ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #1366
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDub
IT was a lot of fun. Gary is looking for a used DR350/400. He'd be a good one to lead us around Jackson County sometime. That is, if 2whlrcr is too busy spreading manure to take us.
Street riding is too dangerous.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #1367
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
I swear that that KTM 690 looks familiar???
We reported it stolen.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #1368
CR_TurboGuy
Iowhat?
 
CR_TurboGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
We reported it stolen.
Ah, so that's why it was being ridden 'like he stole it'

Jeez, I feel so inadequate w/ my lowly XT, I don't think I'll be able to show my face @ an ADV gathering until I get an upgrade like the 'cool' kids. Heh heh.

--JOsh
__________________
1990 Yamaha XT600E - Old Faithful
1983 Yamaha CV80 Riva/Beluga Scooter - Scooter Trash
CR_TurboGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #1369
jjustj
cum petris et choris
 
jjustj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: 9157 ft Dillon CO
Oddometer: 5,360
wahhhhhhhhhhmbulance on its way for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr
Better than my yogurt interspersed with mud, in the middle of an Ilinois cornfield, while rushing to refuel and get back to the next checkpoint?
how did you finish?
__________________
Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. Mark Twain
RIDE STEALTH,



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?

jjustj screwed with this post 09-29-2009 at 04:45 AM
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #1370
rj95lss
Scrambler Wanted...
 
rj95lss's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Buy mine....(kidding) Guy I bought this from has another he is selling for a friend with less extras....but in Maine

Do you own a trailer? If so, get a racer boy bike, but don't plan on much slabbing it as it will kill it.
How much does he want for it?

Yes I do have a trailer and my Land Rover should be able to pull it - LOL. I really didn't want to mess with a bike i had to trailer and i don't mind buying a new set of tires every season for the bike. This wouldn't be a bike I ride to CO but "maybe" the TWAT - that would be as far as it ever went - mostly just the level-b roads, 600 acres (11 miles from my driveway) and my buddies property (less than 30 miles).

Thanks-
__________________
'07 R1200S Tiger Stripe
'97 F650 Funduro
'93 XR600R
'75 CB400f Super Sport
'75 CB360
rj95lss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #1371
rj95lss
Scrambler Wanted...
 
rj95lss's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDub
IT was a lot of fun. Gary is looking for a used DR350/400. He'd be a good one to lead us around Jackson County sometime. That is, if 2whlrcr is too busy spreading manure to take us.
I posted a link to a used DR400 on IC craigslist a couple days ago. Its my buddies, clean, and i can tell you anything you need to know about it. Eric works from home so you could look at it anytime. Call him or me.
__________________
'07 R1200S Tiger Stripe
'97 F650 Funduro
'93 XR600R
'75 CB400f Super Sport
'75 CB360
rj95lss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 AM   #1372
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj

howd did you finish?
4th in the Old Man class and that doesn't count the guy who is my age and got second OVERALL. About 15 riders in the class.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #1373
motometal
i like motorcycles
 
motometal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Baja, Motorcycle Heaven
Oddometer: 3,443
what's the "old man" class, 40+?
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 AM   #1374
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
what's the "old man" class, 40+?
50+ and there is a 60+ class too.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #1375
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95lss
How much does he want for it?

Yes I do have a trailer and my Land Rover should be able to pull it - LOL. I really didn't want to mess with a bike i had to trailer and i don't mind buying a new set of tires every season for the bike. This wouldn't be a bike I ride to CO but "maybe" the TWAT - that would be as far as it ever went - mostly just the level-b roads, 600 acres (11 miles from my driveway) and my buddies property (less than 30 miles).

Thanks-
Unsure on price or if it's still available. Shipping was $540, He said he'd be asking more than the one I bought. I can get you his contact if interested.

My Vitara pulls bikes, your LR will no problem. I would hate the hassle of hauling, but the maint. schedules of a legal 'race bike" would kill me. Tires are cheap and I go through 2-3 sets a season (2 bikes)
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #1376
DVDub
Adventurer
 
DVDub's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Eastern Iowa
Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95lss
I posted a link to a used DR400 on IC craigslist a couple days ago. Its my buddies, clean, and i can tell you anything you need to know about it. Eric works from home so you could look at it anytime. Call him or me.
I told him about that bike, but he's looking for something under $2K. Evidently, he looked at a DR350 in that price range in Davenport and is kicking himself for not jumping on it.
DVDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #1377
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer
 
pookiebear's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: CharVegas
Oddometer: 938
CT70 Update!
rims cleaned up and painted with ceramic header paint. GUNMETAL
new tires and tubes installed.
GPS mount installed.
125db horn ($12 runs off 9volt battery) installed.
Just need to wire up the headlight (Assembled it) and tailight.
Insurance purchased for $68 for the year.
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #1378
rj95lss
Scrambler Wanted...
 
rj95lss's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDub
I told him about that bike, but he's looking for something under $2K. Evidently, he looked at a DR350 in that price range in Davenport and is kicking himself for not jumping on it.
I know a guy with a DR350 is really good shape with new tire/battery and carb clean that is thinking about selling it. Its in North Liberty, I will ask him what he would want.
__________________
'07 R1200S Tiger Stripe
'97 F650 Funduro
'93 XR600R
'75 CB400f Super Sport
'75 CB360
rj95lss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #1379
rj95lss
Scrambler Wanted...
 
rj95lss's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Unsure on price or if it's still available. Shipping was $540, He said he'd be asking more than the one I bought. I can get you his contact if interested.

My Vitara pulls bikes, your LR will no problem. I would hate the hassle of hauling, but the maint. schedules of a legal 'race bike" would kill me. Tires are cheap and I go through 2-3 sets a season (2 bikes)
Nah that's kewl. i was just wondering what it would cost. I think I would be better off with a motoX bike and just have to only ride stuff that my GS w/TKC80's would do next year. I might try to find somebody to trade KLR for something smaller that's street legal for now and just buy a real dirtbike and the GS next spring. Pretty sure 4stroke 300-450 but we will see what I can get a deal on next spring. Plus like I said I have a trailer and a truck and its only 11 miles to 600acres.
__________________
'07 R1200S Tiger Stripe
'97 F650 Funduro
'93 XR600R
'75 CB400f Super Sport
'75 CB360
rj95lss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #1380
2whlrcr
gooligan
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Oddometer: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj95lss
Nah that's kewl. i was just wondering what it would cost. I think I would be better off with a motoX bike and just have to only ride stuff that my GS w/TKC80's would do next year. I might try to find somebody to trade KLR for something smaller that's street legal for now and just buy a real dirtbike and the GS next spring. Pretty sure 4stroke 300-450 but we will see what I can get a deal on next spring. Plus like I said I have a trailer and a truck and its only 11 miles to 60acres.
fixed
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014