Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #736
Ursa Major
Bemused

Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
OK...I'm starting to get some abandonment anxiety (withdrawal)...someone hold my hand...Roge'll be back soon...won't he?
Based on past behavior, it'll either be two days, two months or two years. The sample set is widely distributed...
Thirty years from now there will be a huge amount of oil - and no buyers. Oil will be left in the ground. The Stone Age came to an end, not because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will come to an end not because we have a lack of oil. - Saudi Oil Minister Sheik Yamani, in 2000
Ursa Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #737
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Major
Based on past behavior, it'll either be two days, two months or two years. The sample set is widely distributed...
Indeed--but rest assured, whatever he's doing, be it getting a pedicure or riding his motorcycle across a continent, there are guys with guns, drunken locals, and gorgeous women throwing themselves at him.

And we'll get to hear all about it.

Eventually.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #738
CruzCtrl
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
Truly an Epic

I started reading this at 3am yesterday morning after we get home from the bar, kept me up till 6:30. Tonight my lady rented us a movie I pull out my lap top to check e-mail, I start reading this again.

Anyway what movie did she rent, honey where are you? Great! She's a sleep I can read some more. Looking forward to the final chapters of this story, If only in anticapation of other great stories.

Thanks
CruzCtrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #739
troutdog
I don't fish.

Oddometer: 809
troutdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #740
Bossman1
Harley Convert

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Indeed--but rest assured, whatever he's doing, be it getting a pedicure or riding his motorcycle across a continent, there are guys with guns, drunken locals, and gorgeous women throwing themselves at him.

And we'll get to hear all about it.

Eventually.
JohnW,

Any chance you might let Rogue1 have more posts on his own thread than you? Just politely letting you know we are all having to scroll past you to get to the good stuff lately. If you want to start your own thread called, "Comments about waiting for posts from Rogue1 by JohnW" your more than welcome. If not, be patient, don't spell check the guy, his writing is great without having to spell palapas correctly. Don't fuckin piss the guy off, we want all he'll give us.

Didn't mean to steal your thread Rogue1. Just trying to keep the underlings at bay!
Bossman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #741
Metal Doc
Duc addicted

Oddometer: 1,446
All right a work diversion

Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #742
ADK
_____

Oddometer: 8,094
Quote:
It's spelled "you're," Einstein.

Now go get me a beer.
He's right.
You're wrong.
Get ME a beer.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #743
Highwayman
Saddle Up

Oddometer: 179
Thumb Maravilloso, Amigo...

....Sean, you posted a quote from a bar in Baja of Henry David Thoreau. My favorite of his is, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." You and your life are, without question, the antithesis of this.
I, like so many others, have been captivated by your story--no your gift--and have followed it with a mixture of envy and inter-tribal pride. The amount of people you've influenced, the lives you've changed. You are the rarity of the motorcycling world; a person who evokes it so strongly that quitting a job is no sacrifice. And there are motorcycle manufacturers that owe you money.
There aren't many people I would like to meet, but you are one. Yo tengo denero, porque sus denero esta no bueno para cervesas frios.

Thanks for the ride, bro
Mike
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #744
Diesel_GSA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
+1, Very well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman
....Sean, you posted a quote from a bar in Baja of Henry David Thoreau. My favorite of his is, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." You and your life are, without question, the antithesis of this.
I, like so many others, have been captivated by your story--no your gift--and have followed it with a mixture of envy and inter-tribal pride. The amount of people you've influenced, the lives you've changed. You are the rarity of the motorcycling world; a person who evokes it so strongly that quitting a job is no sacrifice. And there are motorcycle manufacturers that owe you money.
There aren't many people I would like to meet, but you are one. Yo tengo denero, porque sus denero esta no bueno para cervesas frios.

Thanks for the ride, bro
Mike
Diesel_GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #745
euromedic
Peter...n00b

Oddometer: 127

I must say I feel fortunate to not have to wait for updates, especially for almost 2 years Sean, once you finsih your studies you should seriously look into creating a MC touring firm with the foundations of the ride you took. This is obviously stuff that most of us would only LOVE to do, but for various reasons cannot commit to in such a fashion like you have. I have followed your narration and images with wonder and awe over the last week, and now I too am joining the many others that have had to wait for updates. God Speed R1, may your studies go well, may you be a facillitator for others to get on a bike and RIDE (by selling them a bike, and then sharing your ride at the bar), may you and Karen enjoy happy times in NJ, may you be able to meet Carotte once more I look forward to the next updates, knowing that studies take up time I shall wait patiently. One day i shall do as you have done, and will get there in the meantime by applying what you have discovered on the road.....just do it...let the karma lead you....it is ok to take changes, the reward is worth it in many cases. Thank you for sharing, have a good day.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #746
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,493
Quote:
And then Rogue disappeared again...into the mists of time, while the villagers stood watch...awaiting his return...
Hey JohnW, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands - instead of pressuring Rogue to finish his report, why don't you write one of your own.

You'll find getting just the right pics, sorting, uploading, and getting in the zone to put it into words is pretty time consuming. It's not so easy to put together a decent ride report.

Try it - maybe that will make you a little more patient when others are writing thiers (especially one as long as this one).
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #747
saddle_up_partner
fell off the jetway again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2
Hey JohnW, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands - instead of pressuring Rogue to finish his report, why don't you write one of your own.

You'll find getting just the right pics, sorting, uploading, and getting in the zone to put it into words is pretty time consuming. It's not so easy to put together a decent ride report.

Try it - maybe that will make you a little more patient when others are writing thiers (especially one as long as this one).
I don't think JohnW is pressuring him too much, if anything he keeps bumping it, so bord out of their mind people at work like me notice this post and are entertained all day.

Save $5 when you sign up for smugmug with this coupon code vqvMkadU5ubOc
saddle_up_partner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #748
troutdog
I don't fish.

Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddle_up_partner
I don't think JohnW is pressuring him too much, if anything he keeps bumping it, so bord out of their mind people at work like me notice this post and are entertained all day.
Good point. It's like free advertisement.
troutdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #749
Bossman1
Harley Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinc2

WELL PUT Thinc2 !!!
Bossman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #750
euromedic
Peter...n00b

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
And then Rogue disappeared again...into the mists of time, while the villagers stood watch...awaiting his return...
Lemme see....R1 works 2 jobs, goes to school, has to tend to his flock of ladies, has to ride.....yea he's busy. Having posted a few short ride reports myself, it ptolly takes him at least 3-4 hours to get a good length going. Just be patient, christmas break will be here soon enough, then he may have a Christmas present ready for us