Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #61
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Nemo

Just curious, which exhaust system is that?
motowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #62
Rex Nemo
horizon calling

Oddometer: 298
The exhausts are Sato slip-ons (richly growly and highly recommended), and the engine guards are Givi.

Hoping to take the bike (with the Givi luggage setup installed) from Oakland, CA to Asheville, NC and back by way of NYC and Colorado starting in mid-May. Not the best touring bike ever, but the 919's ergos beat me up less than my VFR, sadly. I do think I will need to spring for a larger windscreen, perhaps the Givi A755 with the 919 adapter kit.

Anyone selling a Sargent seat for a 919, perchance?

Rex Nemo screwed with this post 03-19-2009 at 12:06 AM
Rex Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #63
Avispao
Hornet 900 Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
I do think I will need to spring for a larger windscreen, perhaps the Givi A755 with the 919 adapter kit.
Yeah, i use it and there's a big difference with smaller screens. With A755 I could make a night travel of 550km at 180km/h as cruise-speed and didn't arrive too tired (but the light of panic brighted every 180km.)
Avispao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #64
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Quote:
The exhausts are Sato slip-ons (richly growly and highly recommended), and the engine guards are Givi.
Thanks! I have to say that I have not heard of Sato. Where did you get them/hear about them? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm thinking of getting a 919 (I've already been the VFR route myself -- want something different).
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #65
croth68
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Motowest,If you want to hear the sato's on a 919,check out you-tube.I have jardine RT-1,s on my 919.I had to change the cans it was just to quite.
croth68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #66
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #67
dengwynn
AT LARGE

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax
I considered the 919 before purchasing my FZ1.

The Yamaha just destroyed the 919 .
That is my opinion too, My riding buddy bought a 919 but I got a FZ1 and more power. Better suspension too. But I think the Hornet is prettier, especially green! They are both good bikes.
dengwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:37 AM   #68
Avispao
Hornet 900 Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
I crashed mine yesterday. Front wheel slided before reaching the corner (not braking hard), and we went down.

I'm good but with some big hits on right shoulder and hip, as the bike came over me. And the bike, i couldn't see it much but fork, lights, clocks, topcase... Many euros in the worst time for it.
Avispao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #69
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avispao
I crashed mine yesterday. Front wheel slided before reaching the corner (not braking hard), and we went down.

I'm good but with some big hits on right shoulder and hip, as the bike came over me. And the bike, i couldn't see it much but fork, lights, clocks, topcase... Many euros in the worst time for it.
Sorry to hear of your crash. Most important is that you are alright. The bike can always be fixed or replaced.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #70
Rex Nemo
horizon calling

Sorry to hear of your crash, but glad you lived to tell the tale. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

I heard about the Satos on Wristtwisters, they have a number of 919 enthusiasts and lots of detailed info on mods.
I also saw a 919 in Red Rock Canyon near Vegas yesterday--the rider had MIVV X-cone exhausts on his ride. They sounded lovely--lower and quieter than the Satos, but very authoritative.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #71
Rex Nemo
horizon calling

I added Givi top and side racks to the 919 today; since I have aftermarket Satos, the toprack required some modification and re-welding (I tried to change the bracket angle and broke the brackets at the bend--d'oh!) in order to fit around the non-stock exhausts. Relocating the turn signals was a pain as well, but eventually the system came together.

Racks on

Givi bags on the bike (no lanesplitting with these babies)
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #72
mhsneon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Nice cases. I just installed the same cases but used the SWmotech racks. I have been running the E52 top case for the last year, been very happy. I also installed led lights in all the cases.

mhsneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #73
Rex Nemo
horizon calling

Lookin' great with the lights on the Givi cases. I've gotta be content with reflective tape for now.

Tried the Givi hard luggage setup this weekend on a camping trip with my gf--the 919 handled the weight of me, my passenger, and a load of camping gear quite well. I am definitely adding stainless brake lines for better stopping power with the setup, too.

And here's the new Sargent saddle that came recently--such an improvement in comfort, and it cups my butt just so!

Here's the lady friend, the bike, and our tent up at Sierra Hot Springs--nice place to camp and a gloriously decadent destination.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #74
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,838
has anyone added heated grips to a 919 yet?
Did you run it straight off the battery or something else.

I'm thinking of running mine of the battery with a relay to switch it with the ignition. But I'd rather just plug it into the harness if there is already a good hook up.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #75
RI2CA
Deer John

Oddometer: 43
919 Tank Bag - straps or magnetic?

I want to get a small/medium tank bag for my 919. The Cortech Super 10 seems to fit the bill, but I can't decide between magnetic and strap mounts.

I like the simplicity of magnets, but I don't want to lose the bag every time I hit a pothole. Straps are more secure, but the 919's backbone frame looks like it would limit options for attaching straps.

Any suggestions?
RI2CA is offline   Reply With Quote