User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 AM   #1
c4nuck OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Finally a New Front Wheel!

I've been wanting to upgrade my front wheel for awhile with Woody's, oddly enough I must have ended up with "one of the good ones". 50K miles with plenty of hard hits and it has stayed true!

The other day I hit the butt end of a 4x4 post at 80mph, that took care of it!

Nothing like catching some air on the highway and sticking the landing. Rode almost 2 hours home with the wheel like this, people kept pointing at it, like I didn't know why my font end was hopping around, haha.

Bought a 21x1.85 Excel superlaced to a RAD hub, should be great!

Trying to decide what to lace to the stock hub, thinking of a 17" for a motard setup.
IBA #59085
BC-->TX-->Carribean
c4nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4nuck View Post
Trying to decide what to lace to the stock hub, thinking of a 17" for a motard setup.
I've been waffling back and forth between 17 and 19 inch front. It seems that even a 19" will change steering geometry enough to get close to SM performance, and either one might need lowering the back to keep it from getting twitchy?
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
braddonati
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I have a 19" front wheel for my f800gs adventure and it rides really nice on the street when I run it. Probably because my previous bike was a r1200gs with the 19" on the front. The f800gs turns really well with the 19" wheel on the front. The only drawback is I have not bought additional discs and a ABS sensor for that wheel and it is kind of a hassle to change those parts over from the 21" wheel when I use it. It also seems that with the smaller front wheel, you are siting slightly more sloped towards the front of the seat, with the 21" wheel the seat is a little more "nuetral" or level. I prefer to seat to be more level.

Brad Donati
braddonati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
OKDS2013
New to Enduro

Oddometer: 8
I have a 19" Excel tubeless rim on my F800. Nothing but good things to say about it! Ride is smooth, the bike is more level with less lean aft-wards. I recommend it!
OKDS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #5
Dirt wolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4nuck View Post
I've been wanting to upgrade my front wheel for awhile with Woody's, oddly enough I must have ended up with "one of the good ones". 50K miles with plenty of hard hits and it has stayed true!

The other day I hit the butt end of a 4x4 post at 80mph, that took care of it!

Nothing like catching some air on the highway and sticking the landing. Rode almost 2 hours home with the wheel like this, people kept pointing at it, like I didn't know why my font end was hopping around, haha.

Bought a 21x1.85 Excel superlaced to a RAD hub, should be great!

Wow! you got that one pretty good... makes the whamy in mine look
like child's play. I have a call into Woody's as well.

DRZ 400
F800GS
Dirt wolf is offline   Reply With Quote