ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #3286
Jdubb
DL1000, WR250R

Oddometer: 138
Missouri bridges Ride

Doyle & I just got back from the bridges ride this AM about 11. We left Friday AM and covered about 1200 miles. Friday we covered about 412 miles including only county blacktops and about 80 miles of back dirt and gravel. We rode the route except for the last few miles that go back to the start and insrtead turned North to Herman. I would guess there were about 75 riders. There has been no rain there...major dust. We managed to work up to the front both days except for one guy from Kansas. Nice roads...maybe one area that was a bit technical....lots of new gravel and I think they graded most of them the week before for us. No real water but a lot of crossings. This seems to be a big social event with a lot of Missouri guys. They haul in to the start. I think for a lot of them it is a nice trail ride so they can take over the parking lot at the Best Western Saturday evening till all hours. Big Dog was there but did not see Cannon shot. There are pics on the ADV regional site.

Here are a few pictures

https://plus.google.com/photos/11842...CPbqnovUs7OvOg
Jdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #3287
halcyon rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandinIowa View Post
I also was at Gina's and met halcyon rider and his buddies. Thank you halcyon for swaping me seats as it seems to be an improvment. .......
thank you randiniowa for the seat swap, it does seem better.
thanks to gina for hosting a fun day of stunts, food, and bikes.
halcyon rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #3288
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 431
So heading over to MotoSports for lunch. Apparently, my bike is victim of the mushy back brakes. Found out the hard way yesterday on the way in while I was going through some water on the road and needed to slow down in a hurry. Imagine my surprise when the peddle bottomed out before any resistance from the rear.

Picked up a moto-specific GPS instead of having to adapt my extra car one.
My next mods/upgrades are going to be MoTech crash bars, a taller/wider screen and a few electrical upgrades.
Hoping that about the time my tires need replaced that the Conti TKC80s in my size are available. Stoked about those as my biggest complaint about the bike so far has simply been the tires and their lack of anything resembling bite off the highway.
Ducati in The Rockies 2014 RR
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #3289
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
So heading over to MotoSports for lunch. Apparently, my bike is victim of the mushy back brakes. Found out the hard way yesterday on the way in while I was going through some water on the road and needed to slow down in a hurry. Imagine my surprise when the peddle bottomed out before any resistance from the rear.

Picked up a moto-specific GPS instead of having to adapt my extra car one.
My next mods/upgrades are going to be MoTech crash bars, a taller/wider screen and a few electrical upgrades.
Hoping that about the time my tires need replaced that the Conti TKC80s in my size are available. Stoked about those as my biggest complaint about the bike so far has simply been the tires and their lack of anything resembling bite off the highway.
I'd work on that bland color. You should paint it bright metallic orange or something. :)
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #3290
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
I'd work on that bland color. You should paint it bright metallic orange or something. :)
And to think that I was actually saying nice things about your bike to Ron...

Got the rear brake sorted, Joel showed me how to do a few maintenance items and I got my GPS on the way. Been a good week so far for bike stuff. Now if my windscreen and crash bars would hurry up and get here hehe.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #3291
choochooman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
Went to Gena's. Had a good time there and back. Wished I'd have met more of you. Enjoyed the stunt rider very much he's very talented!
So where or what is Gena's We could gather there WRW....I owe ya buddy! See ya again....
choochooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #3292
Overlordjdl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochooman View Post
So where or what is Gena's We could gather there WRW....I owe ya buddy! See ya again....
It is actually Gina's BMW. In Iowa city.

2010 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo
2009 BMW G650GS
2009 Husqvarna TE250
Overlordjdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #3293
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
On the way to work I took a short cut, tuned out to be a deadend and I got to turn around and go back up this.
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #3294
Fallacy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
That looks like a lot of fun, well, after you got turned around.
Fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #3295
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Anyone doing the Flat Four this year?
Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #3296
lmyamen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Headed to Eureka Springs Arkansas for camping and riding this Friday through Monday on my R90. Looks like the weather will be pretty fantastic for riding this weekend. Got the bike ready last night, replaced the points, new spark plugs, and an oil/filter change. I remembered the bike came with the original backrest for the passenger so I cleaned it up and bolted it up for my wife to use this weekend. I really do not like how it looks on the bike but I know my wife will love having it on for the trip. It will be promptly changed back to the grab bar when I get back.

with the back rest.
lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #3297
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Imyamen
Check out my R.R. on The Pig Trail.
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=3267.0
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #3298
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
Warm one

I slipped into Iowa at Clinton and rode route 30 for while, till taking 38 north. To 64 then into Anamosa to the motorcycle museum yesterday. Very nice spot to spend hours looking at all the bikes. Met a fellow rider just as I was leaving and looking for a place to eat. He said to try Stone City,as they have some good food. Walked outside into a very warm afternoon, and bright sunshine. I rode to Stone City, but it was closed, so back tracked to Anamosa for lunch. A quick run up to J P Cycle for a look around. Pulled the liner out of the jacket for the ride home, and was still sweating when ever I had to slow down or stop. KInd of just headed east and knew I had to also go south so worked my way back that way to cross over again at Clinton. Some very nice roads with very little traffic one you get off 30. I sure enjoyed the warm day, riding.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #3299
lmyamen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
Imyamen
Check out my R.R. on The Pig Trail.
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=3267.0

Thanks for sharing! I am getting excited to take off. Bike seems to be running great after the tune up and I am ready to go.
lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #3300
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
lmyamen:

I talked to your dad at Gina's. If he's the one on the Boss Hogg. Sorry I missed ya! I rode in on a Black S/10.
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote