ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #301
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
OK guys... 600 is a swamp right now.

Bones... I'm in for breakfast at Jefferson HS... My neighbor is coming, the one that owns that Ducanti Monster.

Anyone interested in meeting for supper on Monday night? My riding club, EITT has it's monthly meeting Monday night at Hale Supper Club in Hale IA... I'm trying to expand the social side of the club more and open it up to some dual sport riding. I talked to the club president and he was excited about it. They host a hare scramble race every year and we could set up dual sport ride that would end at the race and we would be allowed to ride the course. In exchange for opening the race course to us, we would pull the race markers for them as we make our way around. Be a lot of fun and we would get some good off-road riding in... I need to show some support for this idea and can use a few dual sport riders to show up at the meeting.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #302
craig6785
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
OK guys... 600 is a swamp right now.

Bones... I'm in for breakfast at Jefferson HS... My neighbor is coming, the one that owns that Ducanti Monster.

Anyone interested in meeting for supper on Monday night? My riding club, EITT has it's monthly meeting Monday night at Hale Supper Club in Hale IA... I'm trying to expand the social side of the club more and open it up to some dual sport riding. I talked to the club president and he was excited about it. They host a hare scramble race every year and we could set up dual sport ride that would end at the race and we would be allowed to ride the course. In exchange for opening the race course to us, we would pull the race markers for them as we make our way around. Be a lot of fun and we would get some good off-road riding in... I need to show some support for this idea and can use a few dual sport riders to show up at the meeting.
What Time does the shindig start? It sounds like it could be fun. I have wanted to make it to that race since I moved to Maquoketa. I have herd good things about the Hale supper club too. So the possibility of a good meal and great riding sounds like a trip that needs to be made.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #303
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

Oddometer: 1,173
Ok, who the hell ordered the snow?! I can't believe the number of tards I saw driving with thier lights turned off. Shoot, flashing lights at people did nothing at all.
Waterloo lodge #105 AF&AM
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
ShrinerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #304
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinerDan
Ok, who the hell ordered the snow?! I can't believe the number of tards I saw driving with thier lights turned off. Shoot, flashing lights at people did nothing at all.
No snow here, brewing beer and it's just cold
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #305
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Dinner for EITT at Hale is at 6P and meeting at 7P... I really need some support to set this up for dual sport riders.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #306
powerstroke
Dirt Bagger

Oddometer: 59
KTM265 -- EITT? can you fill me in?

What in the world does that mean? ( EITT)
powerstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #307
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Eastern Iowa Trail Tamers

Old 04-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #308
powerstroke
Dirt Bagger

need any visiters from central iowa-( CIDB )

CIDB - Cental Iowa Dirt Baggers , we only have a few fellow dirt baggers so far but looking for others to ride with,

L8r
Old 04-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #309
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke
CIDB - Cental Iowa Dirt Baggers , we only have a few fellow dirt baggers so far but looking for others to ride with,

L8r
My goal is to gather up a bunch of the Eastern Iowa dual sport guys, get some organization going and start planning some fun rides. I would like to get with some of the Dist 22 clubs, we dual sport ride to their hare scambles and watch then after the race we go around the course helping the host clubs and pull down markers for them before heading back...get some off-road time on the bikes. First step is to get with one of these clubs and EITT needs a boost in members and help. Good opportunity to get started.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #310
powerstroke
Dirt Bagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
My goal is to gather up a bunch of the Eastern Iowa dual sport guys, get some organization going and start planning some fun rides. I would like to get with some of the Dist 22 clubs, we dual sport ride to their hare scambles and watch then after the race we go around the course helping the host clubs and pull down markers for them before heading back...get some off-road time on the bikes. First step is to get with one of these clubs and EITT needs a boost in members and help. Good opportunity to get started.
A few of us have stopped by the Anamosa climb in a few years past. We try to head through stone city and some other roads around on the way back.
Is dickeyville in bad shape? Did it get flooded?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #311
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Haven't heard, they re-routed the highway around Dickeyville a couple of years ago.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #312
powerstroke
Dirt Bagger

Logan hill climb?

This isnt in district 22 but isnt there a climb in Logan Iowa over north of Avoca later this month?
I will have to check that out it might be a nice ride over
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #313
NameHere
like rust in a spray can

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke
This isnt in district 22 but isnt there a climb in Logan Iowa over north of Avoca later this month?
I will have to check that out it might be a nice ride over
Si, Mr. Powerstroke:

It's in Logan, Iowa, on the 19th. I think I'll be there with the brood.

Linky.
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20
NameHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #314
choochooman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
"eatin & ridin"

Hey mxchamps
Saw your note on getting together for chow and a ride on April 7th at the Westside Casey's. Are these rides mostly Enduro type adventure riders or the bikes that would never dare enter the woods...
Looking forward to catching a ride with ya"ll when I'm in town...
choochooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #315
mynutz1963
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
stuck in souther Iowa

Am I the only dual sporter in the oskaloosa area....I would love to get together with some of you guys... you all need to move closer
mynutz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote