ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #271
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulked Up View Post
It's been almost three years since I laid the route out
Thank you

Quote:
I have a gpx file of the complete track, all in one route. PM me your email address if you are interested.
And thank you!
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #272
Kainic
Almost there

Oddometer: 378
PM sent.
Kainic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #273
asfault
Non-normative

Oddometer: 109
The TMAT has been on our to-do list and I checked it off yesterday with CariocaGirl. It was a cool and dreary morning at the southern end, but the afternoon was beautiful and we had an awesome time. Well done HU and thank you for this contribution!

We've been on a lot of dirt roads in southern VT, but we've fairly neglected what MA has to offer. I must say, there are really nice ones here. Sorry I can't name the names right now, but I love those long narrow two-tracks with vegetation growing between. I appreciated that tight paved path along the river - trail riding on pavement.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #274
Mr Bill
Old Dog

Oddometer: 145
Thumb Tmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfault View Post
The TMAT has been on our to-do list and I checked it off yesterday with CariocaGirl.

Four of us from Woosta rode it South to North Sunday too.

Was that you in Greenfield Shell gassing up as we were gearing up?

Thanks to HulkedUp for the track!

Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #275
asfault
Non-normative

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
Was that you in Greenfield Shell gassing up as we were gearing up?
It was indeed. I was pretty sure I saw fresh motorcycle tracks on the trail and now I know who made 'em.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #276
Rahn
n00b

Oddometer: 6
new road suggestion

If your want a nice warmup road for the ride, I would suggest taking prock hill all the way through to new hartford road then you are back on track. It's a pretty challenging dirt road to get you warmed up. There is a lot of single track that could be added in through the state forests if you are looking for an adventure.
Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #277
gloud
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
A friend from work and I ran most of the trail on thursday, We picked it up where it crosses RT20 By the deer statue. then we rode through to deerfield. Nice ride I had to do a route sheet as our Cage GPS's will not take external files.

Our steads? My 1978 DT175E and my friend his Yamaha TTR225. So I will claim the smallest bike to do it so far. LOL
And Mine is a 2 stroke. (I carried a 1 gal can as My tank is on the small size. filled up in Ashfield. )
Nice ride, and we did the section in under 4 hours.

Thanks and we had a lot more fun that we thought we would with it being just dirt roads.
gloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #278
Hulked Up OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
That's awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm headed to Labrador over the weekend and will get to test the dirt skills I honed on the Trans-Mass on the mighty Trans-Labrador Highway.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #279
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahn View Post
...I would suggest taking prock hill all the way through to new hartford road then you are back on track. It's a pretty challenging dirt road...
Prock Hill? Just a regular run of the mill maintained dirt thru road. OTOH some of the stuff off to the right of the subsequent "tar" (enduro talk) gets rough past the last house. Like try Roberts Rd. to Sears Rd. all the way thru to Rte 57. THAT would have some "challenging" dirt road sections!

The other day several of us got together to ride part of the trans-mass and found that none of us had the GPS file. We would rather have it in a Route Sheet!
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #280
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
The other day several of us got together to ride part of the trans-mass and found that none of us had the GPS file. We would rather have it in a Route Sheet!
That sounds like a good job for you Vince! Make a route sheet of the TMT for us :-)
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #281
RidingUpAndDown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
That's awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm headed to Labrador over the weekend and will get to test the dirt skills I honed on the Trans-Mass on the mighty Trans-Labrador Highway.
Hulked,

That - http://labrador2011.blogspot.com - is one hell of a wild and crazy tale, high-speed fn blowout, phew glad u r ok. Just goes to show - focusing on the journey is important vs. just the destination, just as getting to the summit should be secondary to a safe and prudent journey.
Live to 'summit' another day!

Peace.
RidingUpAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #282
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,079
Had a great day on the TMT this past Sunday. Took 17 gigs of video with my new gopro. Here is a video from the only washed out section Curtin Rd. You always lose some perspective from a video but this was harder than it looks. The water crossing was steep in and out and very loose dirt and mud.

Vermont Covered Bridges

Spinalcracker screwed with this post 10-18-2011 at 05:04 PM
Spinalcracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #283
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,382
Nice.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #284
Dieseldog13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Need GPS help

My son and I really want to do the Trans-Mass trail ride before the season ends (actually it is snowing here right now). I am ready to order a Garmin , probably the 76cx. I also would need the RAM mount for the handlebar. Am I correct that to load the GPS unit with Hulked Up's files that I first would need to buy maps and install them? If so, what maps and where do I get them? Mail order or off the web? Is there anything else for the GPS that I would need to be ready to do the Trans-Mass trail?
Thanks for any help that you can give me,
Jim
Dieseldog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #285
fizzerfz1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldog13 View Post
My son and I really want to do the Trans-Mass trail ride before the season ends (actually it is snowing here right now). I am ready to order a Garmin , probably the 76cx. I also would need the RAM mount for the handlebar. Am I correct that to load the GPS unit with Hulked Up's files that I first would need to buy maps and install them? If so, what maps and where do I get them? Mail order or off the web? Is there anything else for the GPS that I would need to be ready to do the Trans-Mass trail?
Thanks for any help that you can give me,
Jim
PM me I will help you with loading the maps, you would need a 2GB or a 4GB card. Buy a 60csx if possible, if you havent already bought a GPS. 60CSX is better than 76cx, IMO.