant is outstanding food and service. My friend ate there and due to delays in seating his family bowled for free for an hour.

I remember thinking Cabelas food (exotic stuff like elk and buffalo) was cool until I ate it, it is always kind of blah, plain jane flavor.. Not so with bass pro i am told.

2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 Red
Royalwapiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #1532
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
Latest purchase.....74, 3speed, pretty much original other than the seat, runs well, title and cooks my Razz with my GF's daughter riding it last night.

Me (left) and an old friend I stopped to see on my way home after getting it. We had to go for a little ride. We both had these back in our youth and they were lost in a tornado a couple years back. He has since found another as well as myself. I think these were both of our first bikes.

His son's little 50cc Suzuki, 1 speed.

30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #1533
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
I was out riding mine around on saturday. Fun stuff! here is the tires I used for upgrading... $17
http://www.bikebandit.com/cheng-shin...ter-moped-tire
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #1534
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Tires on this are the original Bridgestones! I have a set of nice Kenda (I think) sitting in the basement as well.

I will likely put around on this some more, but it need a battery for lights since it's so damn dark now.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #1535
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
In other news, the Magna made it from my house to the gas station without a hiccup! (well, after I figured out my ass in the saddle was pinching a fuel hose) That's 6 miles without a malfunction folks!

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #1536
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
In other news, the Magna made it from my house to the gas station without a hiccup! (well, after I figured out my ass in the saddle was pinching a fuel hose) That's 6 miles without a malfunction folks!
When is the party?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #1537
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
Quote:
The most epic ride report on the site ever.Congrats!
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #1538
Stranded in Iowa
couch adv`r

Oddometer: 298
DSM area riders

I need a riding partner. I have to make up motorcycle noises when I`m out riding & making videos like I`m riding with someone. I`m no dirt biker by any means, but love exploring gravel roads with my KLR.

&nbsp
&nbsp

Or I must have to much time on my hands to put "cow" calls in my movies.

&nbsp
&nbsp

Nobody wants to ride with me on bike vacations because I ride to fast. This was in Montana, BTW.

Thou shalt explore the outer limits of engine-braking, backfire, and hurl fireballs from thy tailpipe.

Renting Alaska: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155041

Stranded in Iowa screwed with this post 11-09-2009 at 11:00 PM
Stranded in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #1539
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
When is the party?
I think I'm probably having another party in early December... Had a good one a couple weeks ago, somehow I feel associating the next one with the Magna will jinx it

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #1540
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I think I'm probably having another party in early December... Had a good one a couple weeks ago, somehow I feel associating the next one with the Magna will jinx it
More so not associating ADV with your party prolly made it a hit.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #1541
rj95lss
Been There

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
Nate never did ride the S out on the street. Unless he did it before 11:00am, that's when I got there. Didn't even buy anything.

They sure did have a lot of bikes there for sale! And the brats were good!
He did Friday when he took it off the trailer. I seen't it...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #1542
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,466
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded in Iowa
I need a riding partner. I have to make up motorcycle noises when I`m out riding & making videos like I`m riding with someone. I`m no dirt biker by any means, but love exploring gravel roads with my KLR.

&nbsp
&nbsp

Or I must have to much time on my hands to put "cow" calls in my movies.

&nbsp
&nbsp

Nobody wants to ride with me on bike vacations because I ride to fast. This was in Montana, BTW.

I lived 2 miles from the high bridge most of my younger life. Graduated HS in 92 from Ogden.

Haven't been to see the new bridge yet, but my buddy that lives on Hilltop greenhouses gave me some photos, he is a retired C&NW conductor.

A couple of things I did with my dirtbikes and ATV's when younger was ride around the wagon wheel bridge. In your video I got my buddies Bronco II stuck back in '93 right under there. Never did get my 78 F150 stuck under there but got her stuck under the hwy 30 bridge, the 4 lane bridge. The worst thing that happened to us back then was the Corp of Engineers shutting down the best riding area by the river. It was to the south of old hwy 30 (the 2 lane) bridge just east of the bridge. I guess they found an indian burial ground and shut her down for good!

In your video at the end of the wagon bridge there is a red looking vehicle to the right? That is where the good trails began back in the day, I don't know if they are still there.

If your bored, take a trip to the little town of Fraser IA. Head east of town on the gravel and enjoy Devils backbone, you will know the hill when you get there. If your thirsty get a drink out of the Fraser spring just south of the railroad tracks to the east of the black top. It's good water!

And hey, I'm up for a ride anytime around there, my mom still lives in Ogden!

That's all!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #1543
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 499
I rode my old TT600 back to work at noon the last two days, and will probably do it the rest of this week. It sure is nice to ride over the noon hour, but a bit nippy on my way home at 5!

I'm not sure why I keep trying to sell that bike, it's so much fun! I just need to jump on it whenever I get those feelings. My mood would surely change quick!
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
WANTED - Boss Flat Track Frames - WANTED
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #1544
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone up for a 3-4 day weekend ride mid/late April somewhere between here and Alabama? I am thinking southern MO, IL or western KY. Nothing set in stone just yet.

I have up to 6 friends I want to meet up with from there and if anyone else wants to join in, let me know. I will ride there if it's just me or will/can trailer 2 maybe 3 bikes with me and split fuel.

Terrain will be as little slab as possible, gravel, dirt, single track. Camp at night, lots of and good times to be had. We can be a rowdy bunch and have a lot of fun together. That was more of a warning than anything else.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #1545
Footprint
Rat race Dreamer

Oddometer: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Anyone up for a 3-4 day weekend ride mid/late April somewhere between here and Alabama? I am thinking southern MO, IL or western KY. Nothing set in stone just yet.

I have up to 6 friends I want to meet up with from there and if anyone else wants to join in, let me know. I will ride there if it's just me or will/can trailer 2 maybe 3 bikes with me and split fuel.

Terrain will be as little slab as possible, gravel, dirt, single track. Camp at night, lots of and good times to be had. We can be a rowdy bunch and have a lot of fun together. That was more of a warning than anything else.
Sounds fun! Can ride or trailer... if trailer will keep searching for another bike.

"If you sit around waiting for death to take you, you will miss life. Die living life to the fullest, don't live dying!" -patient
Footprint is offline   Reply With Quote