ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #2071
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95lss
WHAT??? Can't say I saw that coming... Good luck with the sale, I doubt it will be hard to sell it with all the extras at that price.
If I keep it I keep it. I just don't see m e using it much this summer as I had hoped other than maybe run the twat if I have the time.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #2072
wfrank
Longshot

Oddometer: 3
GCDV Ride

Anyone out there done the continetial divide ride. Two old guys on klr650's going the last two weeks of july for just a relaxed ride. Room for others if the slow pace fits your mode.
wfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #2073
Stranded in Iowa
couch adv`r

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrank
Anyone out there done the continetial divide ride. Two old guys on klr650's going the last two weeks of july for just a relaxed ride. Room for others if the slow pace fits your mode.
I`ll be heading the same way in the last two weeks of July except my destination is in Red Lodge & Darby (West Fest ADV Rally) Montana.
Looks like I`ll be trailering the KLR for a nice change.

I can`t help to think that if by chance if your going up to Montana, it might be benificial to keep in touch with me since I`ll be having a trailer, aye?

Thou shalt explore the outer limits of engine-braking, backfire, and hurl fireballs from thy tailpipe.

Renting Alaska: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155041
Stranded in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #2074
choochooman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Great River Ride

I did that ride a couple of years ago....great time and met some great folks! Would love to do it again but alas not this year. I'll have to put new knobbies on for the trip as I have aggresive road tires....knobbies are needed! Some of the other rides look good too but I'll need GPS....I've been so lost I thought I'd never find my way out but your longer rides....oh my I'd be found talking to the squirrils, out of gas, and naked....

So one day rides with the rookies and slower folks is really my speed and it was great fun and a wonderful experience last time...I'll be doing it agin!

Just returned from Wisconsin and a 3 day ATV adventure. Great time had by all. Lots of dust, wet cold adult beverages and lies by the camp fires.
Be well and have fun!
choochooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #2075
West of the Miss
n00b

GCDV Ride

I would be interested to hear what you are planning. I've PM'ed you for more info. I've ridden in Colorado and Moab area a little. Always interested in a new adventure!
West of the Miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #2076
wfrank
Longshot

CDV ride

Time period open- July 18- Aug 8
Trailer bikes out enclosed trailer to starting point or near it (Cannada border near Glacier National Park). Had hoped to have an RV and driver to tag us on the ride for a stopping point at night but some area's are to isolated so some camping or staying in accomadations along the trail may be necessary. Don't have a driver yet, too many things going on. As we will not push to hard I don't know how many miles per day. Depends on the country, most reports shot for several hundred miles or more each day. Probably will only get as far as or into Colorado this trip. I have the maps and my brother has a GPS but we haven't loaded it yet. Going to the Springfield Mile weekend races and will try and get a little more put together then. Spent a week last year on the road hitting Colorado High Passes.
wfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #2077
Stranded in Iowa
couch adv`r

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrank
Time period open- July 18- Aug 8
Trailer bikes out enclosed trailer to starting point or near it (Cannada border near Glacier National Park). Had hoped to have an RV and driver to tag us on the ride for a stopping point at night but some area's are to isolated so some camping or staying in accomadations along the trail may be necessary. Don't have a driver yet, too many things going on. As we will not push to hard I don't know how many miles per day. Depends on the country, most reports shot for several hundred miles or more each day. Probably will only get as far as or into Colorado this trip. I have the maps and my brother has a GPS but we haven't loaded it yet. Going to the Springfield Mile weekend races and will try and get a little more put together then. Spent a week last year on the road hitting Colorado High Passes.
That`s the exact same time I`m leaving with my trailer and KLR, And in the same direction. LoL. Hey don`t forget to wave

Thou shalt explore the outer limits of engine-braking, backfire, and hurl fireballs from thy tailpipe.

Renting Alaska: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155041
Stranded in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #2078
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Hoping the Husky is sold, then this happens last night.

I am fine, the bike is a loss I imagine. Bent forks, all plastic busted and who knows what else I can't see. Frame?? Notice the helmet dent in the trunk in front of me. $500 Shoei did it's job and I am just a tad sore. I'll get into details later.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:07 AM   #2079
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones

I am fine, the bike is a loss I imagine. Bent forks, all plastic busted and who knows what else I can't see. Frame?? Notice the helmet dent in the trunk in front of me. $500 Shoei did it's job and I am just a tad sore. I'll get into details later.

Picture no worky.

Hope your doing okay! Bikes can be replaced!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #2080
rj95lss
Scrambler Wanted...

Oddometer: 201
Quote:

Chris, man I hope you are OK.... Let me know if you need anything or help in any way, seriously.

Did you rear-end that Chevy? Did you keep it up or did you just pick it up before the photo? What happened?
'75 CB400f Super Sport
'75 CB360
rj95lss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #2081
Bultaco206
Back-to-back motos suck

Oddometer: 1,853
Quote:

Damn. :(
Old 05-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #2082
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95lss
Chris, man I hope you are OK.... Let me know if you need anything or help in any way, seriously.

Did you rear-end that Chevy? Did you keep it up or did you just pick it up before the photo? What happened?
Smugmug has been a hooker lately

Cliff notes
Lady in front of me hit the brakes going through a green light and I hit her. Notice my helmet dent in her trunk. She has no insurance!!! One lady gave me her info as a witness. Waiting to hear from claims and what this witness has to say.

Obama will fix it

Appears the frame might be tweaked. Forks are bent, all plastic is broke and I am sure more that I can't see. Pics are here
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #2083
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Smugmug has been a hooker lately

Cliff notes
Lady in front of me hit the brakes going through a green light and I hit her. Notice my helmet dent in her trunk. She has no insurance!!! One lady gave me her info as a witness. Waiting to hear from claims and what this witness has to say.

Obama will fix it

Appears the frame might be tweaked. Forks are bent, all plastic is broke and I am sure more that I can't see. Pics are here
Better keep the husky!

Glad your okay, and I hope to see you at the Amana's!

I'm getting me a Shoei!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #2084
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
Better keep the husky!

Glad your okay, and I hope to see you at the Amana's!

I'm getting me a Shoei!
Depending on insurance, the husky may have to go or I am taking it off the chopping block. I'll be there either way....even on a Harley.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #2085
rj95lss
Scrambler Wanted...

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Depending on insurance, the husky may have to go or I am taking it off the chopping block. I'll be there either way....even on a Harley.
When you get the check - http://iowacity.craigslist.org/mcy/1759760915.html.
'75 CB400f Super Sport
'75 CB360
rj95lss is offline   Reply With Quote