Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #841
CHROMEKID01
Banned

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choicecut
Here is hoping that his absence will turn out to be the publishing of his new book. I would definitely purchase it!
I second that for sure
CHROMEKID01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #842
Glaze
Sound Jumper

Oddometer: 224
Man i hope this guy comes back. His report is what started my addiction to ADVrider. Dont leave a brother hangin for to long.
Glaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #843
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechAndy
Man i hope this guy comes back. His report is what started my addiction to ADVrider. Dont leave a brother hangin for to long.
It was he who hooked me as well, and as much as I'd like to read the rest of his story, there are many others here with great stories as well. Kaneman right now, bugfnnuts recently with a ride report and a faceplant, Striking Viking's round the world trip, and those are only a few of those that I've seen in the few months that I've been here. Rogue1, if you see this, thanks. And, oh yeah, finish the blasted thing, will ya?

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #844
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,265
Maybe he forgot his password :(
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #845
Rwells
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Been there done that........
Rwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:15 AM   #846
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer: 3,974
regarding passwords: use Roboform. Let the robot do it. :)

I've found yet another timesink, errr.. ride report to catch up on.

I swear, one leads to another, then you're thinking seriously about just reading all damn day.....
JAFO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #847
CHROMEKID01
Banned

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO
regarding passwords: use Roboform. Let the robot do it. :)

I've found yet another timesink, errr.. ride report to catch up on.

I swear, one leads to another, then you're thinking seriously about just reading all damn day.....
I know that feeling for sure, Glad to see Rogue1 is busy with real life most of us have that happen once in a while.
CHROMEKID01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #848
Master prune
G-S'tacy

Oddometer: 53
Talking Finally got to the end

Man this is hilarious. I finally got to the end so I can post something. Worst part of it is that now I'm joined with the rest of you guys waiting for the next post from the man who has quickly risen to legend status. What the hell am I gonna do at work now? work? haven't done much of that in the past 3 days since I found this thread. Anyway, I'm sure he'll come back one of these days. In the meantime take your own damn trip. Rogue, thanks for the inspiration and for reminding me what life was like before I got married (another great decision I made) no really!

R12GS wasted 2yrs dreamin about it.
Master prune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #849
gasandasphalt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
What happened???

Hate to think the worst,, but could it be that someone thought they needed his laptop and motorcycle more than Rogue1 did??? could it be that harm may have come to him that night on that beach?? I don't know how a person would go about finding out, sure seems odd to me that a young fellow with so much to share with everyone would just disappear....?

gasandasphalt screwed with this post 06-13-2007 at 10:47 PM
gasandasphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:34 AM   #850
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasandasphalt
Hate to think the worst,, but could it be that someone thought they needed his laptop and motorcycle more than Rogue1 did??? could it be that harm may have come to him that night on that beach?? I don't know how a person would go about finding out, sure seems odd to me that a young fellow with so much to share with everyone would just disappear....?
(Re)read post 843 on this page. He attended a rally last summer and has posted since then. Life has kept him away from this thread. Don't forget that the trip was several years ago.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"

MikeyT screwed with this post 06-14-2007 at 05:42 AM
MikeyT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #851
L8GR8
nu2u

Oddometer: 17
newest fan

I just found this report at work 3 days ago and have just finished it. I have been shown the world through his eyes and it has changed my outlook on life at the same time. I have been changed by reading this report and I thank you Rogue 1 for sharing your adventure with all of us!
How has my outlook changed you ask??
1-Smell the roses...look at the details and savor the moments.
2-Meet the locals and enjoy sharing with them...most people are decent and would enjoy to hear of your travels and plans.
3-JUST DO IT! (I use this with myself a lot)

Rogue 1, I take off my hat to you and your brave tale of adventure. Just don't puke in it, ok?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #852
Highwayman
Saddle Up

Oddometer: 179
Question Where Are Ya, Sean?

This thread has cost me so much in vacation time and motorcycle expense it's not even funny.

You need one more triip to MEXICO, pardner...

Mike
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #853
aposaric
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 270
Thumb Finally;-)

Ok, I am a really new member here, I have been a lurker for a very long time here, and I have been reading this thread for the last couple of days, whenever I get the chance;-)

Sean, you are the man, you live your dream and that is the way to go.

I was happy when I started to read this , when I saw the date; 2004, I thought, finally, a thread that is finished, and I will enjoy the story. And I saw you had few long pauses (one year or so) and I was happy, that I am going to be able to read the post till the end.
I felt sorry for the rest of you sad bastards, who were left hanging for couple of month wihout an update;-)

And now, I am one of you;-) I am not sad that you stoped updating, it is ok, the story so far was really amusing and fun to read. And I hopethat some day you will find time to finish it;-)

I have done few simmilar rides, but in lower scale an in europe, on 50cc scooter, and on 250cc MT scooter, and I can relate to most of your stories.

This is my first post here, and I am happy that it is in this thread

Greetings from Croatia, Europe

Andrija
aposaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #854
thetastelingers
eyem speshul

Oddometer: 30
You just caused me to lose about 3 hours of work.....
I have been through this thread from page one....LOL
This thread makes me want to quit, sell everything, grab the wife, and head out!
Although I don't think I would be able to remember all the minute details from several days much less several years.
Great job.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #855
Rogue 1 OP
Walking Nike Ad

Oddometer: 659
Pssst... hey you... wanna buy a conclusion???

Took a little loop?
Went for a little run?
Took a little jaunt?
Went for a little ride?

Oh freakin’ pleeeeze! Guys (gals) get your own title! It’s not that hard to think of something original!

Ahhh… good. I feel better now.

There’s a lot to tell/respont to but I don’t have the time right now. I’m at a campsite and using a GPRS link through my cell phone to post this so I’ve got to keep it high and tight because under the best conditions this connections sucks.

I am in south-eastern New Hampshire at a crummy RV site in Hampton. I will be at MAX BMW all day (Thursday July 26th) getting a 24k svc on Sliver… come say hello if your in the neighborhood. If you want to have a beer later on let me know via email.

I tomorrow makes 2 weeks OTR. Why am I OTR? To get my head straight and to finish ‘Took A Little Ride.’ But that’s only working out to a certain degree. I forgot how hard it is to write on the road AND this ride deserves its own thread… but if I started it you’d kill me (chuckle… I’d kill me too).

Things you should know:

JUST DO IT!
Said I’d go back to school… went back to school… Graduated (two weeks ago) Not one degree but TWO! B.S. in Business Administration & Finance AND a B.A. in English!!! Magna Cum Laude AND Phi Beta Kappa baby!!!

JUST DID IT!!!

(thanks to all of you who supported me in that and sent your love)

I have a new hat!

I have a new riding partner! (omg is that a story!)

And between getting rained out of my tent I have been writing, writing, and writing!!! Here’s my office (LOL)

Come say hi if ya can… the little ride will be completed!

(and then I’ll tell ya all the other junk)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Frank Herbert , "Dune"

"I never drive faster than I can see... other than that it's all in the reflexes..." BTILC

"Remember the face of your father." Roland the Gunslinger

http://rogue1.smugmug.com

"T.A.L.R. Redux 2007" HAS BEGUN!!! Visit the "I once was lost..." Website
Rogue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote