ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #181
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
Complete with training wheels and tassles on the bars???
After 25 laps up Snake Alley on a bicycle and you were wishing for training wheels, to keep you from falling over.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #182
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,475
Thumb Date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
I graduated from UNL and got a job at U of I, and I'll be starting grad school there in the fall. The date situation is sort of weird, I may have a funny story about that later

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #183
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,475
Talking Gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalGirl
You're terrific! I'll bring the tires with me. If it works out, great. If it doesn't work out, that's okay too. I appreciate the thought anyway. I hope we have good weather that day to ride. I'm tired of the cold. Thanks very much!
Here is the 411.

Looking at the 7 day for weather it might still be a little cold to be riding the GS to Burlington. Not for me for the boss who makes the rules in this house!

If it's too cold out we will most likely head to Nebraska to visit Grandma. If it's going to be warm out we will head to Burlington Thursday morning, stay a few nights, and then meet everyone Saturday morning.

Since the diner has a small parking lot, I was thinking of heading out to Riverside OHV area. They have picnic tables under a shelter, that we could pull together and that could be the stand for the wheel balancer. Then when GG has her knobbies on her bike she could take it for a quick spin in the OHV park. If you have extra innertubes it might be wise to bring them. You never know about a pinch flat.

I will post here if the weather is going to be bad and we go to Lincoln NE.

Global Girl please tell me your axle nut size, that way I know what size to bring with me. I don't know if your OEM tool kit is worth a hoot or not.

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #184
YZFBogie
Two Wheels Forever!

Oddometer: 449
Nice meeting up and BS'ing for a bit this morning. Sorry I didn't get everyones first names in my skull.

Bogie - Me "Brian"

30Bones - Chris

Deputy's name - ??????

Guy with the sweet Red Triumph - ??????

El Guero AKA "El Eato Lotso Breakfasto" - Austin

"When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

YZFBogie screwed with this post 03-14-2009 at 07:44 PM
YZFBogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #185
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
I am also known as "Austin", in real-world circles

Hey KTM (I don't remember your name either ), go ahead and post pics of that bike, if I'm going to try to do something stupid, I should at least be informed.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #186
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,530
Hi All,
I don't check the regional forums much for some reason.
I'm in up in the Okoboji area.

WeeStrom and KLX400SM
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #187
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
KTM265 is Ray.

Nice to meet everyone. I am gonna take a nap (just got home) and get out and ride some. Brian, wanna go break in that R1 proper?
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #188
MetalBender
none

Oddometer: 599
Thumb

Shenandoah Iowa
MetalBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #189
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Hey guys, it was great hanging out and sharing some stories of the roads, trails and cops... OK, maybe I should have spoke up sooner when you started on the cop stories but it was fun...

I was talking to Chris and we would like to make this atleast a monthly gathering. Grab a breakfast and ride out from there... I turned the wrenches on my KTM 640 Adventure and have it up and running. Looking forward to enjoying some rides with you all.

Yes... I have my Ducati pictures...I'll get them posted but they are on my work computer so I'll try to get them posted tomorrow during lunch.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #190
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Yes... I have my Ducati pictures...I'll get them posted but they are on my work computer so I'll try to get them posted tomorrow during lunch.
How about you just PM them to me... I locked up the motor on the Magna yesterday, and suddenly I am much more serious about that bike

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #191
YZFBogie
Two Wheels Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
KTM265 is Ray.

Nice to meet everyone. I am gonna take a nap (just got home) and get out and ride some. Brian, wanna go break in that R1 proper?
I had the phone near me incase you called to ride Chris. I ended up catching the crud that my wife had and felt like crap all freakin' day. Stuff even feels worse today. May not even go into work today.

I kept hearing bikes go by my place and it made me

"When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"
Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #192
YZFBogie
Two Wheels Forever!

Quote:

I was talking to Chris and we would like to make this atleast a monthly gathering. Grab a breakfast and ride out from there... I turned the wrenches on my KTM 640 Adventure and have it up and running. Looking forward to enjoying some rides with you all.
Sounds good!!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #193
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFBogie
I had the phone near me incase you called to ride Chris. I ended up catching the crud that my wife had and felt like crap all freakin' day. Stuff even feels worse today. May not even go into work today.

I kept hearing bikes go by my place and it made me
I went to Amana and farther west to Marenngo, Blairstown, Norway, etc. I got tired, I need to get into better shape for real rides.

Nice to meet everyone
Old 03-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #194
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
30Bone... Weather was just begging for that Duke to be ridden today!!! Sure you don't need a few of us to keep the dust from gathering on it???
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #195
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
30Bone... Weather was just begging for that Duke to be ridden today!!! Sure you don't need a few of us to keep the dust from gathering on it???
If it ran I would have been on it Saturday. Waiting on parts to get it running. Hope they are at home now and I am lucky enough tonight to get it fired up.