ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #166
luckyduck
Lost

Oddometer: 54
Dbq M&g

Oh man,

If it wasn't on a Saturday morning I'd scoot over and meet you all. That is the only day of the week I have scheduled work. Guess now I have to set one up for DBQ.

How about lunch at 1:00 on the 21st of March in Dubuque at the Village Inn? If anyone wants to set up a ride before that would be great, I will be working at the Farmer's Market at 11th and Central until noon. If you stop by, I have the knife sharpening stand.

Paul
Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #167
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
Add a +1 to my potential showing.

The governor might tag along if the weather is decent enough or if we don't take the bike to Burlington because she wants to ride snake alley.

If you have never heard of it here is a linky:

http://www.snakealley.com/

I never even knew it existed.

I used to race Snake Alley, many moons ago.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #168
vwdrvr66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
I also used to race there, but it was on a bike with pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr
I used to race Snake Alley, many moons ago.
vwdrvr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #169
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Here is the list for Perkins on Collins Rd, this Saturday...9:00 AM

1) KTM265
2) 30Bones (+ friends? )
3) El Guero

I was going to ride my Adventure over but tonight I went to fire it up and the battery was dead...I'll have to get a new battery this week. I charged it last week.

I'll be wearing my Alpinestars jacket so I should be easy to spot for you... I'll wait at the door for you guys.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #170
Jdubb
DL1000, WR250R

Oddometer: 137
Laugh Invitation

There are a group of riders from the area all non Harley, maybe some Buell, that get together to talk bikes once a month in Waterloo. Nothing formal, just show up anytime from 6-8 Tuesday night. In the summer some get together the Sunday after for a ride. Usually some go to the Crud Run and a number that go to track days.

"monthly get-together at L.J.'s from 6:00 - 8:00.
Stop in, have a bite and talk about the motorcycles that we will eventually get to ride!!
Ralph Longus"

Anyone welcome...have a good time. L.J.'s is a sports bar just off Kimbal Ave and on the South side of town near hwy 20. Let me know if you need more directions.

jw
Jdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #171
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
Here is the list for Perkins on Collins Rd, this Saturday...9:00 AM

1) KTM265
2) 30Bones (+ friends? )
3) El Guero

I was going to ride my Adventure over but tonight I went to fire it up and the battery was dead...I'll have to get a new battery this week. I charged it last week.

I'll be wearing my Alpinestars jacket so I should be easy to spot for you... I'll wait at the door for you guys.
I'll be on the Triumph, likely solo
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #172
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
I'll be on the Triumph, likely solo
Triumph...nice. I have like the Thruxton, almost bought one a while back.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #173
GlobalGirl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
Was just thinking for Global Girl.

If she could bring her bike and tires with her for the meet and greet, I could bring my balancer and wheel weights, tire irons and air pump.

We could swap her tires for her in the parking lot!

Just need a center stand or something to hold the bike up! Milk crate anyone?

What say you fellow inmates?

You're terrific! I'll bring the tires with me. If it works out, great. If it doesn't work out, that's okay too. I appreciate the thought anyway. I hope we have good weather that day to ride. I'm tired of the cold. Thanks very much!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #174
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
Triumph...nice. I have like the Thruxton, almost bought one a while back.
You have a 640ADV right? I bet my Duke battery is the same. If you want me to bring it tomorrow LMK and you can use it in the mean time. Also I bet yours will come back with a charge if it's not too old. I can lend you my trickle charger as well to put on it for the week? Call me in the morning around 8-8:30 if this is a go for ya.

Also Batteries + by happy joes prolly has one in stock for it.

I gotta get some sleep
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #175
DiverDn
Diver Down

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
That VFR gives me a hard-on but it is waaaaaay to rich for my blood.

So we are on for this Saturday morning at 9am at Perkins in Cedar Rapids? I should be able to make that... Can't say for sure whether I'll ride right now but it could happen. I've got a date this weekend but I can save that for Saturday night
El Guero - I was believing everything you said until you told us you had a date!

Did you transfer to U of I or did you get a job in Iowa City?
DiverDn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #176
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubb
There are a group of riders from the area all non Harley, maybe some Buell, that get together to talk bikes once a month in Waterloo. Nothing formal, just show up anytime from 6-8 Tuesday night. In the summer some get together the Sunday after for a ride. Usually some go to the Crud Run and a number that go to track days.

"monthly get-together at L.J.'s from 6:00 - 8:00.
Stop in, have a bite and talk about the motorcycles that we will eventually get to ride!!
Ralph Longus"

Anyone welcome...have a good time. L.J.'s is a sports bar just off Kimbal Ave and on the South side of town near hwy 20. Let me know if you need more directions.

jw
Dude, that's right down the street from me. One question.... How am I gonna get 3 bikes to L.J.'s? Between my father and I we have five bikes in a single stall garage. I'll have atleast one of them up there on Tuesday! Wait.... This tuesday?
Waterloo lodge #105 AF&AM
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
ShrinerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #177
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverDn
El Guero - I was believing everything you said until you told us you had a date!

Did you transfer to U of I or did you get a job in Iowa City?
I graduated from UNL and got a job at U of I, and I'll be starting grad school there in the fall. The date situation is sort of weird, I may have a funny story about that later

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:02 AM   #178
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdrvr66
I also used to race there, but it was on a bike with pedals.
My bike had pedals too.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #179
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr
My bike had pedals too.
Complete with training wheels and tassles on the bars???

Old 03-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #180
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
You have a 640ADV right? I bet my Duke battery is the same. If you want me to bring it tomorrow LMK and you can use it in the mean time. Also I bet yours will come back with a charge if it's not too old. I can lend you my trickle charger as well to put on it for the week? Call me in the morning around 8-8:30 if this is a go for ya.

Also Batteries + by happy joes prolly has one in stock for it.

I gotta get some sleep
We just need to get together and get both KTM's back up and running!!!