ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #601
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Can we go anyplace other than Perkins? I don't care where, just prefer ma n pops kinda places. There's a ton around here, pick one up north and I'll be there.
I already got put the word about about Perkins tomorrow... We can pick a new location tomorrow and see where everyone wants to meet for the next breakfast. I agree Perkins is gettng a little old.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #602
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
I already got put the word about about Perkins tomorrow... We can pick a new location tomorrow and see where everyone wants to meet for the next breakfast. I agree Perkins is gettng a little old.
I have a few non ADV'ers coming to Spring house. I am there at 9:30 ish. Not trying to ruffle feathers and don't care either way, but they don't see this thread is all. It's too late to call them now. If we are at SH and need to go to Perkins, we can do that. I will call you tomorrow with the skinny. I am shot, 2 hours of shotgun moving took 5
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #603
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Back from breakfast and nice ride over to Stone City. Kevin was leading the way. I had the Go Pro with me but didn't change the batteries...no video. Still had a great morning ride though...
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #604
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,726
Turns out I have to move now ... Anybody want to help me transport a Magna in case I don't have it back together again by the 22nd? Goddamn USPS!

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #605
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

condo sell? that sucks, you needed to use that place to your advantage I have a trailer and can help depending on when and where to

KTM runs again, better than ever. Super simple, I am back on the KTM kool-aid.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #606
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
condo sell? that sucks, you needed to use that place to your advantage I have a trailer and can help depending on when and where to

KTM runs again, better than ever. Super simple, I am back on the KTM kool-aid.
Yep, condo is selling. I've got my eye on this place out in the country on the east side now. It'll cost a lot more, but it'll have tons of space for my shitty motorcycles!

And on the KTM, give it a week

Old 05-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #607
CR_TurboGuy
Iowhat?

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
Back from breakfast and nice ride over to Stone City. Kevin was leading the way. I had the Go Pro with me but didn't change the batteries...no video. Still had a great morning ride though...
Breakfast was great, I vote for more local breakfast places for the future!

Afterward, I rode up to McGrath to test ride an 08 WeeStrom. Very nice bike. Felt light for such a big looking bike. It & a DR400 might replace the mighty XT if I can ever afford it.

--JOsh
Old 05-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #608
CR_TurboGuy
Iowhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
Turns out I have to move now ... Anybody want to help me transport a Magna in case I don't have it back together again by the 22nd? Goddamn USPS!
Have too much experience moving, but willing to give a hand if you need it. I've also got a trailer & access to a full-size truck & 16 ft flatbed car trailer if needed.

--JOsh
Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #609
CR_TurboGuy
Iowhat?

Anyone else going to the Amana BMW rally? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468910

Also, hill climb in Anamosa next Sunday, think Bones & I are gonna roll to it provided decent weather. Anyone else up for it? Interesting people watching there...

--JOsh
Old 05-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #610
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR_TurboGuy
Anyone else going to the Amana BMW rally? http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468910

Also, hill climb in Anamosa next Sunday, think Bones & I are gonna roll to it provided decent weather. Anyone else up for it? Interesting people watching there...

--JOsh
I'd like to check out the hill climb, if I'm not moving

Old 05-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #611
Too Many Toys
Adventure Poseur

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:

--JOsh
Don't know if you want me going to the hill climb. Been there twice & each time someone broke a major appendage within 20 minutes of me arriving & the event went on hold waiting for a backup meat wagon. :)

You are correct though Josh, the people watching is GOOD!

Scott
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #612
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,481
I will be at the hillclimb.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 AM   #613
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Hillclimb here also.

Austin, too bad you are in C'ville I rented my basement last summer for what you are paying now and you'd have garage space too.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #614
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

--JOsh
I have to be in Des Moines so I'm out...

Old 05-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #615
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
Don't know if you want me going to the hill climb. Been there twice & each time someone broke a major appendage within 20 minutes of me arriving & the event went on hold waiting for a backup meat wagon. :)

You are correct though Josh, the people watching is GOOD!

Scott
Scott... Sorry we couldn't find you at the races. My youngest and I got there around 6:30 or so... Stayed for the rest of the night. I had 2 good friends racing in the 40 plus class. They finished 1st and 2nd so we had a good night.