User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Gh0zt36 OP
n00b for life

Oddometer: 978
Palm bay to c54 to vero ???

Anyone round here ride? I'm looking for some new fun trails. I heard there are some in grant but I dunno where exactly .

hit me up if anyone want to blast some trails.
Gh0zt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Check out the Great Spacecoaster thread. We usually try to let everybody know when and where we're meeting for weekend rides by Friday nights. This morning, a few of us did a short-notice-by-text ride in Palm Bay, but we drowned a DR-Z almost as soon as we left breakfast. Then we spent over an hour getting it out to pavement and getting it running again. We never made it to Grant-Valkaria before everybody had to head for home.

We usually meet around 0700-0730 on Saturday and/or Sunday at one of 3 places...Malibu's in Rockledge, Harbor City Diner in Melbourne, or Chekmarc's in Palm Bay. Check out the thread every Friday night for ride notices and come meet up with us on a weekend ride!

For the mud and sand, I recommend at least a front DOT knob (IRC TR8, MT21, XCMH, etc.) and a rear semi-knob (244, K270, 700, TW302, etc.), on a bike that weighs less than 450lb curb...unless you're some kind of masochist and/or skilled dirt rider. I ride a DR650 as my first dirtybike, at 5'8"/30"inseam/200lb/strong-like-bull, and it's about as chunky/streety as I'd want to be on without a bit more skill under my belt. Most of our riding CAN be done by just a determined/intermediate rider on something like a 500lb Triumph or BMW 800 or even bigger, but we sometimes hit some sand, whoops, and mud that can be exhausting to haul a heavy bike through/from. A sub-450lb bike is usually preferable.

A few of us around here also ride during the week, after work, but most seem to have obligations until the weekends. As the days get longer, more people may be able/willing to ride more days after work.

Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Gh0zt36 OP
n00b for life

Oddometer: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Check out the Great Spacecoaster thread. We usually try to let everybody know when and where we're meeting for weekend rides by Friday nights. This morning, a few of us did a short-notice-by-text ride in Palm Bay, but we drowned a DR-Z almost as soon as we left breakfast. Then we spent over an hour getting it out to pavement and getting it running again. We never made it to Grant-Valkaria before everybody had to head for home.

We usually meet around 0700-0730 on Saturday and/or Sunday at one of 3 places...Malibu's in Rockledge, Harbor City Diner in Melbourne, or Chekmarc's in Palm Bay. Check out the thread every Friday night for ride notices and come meet up with us on a weekend ride!

For the mud and sand, I recommend at least a front DOT knob (IRC TR8, MT21, XCMH, etc.) and a rear semi-knob (244, K270, 700, TW302, etc.), on a bike that weighs less than 450lb curb...unless you're some kind of masochist and/or skilled dirt rider. I ride a DR650 as my first dirtybike, at 5'8"/30"inseam/200lb/strong-like-bull, and it's about as chunky/streety as I'd want to be on without a bit more skill under my belt. Most of our riding CAN be done by just a determined/intermediate rider on something like a 500lb Triumph or BMW 800 or even bigger, but we sometimes hit some sand, whoops, and mud that can be exhausting to haul a heavy bike through/from. A sub-450lb bike is usually preferable.

A few of us around here also ride during the week, after work, but most seem to have obligations until the weekends. As the days get longer, more people may be able/willing to ride more days after work.
I'm riding a '11 DR650se too and I got t-63 s front and back . Yea , ill definitely look up the spacecoast thread. I saw a gs on the road today ...always wonder if the duallies I see are adv'ers

So howd the DR-Z make out ? Swamp the carb or ?

Gh0zt36 screwed with this post 02-16-2014 at 12:14 PM
Gh0zt36 is offline   Reply With Quote