ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #2416
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer
 
ts3doug's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 716
he works for alliant energy, had a choice of 2 places, he picked iowa falls. personally i love the area, i try to golf pine lake at least once a year, and stop for a beer at gary's weld shop in wellsburg.
ts3doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #2417
mxchamp
Registered Lurker
 
mxchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
Oddometer: 1,393
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3doug View Post
he works for alliant energy, had a choice of 2 places, he picked iowa falls. personally i love the area, i try to golf pine lake at least once a year, and stop for a beer at gary's weld shop in wellsburg.
Pine lake is beautiful because it is a non motorized lake. I would actually swim in pine lake.

The hail storm ruined the trees around the lake but it gives you a better view of the sun bathers in the middle of summer on the beach!
__________________
Ride safe!!!!
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #2418
Calkins
On Any Sunday...
 
Calkins's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Iowa Falls, Iowa
Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp View Post
Calkins, you a welder?????
No, I am not a welder, all tho I think I could fake it if I had too.

I am also not a HarDley fan. But, I hope this little story is true, for the town's sake. It just doesn't sound like a very likey thing in my head. This is the first I have heard of it.

An old racin buddy of mine has a cabin at Pine Lake. I have been looking for a reason to stop by and have a few sour colas. Maybe we can make a trip of it.
__________________
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa USA
1973 Yamaha RT3 - BECOMING A FLAT TRACKER!
1982 Yamaha XT250 - FOR SALE
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #2419
mxchamp
Registered Lurker
 
mxchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
Oddometer: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkins View Post
No, I am not a welder, all tho I think I could fake it if I had too.

I am also not a HarDley fan. But, I hope this little story is true, for the town's sake. It just doesn't sound like a very likey thing in my head. This is the first I have heard of it.

An old racin buddy of mine has a cabin at Pine Lake. I have been looking for a reason to stop by and have a few sour colas. Maybe we can make a trip of it.
Yo Calkins.

Did you eat chow this afternoon at HyVee?

I was there stalking you.

Did you go to cambells for the show?
__________________
Ride safe!!!!
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #2420
Calkins
On Any Sunday...
 
Calkins's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Iowa Falls, Iowa
Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp View Post
Yo Calkins.

Did you eat chow this afternoon at HyVee?

I was there stalking you.

Did you go to cambells for the show?
I did grab food from HyVee. And no, I haven't checked out the show. It's the same company, so I already know what's there. I'll let the freeloaders grab free lunch
__________________
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa USA
1973 Yamaha RT3 - BECOMING A FLAT TRACKER!
1982 Yamaha XT250 - FOR SALE
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #2421
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer
 
ts3doug's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp View Post
Pine lake is beautiful because it is a non motorized lake. I would actually swim in pine lake.

The hail storm ruined the trees around the lake but it gives you a better view of the sun bathers in the middle of summer on the beach!

good thing about that beach is you free sunscreen they supply. i wonder what spf goose poop is anyway
ts3doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #2422
O-man21
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 68
New rider in Iowa City!


Picked this up a week ago to learn on and commute to my classes. So far, I've put 250 miles on it!




O-man21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #2423
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Orangecicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Oddometer: 2,062
MXCHAMP, good to meet the man behind that avatar today at MotoSports. Don't listen to your wife -- DON'T CHANGE THE AVATAR!
__________________
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann
"Loud tires save lives." -- Unknown
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #2424
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Orangecicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-man21 View Post
New rider in Iowa City!


Picked this up a week ago to learn on and commute to my classes. So far, I've put 250 miles on it!
Very nice. I had an EX500 back in about 1990.
__________________
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann
"Loud tires save lives." -- Unknown
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #2425
mxchamp
Registered Lurker
 
mxchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
Oddometer: 1,393
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
MXCHAMP, good to meet the man behind that avatar today at MotoSports. Don't listen to your wife -- DON'T CHANGE THE AVATAR!
Orangecicle has a much better looking bike in person!

Enjoy the oil change!

Nice to meet you today as well!
__________________
Ride safe!!!!
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #2426
ts3doug
Studly Adventurer
 
ts3doug's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 716
orange isnt bad, at least its not snot green











please do be ignoring the chicken strips, had pretty much all interstate time on those tires after a road tirp to north carolina

ts3doug screwed with this post 03-27-2011 at 11:38 AM
ts3doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #2427
Calkins
On Any Sunday...
 
Calkins's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Iowa Falls, Iowa
Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3doug View Post
That makes my pants tight
__________________
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa USA
1973 Yamaha RT3 - BECOMING A FLAT TRACKER!
1982 Yamaha XT250 - FOR SALE
2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #2428
mxchamp
Registered Lurker
 
mxchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
Oddometer: 1,393
Question Warm N safe.

Hey Orangesickle.

What size were those W N S gloves of yours that I tried on the other day.

I am looking to order a pair.

Thanks!
__________________
Ride safe!!!!
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #2429
purelick
DIRTRIDER
 
purelick's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: DEEP IN THE DUST
Oddometer: 747
VACATION plans

IM going to spencer IA, IN JULY 2011. is there any single track around there for a DIRT RIDER? or any place I should go to ride ?
purelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #2430
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Orangecicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp View Post
Hey Orangesickle.

What size were those W N S gloves of yours that I tried on the other day.

I am looking to order a pair.

Thanks!
Mine are Medium, and I feel that they fit like a Medium glove should. Send them an e-mail, note that you heard of them from ADV, and ask if they have any specials. They might cut you a deal. Great people to deal with.

My gloves are the touring gloves that have the waterproof liner but not the carbon fiber bits. I've used them in the rain, and they really are pretty waterproof.

Good luck.

Let's go ridin' sometime.
__________________
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann
"Loud tires save lives." -- Unknown
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014