ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #2086
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95lss
When the bank gets the check - .
Fixed it for ya. I am not buying a replacement yet. Maybe next year. Maybe not a sprint. Thinking another VFR, but we will see.
30Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #2087
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,725
Damn Chris that sucks... Hope you get something figured out. Go figure it was the bike you were planning on keeping huh
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #2088
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
Damn Chris that sucks... Hope you get something figured out. Go figure it was the bike you were planning on keeping huh
It's all replaceable. Exhaust, etc is already off and for sale. I will look into a replacement next season depending on how this pans out. Likely an older (read cheaper) VFR or another Sprint.
30Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #2089
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
It's all replaceable. Exhaust, etc is already off and for sale. I will look into a replacement next season depending on how this pans out. Likely an older (read cheaper) VFR or another Sprint.
Well maybe I'll have to let you take the ST for a spin when you are about to start shopping... Who knows, you might like a real old man's bike

(and it might keep you out of trouble )
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #2090
xianx
High On Life
 
xianx's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: nunyabidness
Oddometer: 132
Whats up gang!?

Im Ian, from just north of Des Moines. Im pretty new to this adventure riding biz so please, be gentle, its my first time... (<----this is weird cuz i dont drink but it seemed appropriate)
xianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #2091
Cap'n Crunch
Smelly Adventurer
 
Cap'n Crunch's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Iowa, Paleozoic Plateau
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by xianx
Im Ian, from just north of Des Moines. Im pretty new to this adventure riding biz so please, be gentle, its my first time... (<----this is weird cuz i dont drink but it seemed appropriate)
Howdy Ian, Welcome to the forum.
this is weird cuz i dont wave at oncoming motorcycles, but it seemed appropriate.
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #2092
YZFBogie
Two Wheels Forever!
 
YZFBogie's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Marion ,IA
Oddometer: 409
Damn Chris!!

Sorry about the bike but glad you are here to tell the story.

Figures she didn't have insurance!!!
YZFBogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:47 AM   #2093
Too Many Toys
Adventure Poseur
 
Too Many Toys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Just off the Lincoln hiway in Ioway & Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 1,200
Should have posted this here, DVDub's excellent adventure...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...referrerid=861
__________________
TMT
Too Many Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #2094
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFBogie
Damn Chris!!

Sorry about the bike but glad you are here to tell the story.

Figures she didn't have insurance!!!
Thanks B

Bike estimate was $5500 plus a Shoei RF1000. My guess is it's totaled. Waiting to hear from claims
30Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #2095
MikeFromMT
Past Tense
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Not in MT, for now.
Oddometer: 3,671
That sucks about your bike Bones, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for any claim against the car driver (even if she had insurance) don't be surprised if she files a claim against yours, I'm surprised you didn't get a ticket for following too close, yet.
__________________
Tommy, what you ridin' there?
Uh... Roll top desk!


Do I look like a man with a plan?
MikeFromMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #2096
YZFBogie
Two Wheels Forever!
 
YZFBogie's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Marion ,IA
Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Thanks B

Bike estimate was $5500 plus a Shoei RF1000. My guess is it's totaled. Waiting to hear from claims
If you need any help moving stuff around while your healing let me know.
YZFBogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #2097
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMT
That sucks about your bike Bones, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for any claim against the car driver (even if she had insurance) don't be surprised if she files a claim against yours, I'm surprised you didn't get a ticket for following too close, yet.
could care less about her trunk lid on her 96 cavelier if my insurance fixes it so be it. Won't be much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFBogie
If you need any help moving stuff around while your healing let me know.
I never got hurt at all bit thanks. I do have a bum knee now after a 2am drunken moped rally.....the razz is far from mint now lol
30Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #2098
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Anamosa Hill Climb Sunday June 6th at noon. Swap met at 10.

$10 admission.

On the fence if I wanna go mullet hunting or not
30Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #2099
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Anamosa Hill Climb Sunday June 6th at noon. Swap met at 10.

$10 admission.

On the fence if I wanna go mullet hunting or not
Ooooh... I wanna go see that this year. I hope I don't have anything to do at work...
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #2100
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
Ooooh... I wanna go see that this year. I hope I don't have anything to do at work...
LMK if you are headed up and I will try to make it.
30Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014