ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #106
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjydrafter
Have any of you been to the CR swap meet before?

I'm guess since it's sponsered by J&P it's a lot of Harley stuff, not that there is anything wrong with that...

Just curious.
I imagine you are correct. I have never been to one personally. I might check it out if i am up and running around then. Might be to chilly/rainy Sunday to ride, but if you see a chump on a sprint, say hi.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #107
mjydrafter
evil boy for life

Oddometer: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
I imagine you are correct. I have never been to one personally. I might check it out if i am up and running around then. Might be to chilly/rainy Sunday to ride, but if you see a chump on a sprint, say hi.
Ha, I would absolutely say hi.

I would guess if I went, knowing my luck, it would be nothing but chrome gee-gaws and leather chaps. If I don't go, it'll be all Africa twins, and enduro stuff...
Yes! Whenever bicycles are broken, or menaced by International Communism, Bicycle Repair Man is ready!
mjydrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #108
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

I doubt I'd drive from DM for it to be honest. I bet all of an hour and you will see all you need to see, grab lunch and head for home.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #109
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
What are you looking for and what size are ya? I might have some stuff I could stand to liquidate.

Name a time and a place and I will try to be there. We riding after? Dual sport stuff? Reason I ask is the KTM is down and has a well worn rear (street tire)
Weather permiting... I'm game for a little riding. We mentioned Mt Vernon, if we're riding... If the weather is bad, how about Perkins on Collins Rd in Cedar Rapids.
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #110
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
Weather permiting... I'm game for a little riding. We mentioned Mt Vernon, if we're riding... If the weather is bad, how about Perkins on Collins Rd in Cedar Rapids.
I can do that. I like Ma n Pop places, but whatever works is fine by me. It's just eggs, bacon n 'browns
Old 03-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #111
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265
I think I'll probably take the Magna in any case so I'm not really interested in any trail riding, if that matters

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #112
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
What are you looking for and what size are ya? I might have some stuff I could stand to liquidate.
My size varies on manufacturer. I can be called a medium, large, or even extra large. I'm about 6' and 175. 34x32 or 34 pants and 42 regular jackets.
Waterloo lodge #105 AF&AM
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
ShrinerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #113
GlobalGirl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
What'd you end up with? Distanza's are spendy and the TKC's are a bit cheaper, but I am a former KLR owner and want $75 sets of tires.
I believe they're AM43 and AM44 tires from Avon that are dual-sport. They already shipped them out today, so that was pretty fast. Hopefully they'll be here in a few days. I wonder if I should go back to King's to put them on since I got the bike there, or if Leer's would be more reasonable. I haven't priced either place out.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 AM   #114
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalGirl
I believe they're AM43 and AM44 tires from Avon that are dual-sport. They already shipped them out today, so that was pretty fast. Hopefully they'll be here in a few days. I wonder if I should go back to King's to put them on since I got the bike there, or if Leer's would be more reasonable. I haven't priced either place out.
If you were in CR I'd mount them up for ya. I know the dealer here told me $75/tire with YOU bringing the rim in. I laughed. I am used to big cities where if you buy them from them, they mount for free. Those were the days.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #115
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,393
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPowered
Where did you get your X?
If I'm in the market for a KTM990 Adventure, then I'm off to Moline ... that's the closest to Cedar Rapids?
Did you do a RR for you trip to MOAB? ... link?
Sorry I haven't been lurking lately on this thread.

I bought my X challenge at Gina's BMW in Iowa City. I buy all my bikes from her. 7 in total up to date. That's including 2 bikes for the wife.

I did do a RR to Moab but that was about 2 years ago and all the photos are probably gone by now. I didn't do a RR for lasts years trip because I got lazy this winter and pretty much didn't do anything but buy another new bike.

You will have to go to Moline for a 990.

Also Bak BMW/Victory/KTM in Sioux City Iowa is where to go

This might tickle your fancy as well! http://www.bakbmwvictory.com/new_veh...504&pov=835339

If you prefer the other color-----http://www.bakbmwvictory.com/new_veh...504&pov=903155

Also GLOBAL GIRL

I live in Iowa falls, can mount and balance your tires no problemo, the wife will even be happy to assist, she is actually pretty good. She likes Bud Light bottles!

If you bring the wheel weights, I can balance! I am currently out of wheel weights! Or if you prefer, I have some dyna beads and can throw them in your tires as well.

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!

mxchamp screwed with this post 03-07-2009 at 08:17 AM
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #116
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,393
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
Sorry I haven't been lurking lately on this thread.

I bought my X challenge at Gina's BMW in Iowa City. I buy all my bikes from her. 7 in total up to date. That's including 2 bikes for the wife.

I did do a RR to Moab but that was about 2 years ago and all the photos are probably gone by now. I didn't do a RR for lasts years trip because I got lazy this winter and pretty much didn't do anything but buy another new bike.

You will have to go to Moline for a 990.

Also Bak BMW/Victory/KTM in Sioux City Iowa is where to go

This might tickle your fancy as well! http://www.bakbmwvictory.com/new_veh...504&pov=835339

If you prefer the other color-----http://www.bakbmwvictory.com/new_veh...504&pov=903155

Also GLOBAL GIRL

I live in Iowa falls, can mount and balance your tires no problemo, the wife will even be happy to assist, she is actually pretty good. She likes Bud Light bottles!

If you bring the wheel weights, I can balance! I am currently out of wheel weights! Or if you prefer, I have some dyna beads and can throw them in your tires as well.
Just an update from the above post.

I just got a fresh supply of wheel weights from my secret supplier! I am ready to balance tires for the summer.

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #117
Iowa Boy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Well I have been a lurker for a long time but I'm just west of Des Moines.
Iowa Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #118
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Raining and sloppy as ever out! Wonder if anyone can bring stuff in to sell? I have a couple trail 70 parts and rear supermoto tires I'd like to try to sell.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #119
ShrinerDan
Helping kids walk

Oddometer: 1,173
Just got home from the swap meet. If you wanted to sell something looks like you're out of luck. Also, out of luck if you don't have a Harley Davidson.
Waterloo lodge #105 AF&AM
El Kahir Shrine AAONMS
High Twelve Club #46
ShrinerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #120
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinerDan
Just got home from the swap meet. If you wanted to sell something looks like you're out of luck. Also, out of luck if you don't have a Harley Davidson.
I figured so. Sorry you wasted your day driving down for it. I was/am sick, or I probably would have made a showing.